Reda: "Give the squad time."

We can be effective, we were at Wigan. We played 2 up top, not sure if it was officially 2 up but that's what happened. Same with playing out of defence, we didn't. So why after an effective performance do we revert to the merde we witnessed on Saturday.

Moores comment about Oxford being helped by losing 4 players to covid just before kick off was embarrassing, disgaceful and just downright wrong. I'd rather he'd just said we were poor. It looks to me like the excuses have started, never a good sign.  He looked like a rabit in the headlights, he knows it's not working. It's his choice now, stick to his guns and pray it works, ( it probably won't) or change and be pragmatic.

He's supposed to know this division, it doesn't look like it to me, you need energy, application and aggression to get out of Div 1. We look like we lack all of them after Saturday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

Is there anyone out there that you would want to manage us instead? 

Can probably rustle up a few names.

Here’s a question for you - are you happy for us to stay around middtable?  

..Because based on what has happened so far, that probably where we’ll end up.

Reda, never mind giving out advice, get a ******** blue and white shirt on and sign on again. Just come on for corners and free kicks in the 95th minute and try and snatch an equaliser after the opposites have just scored in the 94th! Ffs 😬

Reda Reda Reda 

Reda Reda

Reda Reda Johnson

Jermaine Jermaine Jermaine.....

On 04/10/2021 at 20:15, Earlsfieldowl said:

Can probably rustle up a few names.

Here’s a question for you - are you happy for us to stay around middtable?  

..Because based on what has happened so far, that probably where we’ll end up.

I'll ask the question again... Is there anyone out there that you would want to manage us instead? 

I'm not defending Moore. This season has been rubbish. Absolute drivel. We've played 40 minutes of good football all season. 20 mins vs. Fleetwood and 20 mins vs. Donny... but I'm just curious to know who you would like to manage us?

12 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

I'll ask the question again... Is there anyone out there that you would want to manage us instead? 

I'm not defending Moore. This season has been rubbish. Absolute drivel. We've played 40 minutes of good football all season. 20 mins vs. Fleetwood and 20 mins vs. Donny... but I'm just curious to know who you would like to manage us?

Well Hughton for one - had a nightmare at Forest which TBF is a bit of a basket case at the mo. 

Got a record of success in the FL and available.

Cant be worse than what we currently have.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Well Hughton for one - had a nightmare at Forest which TBF is a bit of a basket case at the mo. 

Got a record of success in the FL and available.

Cant be worse than what we currently have.

You mean the Hughton who turned us down when we were in the Championship?

I'd take him but I'm not convinced he'd take us.

50 minutes ago, prowl said:

Not sure either tbh but the opportunity to succeed with what we currently have is better than what we had when he rejected us and is certainly than what’s at Forest.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Not that I would want him...but his options are probably limited now.

As always, success at one club is no guarantee at others. There's a long list of decent managers at one club..when they go somewhere else it turns to apeshyte.

In all honesty not too fussed who's next, cos you never ever know how things will  turn out.

• Like 2

Moore is struggling a bit at the moment and some of the experts on here have already made their mind up about him so I think it’s only a matter of time before they force him out?

I’ll always be tarred with the ‘Monk Out’ brush and I have no problem with that. It makes me laugh that some genuinely think I was the only one that wanted him out but hey ho.

What surprises me about Moore is despite a reputation for playing attractive football at WBA and Donny, we are playing anything but an attractive style now? This club does have an habit of dragging managers and players to a negative/safety first mentality. Why, who knows? Is it fans expectations, perhaps putting them in a straight jacket?

Anyway I think we should stick with Moore regardless this season because I wouldn’t trust the Chairman to make a better appointment plus I do think Moore has a long term plan in place. Let’s face it many on here for ages have been calling for some of our young academy prospects to get sent out on Loan and this has happened under Moore. I doubt whether any other manager would’ve persuaded the Chairman to allow this as it’s rarely happened prior to Moore’s arrival? 

Anyway whatever will be, will be.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2021 at 19:17, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Just the same drivel from another ex footballer. He would say that wouldn't he.

Of course he would. After all he is a professional making his living in the game and with a great affection for Wednesday so why would he say anything positive 

5 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yes, the two stand out candidates in League One currently would be Paul Cook and Nigel Adkins with three promotions apiece.

Yes, I saw the Owlstalk messiah Cook managed another defeat at the weekend. If Moore’s in trouble, how on Earth is this fella still in a job?

We’re 10 games into our league 1 campaign 7 points off the top with a game in hand. We’ve got a totally new side let’s just stop thinking we’re going to walk the league Jesus look at Sunderland. I agree the football hasn’t been brilliant but yet we’re still 7 points off the top. This might take us until next season to get going but believe me a new manager won’t come in and suddenly we will be fighting for 1st. 10 games come on it’s getting a bit silly now.

• Like 2