Reda: "Give the squad time."

This week we were joined by Reda Johnson who gave his thoughts on the season so far. He was quick to point out that the "squad needs time" and that "Darren Moore is the man for the job."

...but how long do we give them? 

A month? 

Christmas? 

End of the season? 

Take a listen to the full episode here

The Wednesday Til I Die Podcast.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He is right about the squad but wrong about Moore - he isn’t going to take us anywhere.

Its the Turner/Sturrock scenario  - latter had form when it came to getting teams up and it counted.

Basically we need the like now 

Is there anyone out there that you would want to manage us instead? 

I still think Moore is the right man, but he needs to start proving that on the pitch. 

I'm not for the short term get promoted at any cost approach, think we need to build and become sustainable, rather than lurching from one manager to another, otherwise we'll come back down.wirhin a couple of seasons 

Moore has a squad which would be the envy of most L1 managers, needs to start getting the most from it. That starts with a settled formation, team selection and must stop changing to accommodate the opposition. We've seen it with successive managers, it doesn't work, just plays to the oppositions strength while we look disjointed.

We don't need jack's of all trades we need round pegs in round holes and players to win their individual battles. Once that's done we've earned the right to play and can impose supposed quality. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

He’s right. It’s crazy how quickly some people have turned. 

People are turning - or more accurately doubting the manager due to what they are witnessing. We are getting worse rather than improving with time to gel and some of the tactical selections are baffling.