Jump to content

When is Luongo back?


Recommended Posts

Miss him massively. Huge impact in that Rotherham game. 

Midfield has been like a Swiss cheese without him. Theres no one else capable of doing the job that he does for us. 

I know, Hutchinson did a good job at Wigan but he's needed at centre back if we insist I playing from the back.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe we were informed somewhere that he will be back in October. Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter when he’ll be back. As soon as he is he will be out again. Once these runs of injury’s kick in they never stop. So we have to plan to be without him. 
We need to replace him in Jan and in the interim try a few bodies in there to see if anyone can cut it. Hutch will be destroyed if he plays many games there. Maybe try Adeniran, or Dele Bashiru or at lest someone with physical presence or athleticism? Is there anyone in the u23s who might be worth a go? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We won't see him again in an owls shirt, the guy is a complete crock, he makes Connor Wickham look like he has a good injury record.

 

For me just more wasted money on bringing in players who cannot do the bare minimum of a football be able to play 40+ games a season, this guy break down after a few and we are lucky to get 20 appearances. We should have let him leave to Australia when the offer came in early last month.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I believe we were informed somewhere that he will be back in October. Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter when he’ll be back. As soon as he is he will be out again. Once these runs of injury’s kick in they never stop. So we have to plan to be without him. 
We need to replace him in Jan and in the interim try a few bodies in there to see if anyone can cut it. Hutch will be destroyed if he plays many games there. Maybe try Adeniran, or Dele Bashiru or at lest someone with physical presence or athleticism? Is there anyone in the u23s who might be worth a go? 

FDB, Byers, Adeniran all can play in the central midfield ball winning role i would prefer Hutch in the flat back 4 and we look a lot more solid with him instead of Dunkley there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

FDB, Byers, Adeniran all can play in the central midfield ball winning role i would prefer Hutch in the flat back 4 and we look a lot more solid with him instead of Dunkley there.

Looks like he's trying to get Wing in there. Played the last 3 games there, not the best but he's improving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Looks like he's trying to get Wing in there. Played the last 3 games there, not the best but he's improving.

No once again we are adopting the Gary Monk rule of thumb don't play a playing the in the correct position when you can shoe hone someone into the role.

 

Like playing Johnson at full back, Brown as a winger, Paterson as a striker, Berahino on the wing, Kamberi as a winger, Bannan as a defensive midfielder, Adeniran as a winger.

 

The list goes on of people played in the wrong position, we have a squad of 25+ players at least 2 players for every position but we still play way too many players out of position, because the manager unfortunately is starting to show he has his favourites, who play every game and he shoehorns them into a formation instead of player players that fit the roles.

 

Unless Moore snaps out of it and starts giving other player such as Corbeanu, Kamberi, Berahino, Hunt etc a run in the team it is when not if he get the boot.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No once again we are adopting the Gary Monk rule of thumb don't play a playing the in the correct position when you can shoe hone someone into the role.

 

Like playing Johnson at full back, Brown as a winger, Paterson as a striker, Berahino on the wing, Kamberi as a winger, Bannan as a defensive midfielder, Adeniran as a winger.

 

The list goes on of people played in the wrong position, we have a squad of 25+ players at least 2 players for every position but we still play way too many players out of position, because the manager unfortunately is starting to show he has his favourites, who play every game and he shoehorns them into a formation instead of player players that fit the roles.

 

Unless Moore snaps out of it and starts giving other player such as Corbeanu, Kamberi, Berahino, Hunt etc a run in the team it is when not if he get the boot.

Thing is, the ones who fit there, Hutch, Luongo and Byers are out. Adeniran is in there but he is a bit sus too when under pressure. Bannan would be good but he won't stay back so that leaves Wing. The formation relies on someone sitting deep, it's exactly the same formation as the England team with Rice and Phillips holding in front of the back 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...