The problem for Moore...

3 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

The biggest problem for Moore is a group of entitled fans who want instant success and have no patience.  Don't get me wrong I am not happy with certain things at the moment and disagree with team selection and tactics.  But for the love of god can we show a bit more patience and stop trying to sack the guy already.  The league is never won in September.  He has made massive strides in rebuilding the club on and off the pitch and slowly but surely the basis of our strongest team is emerging.  If its still like this by the end of November then yes it needs looking at, but for the time being cut the guy some slack and stop behaving like the prats on Arsenal Fan TV!

Best post I have read in weeks, well done sir.

As Sally says, there are fine lines. I appreciate the first 45 minutes wasn’t great. Get the result against Ipswich and Shrewsbury and the bounce in the Oxford match and we are 5 or 7 points better off.

But the thing that irks me about fan feedback, is everything being stated as Moore’s errors in the Oxford game, he absolutely delivered in the Wigan game - ONE game ago. More direct, more pace, 2 strikers, etc. Johnson played ok, not brilliant, but defensively stuck to his task. Wing lost the ball frequently, but he battled and won more than he lost. The team functioned and functioned well. Equally, he changed the plan for the second half. 

So, he’s made a mistake, reverting to a team and game plan that he thought would work. He got everything right against Wigan. Shouting for a managers head, just because a few things do not go our way, it’s a cycle that has led to our 25 years of apathy. This club needs stability and it needs patience. 

• Like 2

The biggest problem for Moore is a group of entitled fans who want instant success and have no patience.  Don't get me wrong I am not happy with certain things at the moment and disagree with team selection and tactics.  But for the love of god can we show a bit more patience and stop trying to sack the guy already.  The league is never won in September.  He has made massive strides in rebuilding the club on and off the pitch and slowly but surely the basis of our strongest team is emerging.  If its still like this by the end of November then yes it needs looking at, but for the time being cut the guy some slack and stop behaving like the prats on Arsenal Fan TV!

This 100%.

Need to get behind the manager and give him time.  

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

The only way to find out if your right is to drop Bannan and play Paterson. Id be surprised if he drops Bannan but Paterson started the last two so that’s half way there. 
The big move has to be ditching playing out from the back for me. We can’t do it and if we keep at it the P45 may as well be printed in readiness.

Amen to that.

We couldn't  evendo it in  the Championship with better players who knew each others' games inside out.

Mercifully Jostle changed tack after the Norwich drubbing when we went to the Lane next match, or Boxing Day would have been avenged with interest.

Hi Delphon 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pieman said:

absolutely delivered in the Wigan game - ONE game ago.

Mm...remember how we was doing until wigan scored for us. It was good header tbh.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pieman said:

As Sally says, there are fine lines. I appreciate the first 45 minutes wasn’t great. Get the result against Ipswich and Shrewsbury and the bounce in the Oxford match and we are 5 or 7 points better off.

But the thing that irks me about fan feedback, is everything being stated as Moore’s errors in the Oxford game, he absolutely delivered in the Wigan game - ONE game ago. More direct, more pace, 2 strikers, etc. Johnson played ok, not brilliant, but defensively stuck to his task. Wing lost the ball frequently, but he battled and won more than he lost. The team functioned and functioned well. Equally, he changed the plan for the second half. 

So, he’s made a mistake, reverting to a team and game plan that he thought would work. He got everything right against Wigan. Shouting for a managers head, just because a few things do not go our way, it’s a cycle that has led to our 25 years of apathy. This club needs stability and it needs patience. 

Our 25 years of apathy respectfully have little or nothing to do with a managerial merry-go-round.

In fact, they can be traced right back to the abolition of the maximum wage in the early 1960s, something which rendered our way of doing things defunct.

We were relegated from the PL because the system we operated could no longer generate the resources necessary to stay in it.

We then trod water for a decade until finally, threatened with extinction, we modernized.

It is only since the arrival of Mandy that returning to the PL has been realistic.

Our continuing apathy isn't about the managers we've hired, it's about the one we didn't hire.

The fragrant Colin wanted the job, and we slammed the door in his face.

5 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

The biggest problem for Moore is a group of entitled fans who want instant success and have no patience. 

I would say they’re entitled to expect a half decent game of football from time to time.  It’s a long time since I’ve enjoyed watching us play - surely not too much to ask for is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Easier said than done but we need to change the atmosphere around a bad result.

Sacking managers has got us nowhere. We need to give Moore time, get behind him and relax a bit. We are mid table. 4 defeats, 3 losses. The team is finding its feet. 

We have absolutely no right to turn up and just win every game because we’ve dropped down a division.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

...Is that we are a better side with Paterson in it and Bannon out of it. 

Two things i think he is reluctant to do. 

He is going to sign his own P45 at this rate. 

One of the reasons why hes not the man for the job.

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

The problem is we are changing the formation and tactics to accommodate Bannan.

Without Bannan in the team, we play more direct style, we score goals and win a game. Then instead of giving the players a chance. Back in comes Bannan, we resort to the same lethargic play and the tippy tappy across the back 4, before the ball goes forward to Bannan. We are too predicable and unfortunately Bannan is one of the big causes to this.

His free kicks and corners are woeful for an experience player, his goal to game return is not what you would expect and now we have no big target man up front, his assists seem to have dried up as well. 1 goal and 1 assist from 9 games in the 3rd division is not a great return from a player on £20k + a week. 

Yes we did play a more direct style without Bannan. To be accurate  though we only won a game because Wigan scored a goal for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Play 442, ala Carlos, with BB as an inside left midfielder.

And a hard working attacking left back in Jaden Brown behind him to actually create width. Like Daniel Pudil was in his pomp.

• Like 2