Does anyone have the video of the disallowed penalty against Oxford?

Agree with the need for consistency.

I'ts like there's two interpretations for the fouls given for pushes - one for inside the penalty area and one for outside it.

Cos it's not just us, you see it on the TV most weeks as well.

Light push on player shielding the ball outside the penalty area = foul and free kick. Cue moans and groans from fans who saw that the shielding player was deliberately drawing the foul.

Light push on attacker inside the penalty = play on.

Either let the game flow and ignore the pathetic falling down as soon as someone touches a player's back or give penalties for the same offence.

I think everyone would be in favour of the first option but hell will freeze over until that's addressed for whatever phucked up reason.

And it's that inconsistent poo that annoys all fans up and down the land.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Manwë said:

Disallowed? You mean 'not given'.

But I do agree there's a conspiracy against us, committed by the refs who are in the pocket of the EFL, and Murdoch who doesn't want us back in the EPL due to his son supporting us.

I must admit it does seem that way! We struggle to beat 11 men easily, let alone 12 every game😡🤬

The EPL is a million miles away for us right now.

If its bad then I thought they didn't show it as it will be used by SWFC to raise the issue with the EFL ........so they can then use it in their training of even more incompetent part time officials on how to completely miss a clear cut penalty when it's against Wednesday 🤣

Edited by S25OWL

Whether it was a penalty or not let's face it, would've been daylight robbery if we'd got it and gone on to win! Would've papered over some huge cracks, we were 2nd best everywhere on the pitch and got what we deserved, nowt!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I was sat in the perfect position and if that was given against us, I’d be fuming. Patterson threw him self to the floor. Yes the defender had his arm up but it would have been very soft imo. 

i was close to it too , ive seen them given but i wernt 100% convinced it was a pen . went down too easy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

From where I was it looked like paterson went down too easy... Put it this way, if it was the other way round and they got the penalty I wouldn't have been happy as looked like he played for it. 

Agree. He was looking for it, even though there was contact.

We could have had a penalty for handball against us - not sure if it was Iorfa or Dunkley. IMO ref got both right.

He wasn't great otherwise but not thd reason we lost.

Our biggest problem with refs is Bannan and Patterson CONSTANTLY berating them, EVERY game. Refs are human and mostly it winds them up to not give decisions in favour of the moaners. It can intimidate some, but not many.

• Like 1

From the north stand I thought he was pushed and could have been given but let's be honest we didn't deserve to win.

I was more bothered about nothing being done about the constant time wasting which started in the first half. The goalkeeper went down at one point with a leg injury but was fine taking a goal kick, they wasted so much time about 8 minutes should have been added on not including adding time on for the goal and subs but then we would probably have lost 3-1.

I never understand why officials do nothing about time wasting, that along with diving, has gradually ruined watching football over the years for me it's just become accepted.

17 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

From the north stand I thought he was pushed and could have been given but let's be honest we didn't deserve to win.

I was more bothered about nothing being done about the constant time wasting which started in the first half. The goalkeeper went down at one point with a leg injury but was fine taking a goal kick, they wasted so much time about 8 minutes should have been added on not including adding time on for the goal and subs but then we would probably have lost 3-1.

I never understand why officials do nothing about time wasting, that along with diving, has gradually ruined watching football over the years for me it's just become accepted.

Agree, the time wasting is driving me nuts.

I wish there were one or two maverick referees who could be given the freedom to penalise stuff like this. Say for example, there were 15 instances of time-wasting by Oxford the ref adds 15 minutes on instead of 6. They would soon stop doing it if every 30 seconds of time wasting resulted in an extra minute of play.

Also, perhaps time added on for time-wasting could be at the discretion of the team the time-wasting was committed against? I.e. the 15 minutes I mentioned above is optional, if the team that was sinned against doesn't want it (i.e. they take the lead) the game ends.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trotter said:

I don't get why the time wasting isn't punished.  I think the rule is still that a keeper can't hold on to the ball for more than 6 seconds but no referees at any level seem to enforce this.

BPF got booked for time wasting.

18 minutes ago, trotter said:

I think the rule is still that a keeper can't hold on to the ball for more than 6 seconds but no referees at any level seem to enforce this.

It used to be, now it's at the referees discretion.

But yeah, it's terrible. I look forward to the day that football is played to the clock, with it being stopped automatically when the ball is out of play. That would likely mean dropping to 30 minute halves (or less) to end up with the same amount of "game" as we currently have, but I'd take that any day to completely obliterate timewasting tactics.

• Like 1

The 'tackle' from the Oxford player would have been a sin bin in rugby, clear as day foul, but refs won't give us poo at Hillsborough because they don't want their advisors to think they've been swayed by a big crowd.

He'll have a got a bollocking for costing us 3 points from the FA this morning though, that's for sure.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

4 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Until we learn the how to do the dark arts well, we will be in this league for a while. Teams in L1 will do owt to win. Unlike us. 

10 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

We could have had a penalty for handball against us - not sure if it was Iorfa or Dunkley. IMO ref got both right.

We also had a shout for a penalty for handball, ball clearly struck the arm of one of their players, so technically two fairly big shouts for penalties.