Jump to content

Moore’s Recruitment


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

BPF - Flaky

 

Hunt - Who is the right back if Palmer gets injured and we didn't have Hunt?

 

Brown - Consistent for my money. One of the most consistent. May even be a great left back. We might find out one day.

 

Adeniran- Gives us energy in the middle and gets into the box and tries to get shots away. Something out central midfield hasn't had for ages.

 

Shopido Been in and out of the side and picked up that debut strain. Given a run I expect he'll do far more than Harris ever did

 

Sow Not seen enough.

 

Corbineau Not seen enough

 

Gregory will poach if we get the ball in the opposition box occasionally 

 

Kamberi Thought he was starting to look match fit before he was bombed

 

Gibson Who knows  really. Who's seen him play? Crystal ball needed to know he'd get crocked.

 

Johnson Not a defender. Nice cross on Saturday though.

 

Byers Decent passer of the ball. Surprised we haven't seem more seeing as that's how we're trying to play.

 

Berhinio Should have probably had a debut hat-trick. Hit the post yesterday. 

Took a pay cut to come here. A no risk signing. Given a run I can see him being a player.

Re Hunt 

His race is run I wasn’t impressed first time around 

doesn’t mean we there was not another right back available, cheaper, younger and more talented 

Time will tell but I stand by my comments on Sow Corbineau and Shopido , Kamberi looks like he has something but not sure what 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

everyone said at the start of the season these were great signings. Looking forward to seeing Gibson playing at LB so Johnson can be used further forward. I would like to see Theo playing more and i think Berhinio  could be good for us playing with Paterson as CF.  Midfield players need to be kept in their positions and not put out on the wing. As for Wing & Hunt, they have been a disappointment. Think Brown is a good signing as it Denis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Re Hunt 

His race is run I wasn’t impressed first time around 

doesn’t mean we there was not another right back available, cheaper, younger and more talented 

Time will tell but I stand by my comments on Sow Corbineau and Shopido , Kamberi looks like he has something but not sure what 

 

Oh I quite agree he wouldn't have been top of my shopping list. But I do think he'll do a job. 

Pearson wouldn't have let him go if he was pulling trees up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

BPF 

Hunt 

Brown

Wing

Adeniran

Shopido

Sow 

Corbineau 

Gregory

Kamberi

Gibson 

Johnson

Byers 

Berhinio 

 

I keep hearing that Moores recruitment has been great but I don’t buy into that 

We didn’t need Hunt or Wing 

Sow Corbineau and Shopido don’t look as effective as Kadeem Harris and that takes some doing 

We are desperate for a left footed centre back but we are 10 games in and not seen Gibson yet 

Johnson is getting pelters because he is playing left back and is a wide player 

I think the recruitment has been bang average tbh to say we are probably one of the highest payers in the division 

 

Said that Saturday, none of these wingers look better then Kadeem Harris and that like you say says it all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Under the financial circumstances he was working, and considering the size of rebuild required, he  probably did as well as he could, . We have been screaming for a clearout for a few seasons, and we finally got one, but unfortunately it had to be made up of free transfers and loans.  That seriously limits the quality of player you can bring in, overall.

 

I think we will only be able to judge things properly when the season is further along. It might yet come good, and I am trying to remain optimistic.

 

 

I'm inclined to agree, I don't think most of the players brought in would have been his 1st choice signings, I feel we should probably gone for a smaller squad but of better quality.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Oh I quite agree he wouldn't have been top of my shopping list. But I do think he'll do a job. 

Pearson wouldn't have let him go if he was pulling trees up.

Thing is and I don’t profess to be an expert but I see a team like Plymouth completely dismantle us with players I have never heard of and think what are we doing , take Oxford yesterday and all of their players look good on the ball and apparently they lost 4 players to COVID just before kick off 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pretty decent recruitment considering we were known as the club who don’t pay their players on time up until start of July.

 

I think we’ve signed too many attacking players - to the point where Moore doesn’t know his best team. A manager should know his starting 11 ahead of the first game for me. Moore doesn’t and we’re in to October.

 

We have some good quick players but we don’t utilise them. We should be playing with two wingers and two strikers in this division with the attacking talent we have. 
 

Wing is a good player but not sure we are playing to his strengths whatsoever. He looked better in a two for me before he was subbed off. 
 

I keep saying it but let’s just go 4-4-2 and stop over-complicating things. 


BPF

 

Hunt Iorfa Hutchison Brown

 

Shodipo Adenarin Bannan Johnson

 

Gregory Berahino

I’ve been saying exactly the same

This obsession with crazy formations and “ shape” drives me insane

 

A well drilled 442 the “ shape” takes care of itself and players should know there roles without looking bewildered or overloaded with information

 

incidentally , to start with, that’s exactly the team I would choose to execute it

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

I’ve been saying exactly the same

This obsession with crazy formations and “ shape” drives me insane

 

A well drilled 442 the “ shape” takes care of itself and players should know there roles without looking bewildered or overloaded with information

 

incidentally , to start with, that’s exactly the team I would choose to execute it

 

 

So both of you would drop Patterson  ? 
 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Thing is and I don’t profess to be an expert but I see a team like Plymouth completely dismantle us with players I have never heard of and think what are we doing , take Oxford yesterday and all of their players look good on the ball and apparently they lost 4 players to COVID just before kick off 

 

I agree totally. Two shocking performances.

By two organised sides. 

Lowe has been saying his squad is too small and he's having to pick the same players week in week out. 

 

Sounds like the sort of problem that might do us a favour if we had the same here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

I agree totally. Two shocking performances.

By two organised sides. 

Lowe has been saying his squad is too small and he's having to pick the same players week in week out. 

 

Sounds like the sort of problem that might do us a favour if we had the same here!

Plymouth could have had six that day 

We needed quality not shirt fillers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pretty decent recruitment considering we were known as the club who don’t pay their players on time up until start of July.

 

I think we’ve signed too many attacking players - to the point where Moore doesn’t know his best team. A manager should know his starting 11 ahead of the first game for me. Moore doesn’t and we’re in to October.

 

We have some good quick players but we don’t utilise them. We should be playing with two wingers and two strikers in this division with the attacking talent we have. 
 

Wing is a good player but not sure we are playing to his strengths whatsoever. He looked better in a two for me before he was subbed off. 
 

I keep saying it but let’s just go 4-4-2 and stop over-complicating things. 


BPF

 

Hunt Iorfa Hutchison Brown

 

Shodipo Adenarin Bannan Johnson

 

Gregory Berahino

No Patterson??

and you say Moore doesn’t know his best 11 

lol

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

I think it’s more about trying to play out from the back …… You don’t play like that in league one ….. Moore needs to realise … quick !!!!

He won't because that's his philosophy... And he's sticking to it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

The recruitment has been ok - the issue is the man who has bought them in doesn’t know how to mould a team out of them.

Exactly this ^^^^

Individually the players on paper and from previous clubs don't look too bad. 

They need leadership and confidence in the manager and his tactics. The supporters can see Moore can't get things right so I'm sure the players are feeling the same. 

It's the same thing with most managers we have. 

Square pegs and round holes syndrome. 

As a child you have a toy with different shaped pieces to put in different shaped holes. Most of us would be able to do that at an early age. I doubt that Moore ever managed it and probably wouldn't now.

Screenshot_20211004_085425.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see what he's trying to do, but he seems to want certain players over others, even when, to us, there's an obvious better replacement.

There's also injuries to the 2 players who would make this work, Hutch and Luongo.

However, I don't know what's happening Monday to Friday at Middlewood so maybe there's a reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Sow and Kamberi are clearly squad fillers 

Sow is a very good player ...

 

but once again we’ve brought in a decent player and not gave him anytime to show anything 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

Sow is a very good player ...

 

but once again we’ve brought in a decent player and not gave him anytime to show anything 

How do you come to the conclusion Sow is a very good player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recruitment was very good, this squad is absolutely good enough to get promoted and be a mid table championship club.

 

It really is the lack of cohesion between the players, as well as setting them up in way they're not suited to playing. If we can solve the central midfield problem, the rest will click. 

 

Stick Luongo and Adeniran in a midfield 2 with pace out wide and 2 up front and we'll start to smash teams.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although the squad does have some limits I honestly think the recruitment was pretty decent given the circumstances. The team isn’t world beaters but what what I’ve seen in terms of individual performances I’d expect them to be able to do a job in this league. 
For me the big issue is the tactics. Specifically the playing out from the back. Our players just can’t do it. And therefore we look dire most games. Against Wigan we did less of it and looked better. 
Of course the only way I can be proved right is if Moore stops us playing out from the back. And to be fair if he doesn’t I’m pretty sure we will keep losing and he will be fired anyway. 
Stop playing out from the back. Have two players up top. The rest is less important IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...