I get this is purely hypothetical, but still, can’t believe some people would say no to the prospect of Wilder as manager.  A bit like the furore around Warnock back in the day.  What do we have against successful managers?  Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised given some of us still want Megson back!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I get this is purely hypothetical, but still, can’t believe some people would say no to the prospect of Wilder as manager.  A bit like the furore around Warnock back in the day.  What do we have against successful managers?  Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised given some of us still want Megson back!

Wilder has openly talked about his dislike for Wednesday and how much he enjoys beating us.  When we are losing games like at home to Oxford and away to morecombe I wonder how having a pig as a manager will feel to our fans? Will we feel confident he is doing everything he can to make our club successful? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Wilder has openly talked about his dislike for Wednesday and how much he enjoys beating us.  When we are losing games like at home to Oxford and away to morecombe I wonder how having a pig as a manager will feel to our fans? Will we feel confident he is doing everything he can to make our club successful? 

Of course he would enjoy beating us, what’s wrong with that?  Wilder wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole, he’ll get a better job.  But just to suspend reality for a second, if he came to Hillsborough I’m sure he would do a professional job, get us organised and playing on the front foot.  I for one would happily take that when you look at the current alternative.  

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Of course he would enjoy beating us, what’s wrong with that?  Wilder wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole, he’ll get a better job.  But just to suspend reality for a second, if he came to Hillsborough I’m sure he would do a professional job, get us organised and playing on the front foot.  I for one would happily take that when you look at the current alternative.  

Umm there’s nothing wrong with him wanting to beat us, because he’s a pig.  And that’s the point.  I don’t get the obsession with appointing Warnock or Wilder as if they are the only two managers who are any good. As I say, I personally don’t think the atmosphere would be very good when we start having losing spells and having a pig as manager. But that’s just how I’d feel about it and appreciate others are different 

1 minute ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

He said in an interview recently that he'd never take this job.

That was probably when he thought he was next in line for the Manchester United Job.

Now even championship clubs are turning their nose up at him.