Moore In or Out?

Moore In or Out  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore be sacked?

• Yes, he should go now
    • No, he deserves more time

If another club had just won away to the league leaders, and then sacked the head coach 3 days later, we'd say they were mad. 

Moore isnt doing at all well, but we had 5 managers last season and it didn't do us much good.

Theres folk on here who think CC did rubbish so i dont know who they expect. Klopp still isnt available.   

Fact is we're skint so we signed 14 no hopers in the summer. Nobody else wanted them.  

• Like 3

There is a difference in bringing a lot of new players and needing them to gel.... and the whole team looking clueless with no urgency or taking responsibility. Bannan getting criticism on here when he's the only one who has shown any responsibility on the pitch is utterly stupid by the way..... but back to Moore, one idea which is not fully formed so doesn't work and no idea how to change things.... Also brining in several strikers who played most of last season for their clubs and scored 3!!!!! Goals was never going to help

Won't go for a while but it's another time wasting exercise till he does.... unfortunately.....

• Like 2

It’s a hard one, I feel Moore’s contacts in the game have assembled a decent, if not a bit unbalanced squad. Would never happen but we almost need him to take a back step and have someone else come in and stamp clear tactics and style of play on the team. 

I’d give him five more league games. If we don’t get a good points return or the team still doesn’t look like it’s starting to gel I’d sack him and get someone else in.  Feel we’d be a reasonably attractive prospect as the foundations for a promotion push look to be there. Sort the tactics and sign a nasty, aggressive midfielder and we’d be up there! 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You can actually see progress? We seem to be going backwards IMO.

There is progress,  it's not just 11 players,  it's a squad. You need to bed them all in, not just a couple. 

Each game we get a little closer.  It may look like we're getting worse, but we're not. 

We have conceded most of our goals due to individual errors, not the system. Clean up that,  we're pushing top. 

Scoring.  Second half yesterday we doubled the chances, had more crosses and possession just through swapping Gregory for Berahino and stretching their defence. If we had done that all game we probably would have won handily. Hopefully he'll take that into the next game and we'll score more. 

He seems to be a bit set in his ways but if something works, he will keep it in to an extent. Eventually he'll find the right mix. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Too early for this. And to think I used to get slated for wanting Monk out 🤣

Moore has a worse win % than your best mate Monk despite managing 10 of his league games in the 3rd division 

Moore doesn't have a points deduction to deal with unlike Monk 

Moore doesn't have unpaid players to deal with unlike Monk

Moore has a better squad than Monk in a dog shiit league and looks even more clueless than Monk

Imagine still blaming Garry Monk this long after the Chairman got us relegated 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

What is this obsession with this managerial merry-go-round?

We can't just keep letting a manager build a team and then sack them 10 games later.

I could get it if we looked like we were relegation fodder but we don't. What is the harm in giving him time to try and get them going? Can't see it costing us either way so may as well give him some time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Moore has a worse win % than your best mate Monk despite managing 10 of his league games in the 3rd division 

Moore doesn't have a points deduction to deal with unlike Monk 

Moore doesn't have unpaid players to deal with unlike Monk

Moore has a better squad than Monk in a dog shiit league and looks even more clueless than Monk

Imagine still blaming Garry Monk this long after the Chairman got us relegated 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

You think I’m still blaming Monk? Nothing will change my mind that Monk was not a very good manager for us. Moore’s struggling, I’ll admit that but would I change Moore for Monk, not a f**king chance. I’ll leave it to you and the rest of Moore’s many fans to hound him out and then the fun starts all over again with another manager struggling to win over this fan base 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moore is starting to irritate me.

Suggesting we were tired and Oxford were helped by having 4 players ruled out due to covid just before the game is so beyond comprehension I could justify sacking him for gross stupidity. If it helped them just drop 4 af our players and bring 4 fresh ones in you numpty.

We've got a big squad, if they aren't fresh then bring others in, that's why you've got a big squad.

Throw ins, just get them sorted. It's down to you, get players showing for the ball. I was taught that at school.

Bannan shouldn't take all corners, free kicks and penalties. Your job to sort out who does.

It worked at Wigan pretty well stick to the same tactic, it worked.

Stop playing out from the back, it doesn't.

Either go 2 up front or teach players how to support the lone striker,. It's not working.

I could go on.

Having said that I wouldn't get rid yet but he needs to get his act together soon, find a system that works and stick to it. I thought we had turned the corner at Wigan but it wasn't to be

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Andy W said:

Sacking the manager is the first cry but

a) who else

b) players will still be poor

Despite other comments imo we have a poor set of players who can't do basic stuff expected of a professional footballers, hence our position.

We are not a team, we are a group of poor individuals

Again hence our posirion..

I don't personsally believe any replacement manager could do better with what we have..you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

There are a ton of better teams than us in this league

Thing us I don't think we have players who are poorer than the teams we have played. It's the style of play and this negative slow play. This is the managers decision to adopt the style and tactics. 

Just now, Jim said:

You think I’m still blaming Monk? Nothing will change my mind that Monk was not a very good manager for us. Moore’s struggling, I’ll admit that but would I change Moore for Monk, not a f**king chance. I’ll leave it to you and the rest of Moore’s many fans to hound him out and then the fun starts all over again with another manager struggling to win over this fan base 🤪

Jim, I haven't looked through your posts to see, but every post of yours I do see, you seem to mention Monk in some way, you're obsessed mate, you need to let it go for your own sanity. 

I'm not for hounding Moore out at all, I don't think he's doing a good job, if he gets sacked I won't lose any sleep, but my annoyances have always been at DC anyway, I don't believe this club properly moves forward until he goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he would benefit greatly from a savvy and experienced Number 2 to advise him on opposition strengths and weaknesses, team shape and set up for specific matches and tactical changes during a game.....someone like Alan Knill

Guest Andy W
25 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Thing us I don't think we have players who are poorer than the teams we have played. It's the style of play and this negative slow play. This is the managers decision to adopt the style and tactics. 

Not necessarily poorer than other teams, just generally poor...it is L1 after all.