Moore In or Out?

Moore In or Out  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore be sacked?

• Yes, he should go now
    • No, he deserves more time

It seems that he is nice guy that all the players want to sign as he can sell a vision of the club - so why not move him upstairs as Director of Football and get in a coach with some tactical nous who can get a tune out of the players he has assembled

This should provide a degree of continuity which would hopefully avoid another car crash of a season

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Animis said:

We (DA) sacked Turner after 9 games stating:

He was dismissed following the Owls' 1-0 home defeat by Bournemouth on Saturday, which left them with 12 points from their first nine games.

Wednesday chairman Dave Allen said: "It's unfortunate, but I'm afraid we're parting company with Chris Turner.

"He knew that we had to do well over this game and the next game at Wrexham. The pressure was on but neither the team nor Chris delivered."

Allen added: "I'd said we had to get nine points out of those three games to get us on two points per game, which would get us out of this division.

"We have to go forward and to do that we have to part company.

"That's the position as of now, we shall hopefully be making a new appointment next week.

And then we appointed a manager whose Plymouth team gave us a lesson in football the previous season! Let’s hope history repeats itself.

Guest Jack the Hat
58 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

You can’t sack managers after 19 games in charge. We are not Watford. We need some stability. 

Having said that, if we are not on 25 points by the end of October, then I think sacking Moore has to be considered. It is vital we challenge to go up this year. 

5 games, 10 points minimum. If not, then make a change...

You mean premier league Watford?

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Very early days , team still bedding in and we are getting used to a different way of playing.

100 percent behind keeping the manager. 

^^^ Not often we agree but on this 100 percent. 
Madness talking about getting rid after 10 games. 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

14 managers in 21 seasons is exactly why we’re in the position we’re in now & moronic threads like this epitomises the mentality of the internet fan!

If we hadn't made a managerial change early in the 2004-05 season do you think we would have got promoted that season? 

I'm all for giving the manager time if there are signs of progress and even though he didn't get results last season I thought there were signs of promise that he could be a success.

This season started well but results and performances have got worse. We seem to be regressing, not progressing, there are not many signs that he is developing a system and formation and a preferred 11 from the squad, outlined by where he started Bannan yesterday. 

Surely the best way to get this new squad to bed in successfully is to settle on a formation and pick players in their natural positions. It is not happening and it is a big concern. 

Excuses like tiredness when our opponents played in midweek as well are pretty poor too. 

We have no team cohesion.

Constantly chopping and changing, although some players maybe carrying injures.

The usual basis of play well and stay in the team appears lost on Moore.

It's all a bit Irvine-esque where we set out to stop the opposition first.

However to be honest Oxford were far better than us. Maybe, just maybe our players are not as good as we think and are definitely noy as good as they think. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I say give him this season at least ,New players etc ,But we need a change in tactics ,He needs a ball winning midfielder 100%.

Surey one of the main points of changing manager is to replace them with someone who (we feel) uses better tactics? 

A manager rarely suddenly changes his approach or how he sees the game.  For example Moore’s use of substitutions is sometimes questioned, he’s not about to start asking the crowd what he should do . He’s either got the right understanding or hasn’t. So giving him a whole season in the hope he changes is a strange one to me 

I said it at the time when we brought in a couple of strikers and we all though, 'their decent for this league' then another comes in, then another, then another, then another. He's made a potential time bomb for himself trying to keep everyone happy. He's trying to do this by 'rotating based on the opposition', you trying telling a pro footballer who has a decent game one week then gets dropped the next because 'Oh we think this other guy is better for this opposition i'm benching you'.

This is all ok when your winning, as soon as that stops players start questioning things. He's starting to loose the fans and in the next few weeks if results don't turn he'll loose the dressing room as well.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Surey one of the main points of changing manager is to replace them with someone who (we feel) uses better tactics? 

A manager rarely suddenly changes his approach or how he sees the game.  For example Moore’s use of substitutions is sometimes questioned, he’s not about to start asking the crowd what he should do . He’s either got the right understanding or hasn’t. So giving him a whole season in the hope he changes is a strange one to me 

Agree but the decision will be made by results by the owner .

This is the sort of poo other clubs laugh at us for.

We’ve just had one of the biggest rebuilding phases in a generation. Moore was the catalyst in that. The number of new faces alone brings a level of uncertainty. Win our game in hand and, we’re a point of the play offs. If anyone seriously expected anymore than a play off push, then they’re incredibly naive.

Does Moore have questions to answer? Absolutely. For me he has until January. It’s laughable to suggest he should go now. We’ve played 11 games ffs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

This is the sort of poo other clubs laugh at us for.

We’ve just had one of the biggest rebuilding phases in a generation. Moore was the catalyst in that. The number of new faces alone brings a level of uncertainty. Win our game in hand and, we’re a point of the play offs. If anyone seriously expected anymore than a play off push, then they’re incredibly naive.

Does Moore have questions to answer? Absolutely. For me he has until January. It’s laughable to suggest he should go now. We’ve played 11 games ffs.

Sometimes it’s just bleeding obvious though isn’t it?

If we had any sort of positives to build on, I’d say definitely give him the season 

but under his tactics and set up, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest we’ll suddenly start clicking 

• Like 2

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Be honest if we are winning with any style are we bothered ? But are we playing good entertaining  football and losing ? .I am bored of the style we play at the moment ,I am a traditional 4-4-2  man  Moores  formations do nothing for me .

Do we really have any formations, players don't know where they are, playing from back then not, swapping and changing positions, goes on and on, not good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think it’s time for him to go yet, but he needs to start showing signs of improvement pretty bloody quickly: 

- Figure out our best XI and be consistent with his selection

- Play players in the right positions

- No more playing out from the keeper for the sake of it, accept we don’t have the players for it and play the game in the opposites’ half instead of inviting pressure in our own

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Sometimes it’s just bleeding obvious though isn’t it?

If we had any sort of positives to build on, I’d say definitely give him the season 

but under his tactics and set up, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest we’ll suddenly start clicking 

Yep we've all been waiting patiently but it seems further away than ever. 

41 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

It seems that he is nice guy that all the players want to sign as he can sell a vision of the club - so why not move him upstairs as Director of Football and get in a coach with some tactical nous who can get a tune out of the players he has assembled

This should provide a degree of continuity which would hopefully avoid another car crash of a season

I can understand your optimism but as fans we do ask for the players who wear the shirt to put in a performance that justifies calling them football players.

Right now too many of our players are pedestrian and can’t even pass the ball to one of their team mates. 
How many are looking to move forward, find the gaps or in the case of strikers get free from their markers. 
How many understand that to win matches we need to score goals and to do that we need to shoot. For great periods of our games we don’t look to shoot which really frustrates the fans and we then go quiet.

This has got to be down to the coaching which simply is not working with this group of players. 
I hear this week that Moore is considering adding yet another face to his back room staff.

With Moore as manager has SWFC become a haven for out of work football coaches. At the current rate there will soon be more back room staff than players

We the paying fans are certainly not seeing any improvements as in reality the standard of our football right now is as low as I’ve seen it in over 60 years and that’s a fact.

We certainly can’t let this dross continue until Christmas.

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

I don’t think it’s time for him to go yet, but he needs to start showing signs of improvement pretty bloody quickly: 

- Figure out our best XI and be consistent with his selection

- Play players in the right positions

- No more playing out from the keeper for the sake of it, accept we don’t have the players for it and play the game in the opposites’ half instead of inviting pressure in our own

It would suggest from his interviews he won’t be doing any of the suggested things above (all of which I agree with).

He’s mentioned the horses for courses phrase and also spoke of using the squad. So I reckon the changes every game will continue. He’s also played out from the back consistently at WBA & Doncaster so I don’t see that changing either. 

• Like 2