Moore In or Out?

Moore In or Out  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore be sacked?

• Yes, he should go now
    • No, he deserves more time

You can’t sack managers after 19 games in charge. We are not Watford. We need some stability. 

Having said that, if we are not on 25 points by the end of October, then I think sacking Moore has to be considered. It is vital we challenge to go up this year. 

5 games, 10 points minimum. If not, then make a change...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I'm curious what do people see in moore as a manager 

tactical nous?

ability to change a game ?

Plays players in correct positions?

Understands the concept of staying with a winning team and building confidence from there ?

Can see what 95% of us can see that tippy tappy from the back isn't working, has never worked and will never work with these players ?

gives inspiring interviews and never uses the same cribbed cliches that make you want to smash the tv?

Oh and if it's he's a nice guy we could  re-hire brian laws

Nah but give him time innit just ‘IN CASE’ he turns it around, like there’s plenty of evidence suggesting that’ll happen 

• Like 1

I want to say give him more time and originally felt end of October would be a reasonable period to make a fair interim assessment. However, given the continued tactical ineptitude and also, his hesitant sometimes confused delivery in front of the cameras, I really do question whether he is actually cut out for management. How does this man inspire confidence from his players and get them really battling, when nearly every club we play in this division will be giving it their absolute max when they play us? 

It seems clear that DM is a bloody nice bloke and I imagine the players really like him. Does that make him a good football manager - no. So on balance, whilst I think we should see what happens in the Bolton match, I don’t see Moore as the man to take this club forward, so reluctantly I think DC should tell him he’s fired. Sorry Darren. 

• Like 1

I don’t think we should be sacking the bloke yet. I honestly think he’s done a good job with the squad. Not a perfect job by any means but a good job given the resources available and the reputation of the club at the time he was getting players in. A defensive midfielder instead of two or three of the wingers would have been a good idea though. 

For me the thing wrong is so obviously our inability to play out from the back. We just can’t do it. Our players can’t find their own teammates when being pressed. So I’m going to assume Moore will kick that into touch and we’ll see a more urgent and energetic style of direct football in the coming games. Harass teams, hit balls to the channels, run around a lot more, give the ball quickly etc. Like the Wigan game but perhaps even more direct.  If he persists with playing from the back we will continue to fail and he’ll be gone by the 20 game mark. 

32 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Look at Coventry, top of the Division, but it didn't happen over night.

How long has their manager been there and how many windows has he had to get the squad he has now?.

Same at Rovrum, and Oxford.

Moore has been here for just over 6 month's, he had to get rid of the over paid, unfit failing players and replace them with 15 new players + the players remaining at the club.

It takes time for that to come together, yes we are still missing players in key positions, C/F and L/B, they will be added in the future, maybe January, his 2nd window.

IF it was left to some on here, then Sir Jack and Big Ron would have been sacked after 6 month's.

Problem for me is listening to his pre-post match interviews hardly inspires confidence. Compared to Paul Warne’s they’re like chalk and cheese. Warne is analytical, critical and generally interesting, Moore repetitive and full of tired cliches. I know which manager would inspire me more, if I was a player. Maybe basic intelligence and levels of coherence also come into it, not just length of tenure.

Sheffield Wednesday will not be promoted this season, maybe not any other season, if Mr Moore remains at the helm of HMS Sinking To The Bottom. I’m sure there is someone out there who could get a decent melody out of our squad, and maybe even talk reyt an’all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daavies; said:

I don't want to be that club that hires and fires every 6 months. What we need right now, and what we've needed for years, is a period of stability. I'm not naieve enough to think that if results don't improve he won't get sacked but if Darren Moore can decide on his best 11, that would be a good start.

There lies one of the biggest problems.

We beat the league leaders on their turf, albeit not a great showing and then changes the team and tactics for the following game.

OK Hutch was injured but the team set up yesterday was very poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

6 points above the relegation zone, so doing better than most predicted on here before the season started. 

i didn't come on here saying we would go straight down to div 2 but that's what I feared,  because i thought we be hampered with efl restrictions and having to play with a cobbled up team of youth and super cheap freebies 

far from it we've had a fantastic (on paper) influx of players  

given the fight shown by the kids yesterday I reckon they'd make a better fist of it 

• Like 1

4 pts off play offs with game in hand, far too early yet, need at least 2-3 months to make a reasonable judgement imo.

Personally think we will improve alot when windass/luongo and possibly gibson back and he stops playing back up at best players like johnson, wing, dunkley, gregory and shodipo

Out for me. We never look inspiring, scrape through matches and this season we seem to have augmented our unbelievable ponderous play with an inability to pass and keep the ball for more than ten seconds. 

I 100% agree that what this club needs is stability, and normally I keep my head down over matters of in or out when it comes to managers, but I’ve sat through two and half decades of this shît hoping and praying for a miracle that never comes. So balls to it, it’s me time motherfückers :laugh:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Didn't keep us up, at one stage it was in our hands, we are hovering in the middle closer to the bottom for my liking, he needs to go, and you all know who I'd like, so won't mention him again, 

Gary Neville?

The longer he stays the harder it will be for any new manager to turn things round.

Someone referenced Watford earlier in the thread and how we’re not them.

Thats correct, we’ve not spent any time in the top flight for over 20 years, and neither have we improved any facilities nor managed to get to a cup final. 

Unfortunately the one manager we’ve had in that time who had the best chance of ‘getting it right’ had his head turned by Newcastle. 

• Like 3