Moore In or Out?

Moore In or Out  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore be sacked?

• Yes, he should go now
    • No, he deserves more time

I'm a big Moore fan, voted in, but my faith is wavering.

Think what he's done off the pitch has been great, but on it poor. That maybe part of the problem, we've possibly too many players.

Surely by now we should know our best  first 11, what formation we are playing and where to play players in it. There seems a desperation to our team selection at times, being too reactive to the opposition. I'd much rather we concentrate on us, have a style of play and identity to force the opposition to change. That's my biggest disappointment. 

The next 5 games are important, without a marked improvement, questions can legitimately be asked. We've not put in a good 90minute performance all season, we've had good 30 minute spells in games, but that's all 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We have all the new players and are searching for that elusive gel, usually you'll see an improvement each week when they start to gel, I thought I witnessed it at the start of the season winning games not playing that great. But we're going backwards we're worse now that the start of the season, gotta go for me 

• Like 1

I’m swaying to the side of wanting a change. I just don’t trust Chansiri to be quick and decisive in getting a suitable replacement. 

10 games in sat in 12th with no real idea of our best team or best system. A lot of recruitment without any thought for how these players fit into the team.

We leave the 2 centre backs isolated on the halfway line when we attack so if you can hit it in behind or have a half decent target man you’ll get joy all day.

I genuinely think it needs simplifying, our best chance of the 1st half came from route 1 football! 

• Like 4

DC must only get rid if he has a definite plan and replacement lined up, which he won’t.

Not sure what I’d do. We have tried so many managers since Carlos that haven’t worked.
I would like a manager who has a go, but there are so few of those about. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm a big Moore fan, voted in, but my faith is wavering.

Think what he's done off the pitch has been great, but on it poor. That maybe part of the problem, we've possibly too many players.

Surely by now we should know our best  first 11, what formation we are playing and where to play players in it. There seems a desperation to our team selection at times, being too reactive to the opposition. I'd much rather we concentrate on us, have a style of play and identity to force the opposition to change. That's my biggest disappointment. 

The next 5 games are important, without a marked improvement, questions can legitimately be asked. We've not put in a good 90minute performance all season, we've had good 30 minute spells in games, but that's all 

Very fair and reasoned post. Better than the pitch fork waving mob mentality displayed by some others 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look at Coventry, top of the Division, but it didn't happen over night.

How long has their manager been there and how many windows has he had to get the squad he has now?.

Same at Rovrum, and Oxford.

Moore has been here for just over 6 month's, he had to get rid of the over paid, unfit failing players and replace them with 15 new players + the players remaining at the club.

It takes time for that to come together, yes we are still missing players in key positions, C/F and L/B, they will be added in the future, maybe January, his 2nd window.

IF it was left to some on here, then Sir Jack and Big Ron would have been sacked after 6 month's.

• Like 2

Keep him for a season, win or lose.

We don't look like auto promotion prospects, it's going to take time.

I do think he's learning, but he seems to have favourites, if you're having competition for places, it needs to be a competition for all places, no auto selections.

Watching, he seems to plug the issues from the games before, but this is creating new ones. If he can be more ruthless in selection, we'll be fine.

We're playing the bog standard Southgate setup that seems to be the new formation of choice, if we can crack it, we're good.

If we're not near promotion by January, send all the loanees back, get some more of the young players in and drill the hell out of them for a push next season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brought in 14 or 15 players so should get more then 10 games to get the players to gel.

But a few more performances like yesterday and many supporters will lose faith in him.

Plus I cant see who will take over and do any better.

Would be third full time  manager sacked in 12 months which would suggest problems at Wednesday go quite deep.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Brought in 14 or 15 players so should get more then 10 games to get the players to gel.

But a few more performances like yesterday and many supporters will lose faith in him.

Plus I cant see who will take over and do any better.

Would be third full time  manager sacked in 12 months which would suggest problems at Wednesday go quite deep.

Hiya 

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

8 weeks and 40 coaching sessions into the season and it’s too early? 

Looking at yesterday's 1st half performance or the majority of most games I wonder if there has been any coaching sessions. 

• Like 3

I'm curious what do people see in moore as a manager 

tactical nous?

ability to change a game ?

Plays players in correct positions?

Understands the concept of staying with a winning team and building confidence from there ?

Can see what 95% of us can see that tippy tappy from the back isn't working, has never worked and will never work with these players ?

gives inspiring interviews and never uses the same cribbed cliches that make you want to smash the tv?

Oh and if it's he's a nice guy we could  re-hire brian laws

• Like 3