Moore In or Out?

Moore In or Out  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore be sacked?

• Yes, he should go now
    • No, he deserves more time

I think Chansiri will be even less impatient than usual.

He always use to put pressure on winning promotion in the Championship when we had a squad nowhere near capable of promotion. 

I can’t for one second fathom that he is going to show patience in L1 sat in 12th with 1 win in 6. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It seems to me that the end of October is the absolute limit or we will be in League One for definite next season

The problem for me is that I can't see any permanent style of play or tactics...it's always looks like any decisions are off the cuff as if he thinks we have a team who solves problems on the pitch...we don't. 

It's got Alan Irvine vibes tbh.

Nice bloke, brought in lots of new players in the summer and then had zero idea how to get them performing.

Changes the team every week, no real style of play to speak of outside of we want to play it out from the back. We score very few and make costly errors at the back. 

Would love to be proved wrong but I just don't see this getting any better. I don't think they'll be a eureka moment where it all suddenly clicks.

Seen this film far too many times before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agreed,  the thing with Moore is he hasn’t actually got a solid background for us to put faith into.  He was sacked by West Brom as they felt he should be doing better with his resources. And at Doncaster they hadn’t won in 5 games before he joined us and their fans were happy to see him leave because of his management style.  

Clearly he’s a likeable guy and could well be a good coach. But the jury is certainly out on him being a good manager.  The question is have we backed the wrong horse and if so, how long do you give him to improve. Managerial decisions are always a punt. What if the manager you sack was about to turn things around in the next game? How many games do you leave it asking yourself that question before you actually sack him? 

I remember the Saints sacked Pardew in this league at the end of August - uproar from the masses! Then Adkins came in and got them back to back promotions.  Then the Saints sacked Adkins in the PL after a few games and drawing against Chelsea - uproar from the masses! Then they hired Potchettino.

So if we can hire a better manager than Moore I would do it tomorrow.  But i think Chansiri will leave it a few more months yet.

Graveyard month for managers is November, looking at our next 10 fixtures he will be gone if we don't improve and start challenging in top 6 after those games.

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Far too early he's been here six months. Inherited a pathetic squad with no fight and has had to start from scratch this summer. Give him this season and if things don't improve this time next year then make a change. 

I get that, and I understand your thinking.

But for me the problem isn't that we've got so many new players, and therefore lack cohesion.

Maybe I'm missing something?

For me it's that:

(a) we're attempting to play a brand of football unsuited to this level and the standard of players we possess

(b) Moore tactically isn't up to scratch, and seems confused both on the pitch and off it, judging by his interviews

Even if this group of players had been together for a while, and thus had a mutual understanding, I don't see how that would make any difference

If you believe in a style of play which is beyond your players and you're habitually confused and tactically outwitted by your opponents, then I don't see how persistence will ultimately pay off

I voted In...just.

Hoping the penny drops very quickly, but fear he is too stubborn and will persist with playing it out from the back - which will be his undoing.

We need to see some progress, that he is learning.  His post match interviews are concerning, its like he's watching a different game to the vast majority of fans.  Tired of hearing the 'put a week of training in, take the positives etc...'  Then the following Saturday we look like 11 strangers with no clue what we are doing attacking wise.