Mr Sam Hutchinson

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I have it on good authority that he was hoping to play yesterday but made the call that his injury was not recovered enough.

Same authority says Luongo back earlier than hoped, and that BPF has an injured thumb that he had a scan on before yesterday’s match, probably should not have played.

Heard BPF got his injury whilst washing the dishes and as a consequence managed to spill fairy liquid all over his gloves.

• Haha 1

I'm not ITK about anything.

My own eyes tell me we shouldn't play Sam in midfield, he isn't capable of doing it any more. He's fine in defence and id generally solid but in midfield he just can't take it physically. He tries but he's going to get injured too often.

I accept that on odd occasions it might be necessary but not often. We've got other younger legs to do that job. Give them a shot.

• Like 5

Paterson source will always have a negative Hutchinson slant

Reality is Hutchinson felt he couldn’t play in midfield yesterday but could play in defence. 

Personally don’t see a major issue with players being honest in where they’re at…the decision to pick them or not still lies with the manager 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Paterson source will always have a negative Hutchinson slant

Reality is Hutchinson felt he couldn’t play in midfield yesterday but could play in defence. 

Personally don’t see a major issue with players being honest in where they’re at…the decision to pick them or not still lies with the manager 

Does Paterson not like hutch?

So basically Moore has asked Hutchinson if he is fit. He has replied something like ‘I’m not feeling fully fit but I could probably get through by game at centre half of you need me to do a jib there’

Moore has decided to not risk him.

What’s the issue?

• Like 1

If we're playing from the back Hutchinson must start there. 

If he said he could do centre half I'd have been inclined to play him. 

But this is where a manger can't win. 

Because if he'd played him and he'd aggravated his knee then people would be saying he shouldn't have played him.

• Like 1

Hutchinson in midfield is another one of Darren Moore’s mysteries. Especially considering how solid a back four of Hunt, Iorfa, Hutchinson & Palmer looked at the start of the season. Don’t know if anyone else remembers that, but we were keeping loads of clean sheets…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reggae said:

Yet again. Big time Charlie. Too good to play midfield for us today. 

Think it's probably 4th time now  he's tried to think he's bigger than wednesday. 

Doesn't play out so well when no superstar goalkeeper to back you does it pal. 

Want more money than patto mate ? Earn it then. 

And don't cry when get told to stop barking and bite. 

#wawaw

..jpg.a9e1e3e0b58d79a68c040277a9fe0447.jpg

WTF are you on pal...........

Interesting how folk are immediately having a go at the OP,  but our "Sammy" as some so affectionately like to call him (how cute) does have form when it comes to falling out with, or p i s s ing off our managers.

Edited by Sheff74

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

Interesting how folk are immediately having a go at the OP,  but our "Sammy" as some so affectionately like to call him (how cute) does have form when it comes to falling out with, or p i s s ing off our managers.

I think you’re the only one calling him ‘our Sammy’

Guest DoesJackHunt
56 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm not ITK about anything.

My own eyes tell me we shouldn't play Sam in midfield, he isn't capable of doing it any more. He's fine in defence and id generally solid but in midfield he just can't take it physically. He tries but he's going to get injured too often.

I accept that on odd occasions it might be necessary but not often. We've got other younger legs to do that job. Give them a shot.

Something I think we need to do in Jan is sign a solid young central DM with a good fitness record to sit in front of the back four. Hutch can’t do it week in, week out anymore and Luongo is always injured. I thought Adeniran was going to be that player but he’s much more attacking which leaves us light in that area. We need a Pelupessy type, who’s fit all the time but is better than a Pelupessy type. 

3 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Something I think we need to do in Jan is sign a solid young central DM with a good fitness record to sit in front of the back four. Hutch can’t do it week in, week out anymore and Luongo is always injured. I thought Adeniran was going to be that player but he’s much more attacking which leaves us light in that area. We need a Pelupessy type, who’s fit all the time but is better than a Pelupessy type. 

Whenever I’ve seen Dele-Bashiru breaking up play seems to be a strength. He’s always fit, great on the ball, quick and got years ahead of him. Thought he’d be the natural successor to that sitting role.