It's time for Ian Holloway.

22 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Holloway could be a breath of fresh air compared to Moore, Monk, Jos and Pulis.

Play attacking football, does not read from a script. I dunno, he has not done much for a while but he has promotions on his CV and his enthusiasm could engage everyone and he knows his stuff.

Great guy and knows his stuff when on TV....but not a manager I would want ...his time has gone.

• Like 3

On 03/10/2021 at 01:10, MSN SYSOP said:

Would you leave a club whats stable and good candidates for promotion 

To join a basket case of a club whats going nowhere 

Thought not

Ryan Lowe has got his head screwed on. I was surprised and impressed when he asked to leave us as a player straight after the promotion. He knew he wasn't going to play and went elsewhere, presumably on less money, to play as much as he could. Didn't realise he played til he was 40!

I am surprised the bloke is only 58 as he seems to have been around forever. He’s one of those managers I’ve seen a lot on the telly but don’t feel I actually know that much about. He seems to have made a bit of a balls of it at Grimsby and there doesn’t seem to be much in the last seven years or so of his managerial career that screams out that he will be a successful manager here. 
That said, if Moore doesn’t turn things around in the next 10 games he will be getting sacked so I’d be delighted at that point if we could attract anyone with Holloway’s experience, even just to steady the ship. 

On 03/10/2021 at 20:05, sherlyegg said:

Think there will be quite a few clubs looking for someone like that.

And if they have a good record they probably will be happy where they are...or looking at clubs higher up the leagues...there's quite a few of em.

No idea how many have turned us down these past few years. Must be a few.

Until a manager is available with a good proven track record we are definitely better off sticking with what we have got.