I'm a bit sad

Thanks for sharing that. How very sad indeed to find out by seeing her on the scoreboard. I very much send my condolences to you. 

Its hard to understand how thirty years have passed since those times, how twenties have turned to fifties, how we miss those who lived every moment of it with us who we miss so much. 
How is it that those ecstatic moments we shared where we nearly had it all could fade as they have? 
And here we are with the rain siling down in the autumn in the future, in Division 3, losing in the 93rd minute at home to Oxford.

There have to be more good times and memories to come? I always hoped I’d have a son one day to take to the match and now I do. It’s that which keeps me believing, however distant those happy times may seem.

Thanks again for posting on a poignant day.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, goldensmoke said:

Thanks for sharing that. How very sad indeed to find out by seeing her on the scoreboard. I very much send my condolences to you. 

Its hard to understand how thirty years have passed since those times, how twenties have turned to fifties, how we miss those who lived every moment of it with us who we miss so much. 
How is it that those ecstatic moments we shared where we nearly had it all could fade as they have? 
And here we are with the rain siling down in the autumn in the future, in Division 3, losing in the 93rd minute at home to Oxford.

There have to be more good times and memories to come? I always hoped I’d have a son one day to take to the match and now I do. It’s that which keeps me believing, however distant those happy times may seem.

Thanks again for posting on a poignant day.

Than you so much and you are so right. I was upset yesterday because of finding out about her death obviously but it also brought back memories, like you say, of those special moments we shared at Wembley, which I fear will never be repeated. 

I often wonder about a guy who I used to stand near in the days of uncovered standing up on the kop. I was 14 when I started to go to games home and away with out my dad. Me and my school friends were all wanting our independence and the only place we could go which was away from each of our families was on the higher level of kop to the left hand side from pitch looking to kop. Until seating we never moved from this place. We stayed there because a Jamaican guy in his 50s was always there and he was the happiest funniest guy ever. Never knew his name. We called him Mr offside man. Reason being that every offside he would shout in his laughing Jamaican accent offside offside. 

When seating was introduced I never saw him again. If anyone else remembers him or knows him I would love to hear from you.