Iorfa / Dunkley

It was very obvious that we missed Hutchinson at the back today. Dom. needs his reliability at the side of him, cos he seems to lose all his confidence when covering for Dunkerley all the time.. As posted on other posts, Johmson at left wing back does not work, simply cos he can not defend.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Billque said:

It was very obvious that we missed Hutchinson at the back today. Dom. needs his reliability at the side of him, cos he seems to lose all his confidence when covering for Dunkerley all the time.. As posted on other posts, Johmson at left wing back does not work, simply cos he can not defend.

I think iorfa has been as poor, if not more poor, than dunkley lately 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

I hate this playing out from the back by any team. Even top sides constantly fk it up and end up frantically launching it most of the time. 

It’s about beating the press and forcing a 4v4, 5v5 situation further up the pitch, essentially a game of chess, the best sides will work angles and play out to try and force these situations. We don’t, we do it for the sake of doing it, and it gets us into a lot of trouble 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billque said:

Bruce signed Dom as a right back I believe.

Football made complicated in an uncomplicated league 

let defenders defend 

let attackers attack 

keep the ball away from your goal 

in otherworlds get rid of it 

playing out from the back will end up Moore collecting his P45 he needs to stop it and fast 

• Like 4

Dunkley was a disaster yesterday. Poor ball control, poor positional sense and gave the ball away too many times.  Iorfa was slightly better but not up to his usual level.

In fact I thought it was noticeable how Oxford controlled the ball much better, got it on the floor and passed it much, much better than Wednesday.

• Like 2

We're playing scared, Iorfa and Dunkley aren't playing badly, they have no support.

They won loads of duels, then immediately had to do it again as the rest of the team wasn't winning the second ball. There was a 15 yard gap between them and the midfield yesterday, they were clearing for it just to come straight back.

This is the difference between Tuesday and yesterday. Hutch, Brown, Pato and to some extent Wing were filling that gap and getting the second ball. Yesterday this didn't happen. 

Iorfa was as poor as Dunkley yesterday. But we leave them too isolated when we attack, we are so open they constantly find themselves in 1 - 1 situations. 

The overplaying isn’t really their fault, but I don’t think that will change as we heard from Doncaster & WBA fans that’s what Moore will persist with.