List of realistic replacements for Moore

Just look at the men who the fan's were absolutely sure they would take us up and look how they are doing now.

Houghton: Kept forest up by the skin of there teeh, sacked after a handful of games this season when they were Bottom.

Cook: He has taken over at Ipswich and actually spent money and is in the same position as Moore, I am certain the Ipswich fans are calling for him to be sacked.

Is this a measure of society today?.

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

The whole ethos and the club is wrong from top to bottom, we seem to take 1 step forward then 1 back, for ever treading water hoping for a miracle to sort all the issues.  

Aitor Karanka, Chris Wilder, Eddie Howe, Neil Lennon, Mark Hughes, Alex Neil, Chris Hughton, Ian Holloway, Neil Harris - many different managers all currently free agents. 

How many of those managers would be interested in coming here?

Holloway maybe.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Until he plays players in their right position he on a hiding to nothing? If they not comfortable they won’t relax and play to their best ability? He also chops and changes every week which doesn’t help the dropping of brown after Wigan well that one takes some doing? Hope things turn around cus he seems a naturally nice guy but that don’t win football games . Think he also more worried about opposition than saying to our lads go win it, and with the squad we have we should scare the poo out of most teams we play

Monk 2

3 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Until he plays players in their right position he on a hiding to nothing? If they not comfortable they won’t relax and play to their best ability? He also chops and changes every week which doesn’t help the dropping of brown after Wigan well that one takes some doing? Hope things turn around cus he seems a naturally nice guy but that don’t win football games . Think he also more worried about opposition than saying to our lads go win it, and with the squad we have we should scare the poo out of most teams we play

Dropping brown and putting Bannan back in the squad after winning top of the league 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

If we replace him during the season, we'll end up with either someone who's been sacked recently or a failed pundit. Who'll then blame everything on having someone else's players and we'll finish lower mid table.

May as well give him the season, we aren't going down so may as well let be and change at the end of the season if necessary. 

I'm not so sure. I think if we continue how we are, we could fall down the table and find ourselves in trouble again. I'm pretty sure this squad is as lightweight and spineless as our last group. 

30 minutes ago, English Man said:

I'm not so sure. I think if we continue how we are, we could fall down the table and find ourselves in trouble again. I'm pretty sure this squad is as lightweight and spineless as our last group. 

I don't think they are, there's ability and energy. I think it's more that they are being asked to play in ways that expose our weaknesses. Dunley can't play out from the back, Iorfa can't either when paired with Dunley. If Hutch is at the back maybe we can, without him don't even try it.

If you insist then the midfield needs to be more mobile to open up easy passes tor the CB's. At present their options are the keeper or the FB's and the FB's are covered. That's one of the reasons they are cack.

We don't do lone striker well either train the players to get closer to him quicker or give him a partner to open up space.

13 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

At what point will you start? 

If we get near the relegation places, after the midway point in the season. This season should be about consolidation and preparing for a promotion push next season with a settled squad and tactics. If we get a play off place, its a bonus. I am not expecting to bounce straight back. It doesn't happen often. Ask Sunderland/ Ipswich or us the last time we came down.

3 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

If we get near the relegation places, after the midway point in the season. This season should be about consolidation and preparing for a promotion push next season with a settled squad and tactics. If we get a play off place, its a bonus. I am not expecting to bounce straight back. It doesn't happen often. Ask Sunderland/ Ipswich or us the last time we came down.

The only issue with that plan is that 6 players are here on loan and will return to their parent clubs next summer and players like Windass, Iorfa, Bannan are unlikely to want a second season in league 1.  So we are likely to need to replace another 10 players or so again next summer, and then say they need time to gel.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1