List of realistic replacements for Moore

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You want a comparison of Moore from our past Chris Turner, both talk a good game and both about to get good players into the club but neither were able to find a way to get the team playing well together or move the club forward. It is not surprising Turner is now in the boardroom instead of managing from the sidelines.

Yeah interesting. I would have thought someone like Turner would have made a good club director for us, managing the scouts and recruitment team and appoint a head coach or a manager that can work with the players at the club, not requesting a total rebuild like Pulis or Monk. 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You want a comparison of Moore from our past Chris Turner, both talk a good game and both about to get good players into the club but neither were able to find a way to get the team playing well together or move the club forward. It is not surprising Turner is now in the boardroom instead of managing from the sidelines.

Agreed. I certainly wouldn't be using Charlton and Atkinson!

I said I'd give him till Christmas and I'll stand with that for now. 

I'm just hoping the penny drops. 

This division Is not rocket science, your not trying to outwit mourinhio or tying to keep the ball off a pep team. 

Play players in their positions, make a decision on your first team 11. 

Get them organised as a unit and for 

"GOD'S SAKE" MOVE THE BALL QUICKER. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Atkinson was brought in initially until to end of the season to keep us up - which he did. Charlton was brought in when we were bottom to keep us up, which he did.  Likewise Moore- which he didn't. Todays fans would have stuck by them as we were moving in the right direction. Absolutely ridiculous comparison. If you want to compare him with a manager of that era then Eustace is your man.

Bullsh*t.

It took 'Sir' Jack 3 season's to get us out of the third tier of English football.

He would not get that time today.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I said I'd give him till Christmas and I'll stand with that for now. 

I'm just hoping the penny drops. 

This division Is not rocket science, your not trying to outwit mourinhio or tying to keep the ball off a pep team. 

Play players in their positions, make a decision on your first team 11. 

Get them organised as a unit and for 

"GOD'S SAKE" MOVE THE BALL QUICKER. 

Tell that to Bannan.

Also we need a battering ram of a C/F in this division and energy in midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Tell that to Bannan.

Also we need a battering ram of a C/F in this division and energy in midfield.

Therefore do you think going with Kamberi up top. Bashiru & Adrenian cm with Patterson just in front of them or wing??. Patterson makes up as a second striker or cf getting into the box when we're attacking and drops back in with the other two when we Havnt...?? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

It took Big Jack 3 seasons to get us out of this league. Reckon most of you would have sacked him after the first season!

Jack didnt advocate playing it out from the back,and didnt have Championship players(L2 than) or any Millionairres in his team.

He adopted a systym that suited his available players/resources...DM isnt

I do hope we dont fall for  the 'this is a hard league' to get out of nonsense thats propagated by failing managers..

Its Div 3,its a sh*te League ,with poor teams...we should be sat at the top of it,looking down......

Not because we are the mighty 'SWFC' but by looking at what other more lowly teams have achieved,with application..

Rotherham got promoted out of this League twice.....& are above us......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, parajack said:

Jack didnt advocate playing it out from the back,and didnt have Championship players(L2 than) or any Millionairres in his team.

He adopted a systym that suited his available players/resources...DM isnt

I do hope we dont fall for  the 'this is a hard league' to get out of nonsense thats propagated by failing managers..

Its Div 3,its a sh*te League ,with poor teams...we should be sat at the top of it,looking down......

Not because we are the mighty 'SWFC' but by looking at what other more lowly teams have achieved,with application..

Rotherham got promoted out of this League twice.....& are above us......

The league was full of crap teams then and over the course of 5 seasons we lost to virtually all of them!

Guest mrbluesky
31 minutes ago, heppers said:

A combo appointment- Hirst, Waddle and Worthington.

Megson as director of football.

Immense

lol

32 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The league was full of crap teams then and over the course of 5 seasons we lost to virtually all of them!

Same as now than,nowts changed has it? League is still full fof sh*te teams and we play one up front & play out from the back.....what could possibly go wrong?

3 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

Yeah interesting. I would have thought someone like Turner would have made a good club director for us, managing the scouts and recruitment team and appoint a head coach or a manager that can work with the players at the club, not requesting a total rebuild like Pulis or Monk. 

Turner didn’t cover himself in glory at Chesterfield in more ways than one 

Is he still advising the Supporters Trust?

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Bullsh*t.

It took 'Sir' Jack 3 season's to get us out of the third tier of English football.

He would not get that time today.

I said he kept us up the first season after being bottom.

Until he plays players in their right position he on a hiding to nothing? If they not comfortable they won’t relax and play to their best ability? He also chops and changes every week which doesn’t help the dropping of brown after Wigan well that one takes some doing? Hope things turn around cus he seems a naturally nice guy but that don’t win football games . Think he also more worried about opposition than saying to our lads go win it, and with the squad we have we should scare the poo out of most teams we play

• Like 2