List of realistic replacements for Moore

I haven't got the desire to look properly. I'm still recovering from the long wait after Pulis, when Moore was finally appointed I wasn't bothered with the appointment. My picks after Pulis though were Thorsten Fink and Vladimir Ivić. Like I said I'm not looking properly, but for a wildcard option I would choose Roy Keane. It would either fail miserably or be surprisingly successful, both would be fun with him at the helm anyway. I know it's looking into the past too, but he could be our new big Jack or Megson for this division. He would certainly regain my interest again. Everybody would be shìt scared of him and the players might actually work 100% for the full match for once. He would call a spade a spade too and this at least would relate to the majority of the fans.

roykeaneipswich.jpg 

garymegson 

Also funnily enough after reading the comments on the first video I found this from another Wednesday fan "When he first went to Sunderland he grabbed them by the scruff and marched them from relegation places to title winners. As a Wednesday fan I was jealous we didn't have him."

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Also funnily enough after reading the comments on the first video I found this from another Wednesday fan "When he first went to Sunderland he grabbed them by the scruff and marched them from relegation places to title winners. As a Wednesday fan I was jealous we didn't have him."

From memory, Sunderland was his only managerial success, and a lot of that was down to him being able to call on the playing services of several of his old mates. That option is no longer available to him.

Not for me I'm afraid.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

From memory, Sunderland was his only managerial success, and a lot of that was down to him being able to call on the playing services of several of his old mates. That option is no longer available to him.

Not for me I'm afraid.

Yeah Ipswich was his only other manager role and I think and that was 50/50 with how that one went. Like I kinda said before though it would be left field with him not being a proper manager for the past 10 years, but I think I remember hearing somewhere that he would be open for League 1 jobs as he's looking at becoming a manager again. I'm probably sure we've talked to him in the past few years as well over the role.

26 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Not for me I'm afraid.

Compared to Moore who has had no managerial success.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2021 at 20:31, vulture_squadron said:

It's not just about the manager!

Frank was one of a series of managers (Warburton, Smith) that fit a style of play Brentford developed over a number of years.

Nuno was brought in with a load of high quality Portuguese youngsters that cost a fortune.

When are people going to realise just changing a manager isn't enough. You need a style of play and the right players and coaches brought in to match.

Chansiri hasn't got a clue. He will allow Moore to build a squad with the aim of playing 4231 out from the back and then replace him with a long ball merchant who wants a target man that we don't have.

This. 

Every time we change managers we change the style, when will there be any consistancy of play?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Until they lose the 1st 6 game's then sack them.

To be quite honest I would prefer we sack the Chairman. No manager will succeed here until he is gone. However, we are where we are. I suggested we give Moore until mid December. If no better it gives a new manager chance to evaluate strategy and squad ahead of January window. 

5 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

To be quite honest I would prefer we sack the Chairman. No manager will succeed here until he is gone. However, we are where we are. I suggested we give Moore until mid December. If no better it gives a new manager chance to evaluate strategy and squad ahead of January window. 

If we keep going on as we are up to Christmas, with the occasional win inbetween 4 or 5 games without a win and hardly scoring any goals. We will be near the bottom of the league.

No decent manager will fancy taking on a relegation battle. It will be Bullen/Thompson for a few weeks to try and steady the ship.

If we replace him during the season, we'll end up with either someone who's been sacked recently or a failed pundit. Who'll then blame everything on having someone else's players and we'll finish lower mid table.

May as well give him the season, we aren't going down so may as well let be and change at the end of the season if necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

If we replace him during the season, we'll end up with either someone who's been sacked recently or a failed pundit. Who'll then blame everything on having someone else's players and we'll finish lower mid table.

May as well give him the season, we aren't going down so may as well let be and change at the end of the season if necessary. 

So you couldn`t envisage a Sturrock type scenario ?

Steve Cooper would have been a decent appointment but obviously he has been appointed elsewhere.

Realistically I do like Paul Warne as a decent shout. Has his teams play with pace and intensity, good man management apparently and has a good record in league 1. 

Paul Cook

Alex Neil

Danny Cowley

Darren Ferguson

Grant McCann

Vladimir Ivic

Tony Mowbray

Mark Robins

Kenny Jackett

Daniel Stendel

If any of the above would be willing to work under a total cretin like DC, then I’d happily have them manage at S6.

I’m fine with giving Moore a bit of time to turn us around but he’s floundering right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Why? He’s given Moore support with recruitment. He brought in a much better squad then most of us anticipated. Alright, he made a mess of things before, but we’ve had plenty of previous Chairmen who also did and they were English and supposedly knew about football. 

I’m hoping DC has learned some valuable lessons and signs are that things are improving behind the scenes, if not on the pitch. The latter is entirely down to Moore, his staff and of course the players. If Moore is supposed to be a decent manager, he has to improve not just results but also the standard of our play. Sooner rather than later. Otherwise, he will pay the price. 

• Like 1

The club lacks Identity, we bring a manager in who them changes the style of play and the players. 

With the players we have we are a 4-4-2 team, getting the ball out to the wings, providing ammunition for the two striker up front to score goals, an energetic central midfield not afraid to put a tackle in but also getting on the end of the crosses and winning the second balls.

This is what we should have instead, we have a slow tepid tippy tappy from the back, which has led to more goals conceded, then when it does go forward it is to Bannan who either passes it side to side or umphs it up front to the none existent target man. Fletcher and Nuihu left 2 season ago but Bannan is still playing the same ball.

For me we need a manager the players can respect, but also one that the fans can get behind. We don't need a past it name like Pulis or a man who loves his own rubbish a bit too much like Monk, or someone who says how well the team has played when it is clear to anyone with half a brain the performance was awful and also we need someone who is going to call the players out when they do not deliver the good.

Every time we have a crap performance and there have been many we get this rubbish in the press that they are going to win it for the fans, improve in the next game blah blah blah. Then what do we get another tepid performance. The owls fans are very placid anyone else having to watch this crap week in week out and paying the best part of £30 a games would be should for the players and managers head.

The whole ethos and the club is wrong from top to bottom, we seem to take 1 step forward then 1 back, for ever treading water hoping for a miracle to sort all the issues.  

Aitor Karanka, Chris Wilder, Eddie Howe, Neil Lennon, Mark Hughes, Alex Neil, Chris Hughton, Ian Holloway, Neil Harris - many different managers all currently free agents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

But today's fan's would have sacked him within the 1st 6 month's, same with the best manager in my time 'Sir' Jack.

Atkinson was brought in initially until to end of the season to keep us up - which he did. Charlton was brought in when we were bottom to keep us up, which he did.  Likewise Moore- which he didn't. Todays fans would have stuck by them as we were moving in the right direction. Absolutely ridiculous comparison. If you want to compare him with a manager of that era then Eustace is your man.

9 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Atkinson was brought in initially until to end of the season to keep us up - which he did. Charlton was brought in when we were bottom to keep us up, which he did.  Likewise Moore- which he didn't. Todays fans would have stuck by them as we were moving in the right direction. Absolutely ridiculous comparison. If you want to compare him with a manager of that era then Eustace is your man.

You want a comparison of Moore from our past Chris Turner, both talk a good game and both about to get good players into the club but neither were able to find a way to get the team playing well together or move the club forward. It is not surprising Turner is now in the boardroom instead of managing from the sidelines.

• Like 2