List of realistic replacements for Moore

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Perhaps, no one knows how that season would have gone with Bruce in charge. But I suspect his willingness to leave suggests he had his own doubts.

Anyone it's one thing sacking a manager to replace them with someone of Bruce's quality and another to go out and just replace with whoever is available.

Obviously if a quality proven manager is available then sure make a change. I'm just very anti change for changes sake.

That’s like saying if Lowe left Argyle to come here, he must have had doubts about them. Bruce, lifelong Newcastle fan, jumped at the chance to join a much bigger club. Terrible timing, but he was always gonna do it if the job was offered. May be the same with Lowe, although he isn’t a lifelong Wednesday fan, nor is he a legend as some have suggested. Bury legend maybe. 

The replacement of Luhukay with Bruce was a complete disaster.

Luhukay had basically taken the remit of the Chairman - we desperately needed to stabilise financially and avoid FFP meltdown, and transition the team to a cheap team of youth players and freebies. We were doing just that, I think would have stayed up easily that season, and then over the 18 months got rid of all of the high earners.  DC bottled it, brought in Bruce on big money, re contracted likes of Westwood and blew money on crocks Luongo, Moses etc then bailed.

I have 10 times the respect for Jos than I have for the snake Bruce.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It’s alright saying this guy or that guy has done well at a club in league one. Moore was the same.

What they find is the culture and environment at swfc is different, rightly or wrongly, and it affects the players.

I think DM will get this season and if it doesn’t work it’s another summer of change 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I have known both Paul Warne and Richard Barker for years since they were both players. I dont think we would have a cat in hells chance of him coming here he really is a first rate lad and I know he took a lot of persuading to take the Rotherham job.  Richard on the other hand maybe he's a Sheffield lad started out with us so you never know - he's a capable lad in his own right.  Personally I would go for Alan Knill another one ive known many years since he was youth team coach at Rotherham. Very highly rated coach hard working and his professionalism is without question.  Lives in Sheffield still.

I used to play football with Richie and Chris’s dad Mel Barker who took me under his wing and encouraged me , he was a real inspiration to me and a great guy unfortunately he passed on in his forties with Motor Neurone disease I remember Chris and Ritchie as toddlers but met them Both at Mels Funeral so I have always kept a eye on their careers , Ritchie I believe could be a good manager again given the opportunity, Mel was a big Wednesday fan remember going with him to the cup game at Villa park when Brian Joicey got the Hat trick 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

I used to play football with Richie and Chris’s dad Mel Barker who took me under his wing and encouraged me , he was a real inspiration to me and a great guy unfortunately he passed on in his forties with Motor Neurone disease I remember Chris and Ritchie as toddlers but met them Both at Mels Funeral so I have always kept a eye on their careers , Ritchie I believe could be a good manager again given the opportunity, Mel was a big Wednesday fan remember going with him to the cup game at Villa park when Brian Joicey got the Hat trick 

Yes Mike I remember Mel well my son played alongside Richie for Junior Blades and he had started suffering with it then. I got on very well with him and always used to stand with him at matches. A thoroughly nice decent bloke. When people like Mel go to early it makes you realise there's no justice in this world.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Chansiri will appoint Barry Bannan as player manager, nailed on, interim manager to begin with.

Wel never get him off freekicks and corners then, or penalties

We can't get him off them now....If he was player manager he'd want to take goal kicks as well.lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, modboy said:

Realistically we won't get relegated (famous last words)... Go full out and get someone like Di Canio. At least it would be more exciting and he'd have self belief.

You must be as far off your trolley as he is.lol

If he fails do you want a reincarnated Adolf Hitler or would you settlt fot his mate Mussolini.

8 hours ago, BIG D said:

10 games into the league season and no one (including Darren Moore) knows the best team. When you wait for the team news at 14:00 you have no idea who might be playing, that’s not good enough at this stage. I’d give him a few more games but not many. Chansiri will be slow to act though, he always is.

BPF, Palmer, Iorfa, Bannan, Hutch, nailed on except for injuries. Windass when he's fit. 

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Chansirj has made a catalogue of mistakes in running this ship fundamentally,  this includes recruitment, bringing people in that wanted 'their men' and this hasn't worked at all.

I'm afraid we just need a new owner with fresh ideas of a logical way this club goes forward because whilst we have the latter I can't see anybody taking us forward.

Dc has a lot to answer for. Our problems winning games at this level isn't one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

You must be as far off your trolley as he is.lol

If he fails do you want a reincarnated Adolf Hitler or would you settlt fot his mate Mussolini.

Of course I'm off my trolley I'm a wednesdayite lol

Oh yeah forgot about his political persuasions. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Yes Mike I remember Mel well my son played alongside Richie for Junior Blades and he had started suffering with it then. I got on very well with him and always used to stand with him at matches. A thoroughly nice decent bloke. When people like Mel go to early it makes you realise there's no justice in this world.

Cracking footballer as well as a gentleman. 

7 hours ago, prowl said:

Dc has a lot to answer for. Our problems winning games at this level isn't one of them.

How many managers have we gone through now that Chansiri has brought in? 

League one and struggling mate that's where under his leadership this clubs at.

Cant really see beyond Ian Evatt, brings his Bolton side here at weekend, watched them batter Burton Albion at  home a few weeks back, Wed just melt for that kind of domination, just couldnt make the chances count on the night, but they were relentless, just wave after wave, they were well hell held by the two Burton CBs O'shaughnessy and Bostwick were a credit, the art of defensive football right there in those two blokes they never gave an inch all night, best 0-0 Ive ever seen, like two boxers when ones on the ropes avoiding all the punches

On 02/10/2021 at 13:14, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Sooner have Jos "am I not the King" L back. Clueless. How many times have we conceded in the last few minutes of a game already this season. 

It took Big Jack 3 seasons to get us out of this league. Reckon most of you would have sacked him after the first season!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

How many managers have we gone through now that Chansiri has brought in? 

League one and struggling mate that's where under his leadership this clubs at.

I agree that's how we got to where we are this season.

Since we went down he has funded Moore with everything a manager could ask for, a new squad of players he picked (as far as we can tell). This is down to Moore, his job now is to make it work, so far it hasn't.

I'm giving Moore a clean slate from the start of the season, last year wasn't really his fault, he came in late to a squad he wouldn't have chosen and caught covid so he was off sick most of the time. He didn't pull up any trees either but with those players no other manager did either.

It's still early days, it's been hit and miss so far, unless he changes tactics I think it will stay that way.

• Like 1