List of realistic replacements for Moore

I just think expecting this Chairman to make a decent appointment is utterly pointless.

I’d love to see Moore succeed for a variety of reasons not least because he seems to be a good man manager and this group of players need this arm round the shoulder approach averse to another Mr Frosty appointment.

13 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Without too much thought I would take Ryan Lowe or Paul Warne and Chris Barker 

I have known both Paul Warne and Richard Barker for years since they were both players. I dont think we would have a cat in hells chance of him coming here he really is a first rate lad and I know he took a lot of persuading to take the Rotherham job.  Richard on the other hand maybe he's a Sheffield lad started out with us so you never know - he's a capable lad in his own right.  Personally I would go for Alan Knill another one ive known many years since he was youth team coach at Rotherham. Very highly rated coach hard working and his professionalism is without question.  Lives in Sheffield still.

13 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I love how this is Chansiri’s fault. He’s backed Moore to the hilt. Best and by far most expensive squad in the division ALL brought in by Moore. 
Chansiri has made thousands of mistakes but this isn’t his fault this time. Our Darren may be an excellent coach but he ain’t a manager. All on him I’m afraid. 

Best squad in the division.  Are you serious - have you actually seen them. I havent seen more than 20 minutes of decent football from them all season. If thats the best squad I would hate to see the worst.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Best squad in the division.  Are you serious - have you actually seen them. I havent seen more than 20 minutes of decent football from them all season. If thats the best squad I would hate to see the worst.

It may be a decent squad on paper, but I'm afraid that is what the playersappear to be made of - paper.

There doesn't appear to be an ounce of bottle amongst the lot of them What this squad needs is not mothering but smothering. Maybe a public rocket or two.Let the Manager go public and say which players are playing to his instructions and which players are going through the motions.That way we may find out some interesting facts.  

• Like 1

Chansirj has made a catalogue of mistakes in running this ship fundamentally,  this includes recruitment, bringing people in that wanted 'their men' and this hasn't worked at all.

I'm afraid we just need a new owner with fresh ideas of a logical way this club goes forward because whilst we have the latter I can't see anybody taking us forward.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Roy Keane.

Bully our way out of this stinking league.

Said it in elsewhere but with Keane on the touchline, that penalty gets awarded for the shove on Patterson.

Could you imagine Roy Keane working for Chansiri? 

14 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Could literally get anyone at this stage to do a better job 

We are 10 games into the season and the manager has no idea what his best team or even his best formation is

It is getting to look like he’s picking the names out of a hat every game. Total shambles 

This us what people have been saying about every manager since Carlos left.

Unless you are pretty damn sure the replacement is going to be better than the incumbent making a change is expensive, pointless and counterproductive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

It may be a decent squad on paper, but I'm afraid that is what the playersappear to be made of - paper.

There doesn't appear to be an ounce of bottle amongst the lot of them What this squad needs is not mothering but smothering. Maybe a public rocket or two.Let the Manager go public and say which players are playing to his instructions and which players are going through the motions.That way we may find out some interesting facts.  

Worked out really well for Monk when he tried this approach.

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

This us what people have been saying about every manager since Carlos left.

Unless you are pretty damn sure the replacement is going to be better than the incumbent making a change is expensive, pointless and counterproductive.

I don’t recall anybody saying it about Steve Bruce.

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Only because he left so quickly.

Not really.

I remember at the end of his first season being genuinely excited about what Steve Bruce could do with the players at his disposal.

In my opinion the only decent managerial appointment Chansiri has made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not really.

I remember at the end of his first season being genuinely excited about what Steve Bruce could do with the players at his disposal.

Perhaps, no one knows how that season would have gone with Bruce in charge. But I suspect his willingness to leave suggests he had his own doubts.

Anyone it's one thing sacking a manager to replace them with someone of Bruce's quality and another to go out and just replace with whoever is available.

Obviously if a quality proven manager is available then sure make a change. I'm just very anti change for changes sake.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not really.

It’s uncomfortable to say it but we only got Bruce because Chansiri perceived that’s what the fans wanted. Same situation with Rhodes the year before. 

Arguably the whole Bruce saga from start to finish played a big part in the last 2 seasons being a horror show without the points deduction. 

2 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ok just most expensive then.

• Like 1