List of realistic replacements for Moore

Just now, parajack said:

How did Barnsley do playing direct attacking football last season? season before that  they were playing it out.....survived in the Championship cutesy only of Wigan..This season are they building on last seasons success? or they languishing again due to my view to YES you have got it.....

Playing it out................

I suppose having £8m worth of strikers at an average height of 1.85m might help with that approach...they do play out from the back more than the long ball...but they are effective being direct sometimes...it's nice to have options (we don't)

12 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Our 'championship' players were mostly relegated last season or at best released because they were deemed surplus to requirements at that level.

As for our PL player I'm pretty sure he has never played a single game at that level. In fact he's only made a handful of senior appearances in his career.

Which is it? we are told on the one hand,we have BB the most talented midfielder in the Division,on the other.......etc,etc.....and where are JR & AR playing there football? Pretty sure its for Championship Clubs...Last time i looked too Wolves were PL team,not just Burnley....(so who has come to us from Wolves?)

Doesnt matter one jot if a player is getting a game at that level,or not,the fact they are at that level,bespokes a certain standard,level of abiliity/potential.Or are you going to disagree with that too?

Norwich were relegated,went straight back up,now struggling again in a higher division...being relegated doesnt mean your not a higher standard than the other teams around you...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I suppose having £8m worth of strikers at an average height of 1.85m might help with that approach...they do play out from the back more than the long ball...but they are effective being direct sometimes...it's nice to have options (we don't)

That replys bears no relevence whatsoever to how Barnsley are doing this season,none whatsoever.....when have Barnsley been effective this season? Have a listen to what there fans are saying,they want there manager GONE

27 minutes ago, parajack said:

That replys bears no relevence whatsoever to how Barnsley are doing this season,none whatsoever.....when have Barnsley been effective this season? Have a listen to what there fans are saying,they want there manager GONE

Erm...ok

I was replying to the idea that Barnsley were a successful long ball team...

4 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Erm...ok

I was replying to the idea that Barnsley were a successful long ball team...

WERE a sucessful long ball team,they dont have those options now,not bcause of personel,but rather because of how they are being set up...

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Which is it? we are told on the one hand,we have BB the most talented midfielder in the Division,on the other.......etc,etc.....and where are JR & AR playing there football? Pretty sure its for Championship Clubs...Last time i looked too Wolves were PL team,not just Burnley....(so who has come to us from Wolves?)

Doesnt matter one jot if a player is getting a game at that level,or not,the fact they are at that level,bespokes a certain standard,level of abiliity/potential.Or are you going to disagree with that too?

Norwich were relegated,went straight back up,now struggling again in a higher division...being relegated doesnt mean your not a higher standard than the other teams around you...

Put it this way our current squad would be relegation favourites if they were in the championship. Sure we have the odd player like bannan and iorfa who could be considered championship level but the overall standard is very much league 1.

As for corbeanu and bpf I think it's obvious that being contracted at a premier league club doesn't mean premier league standard. Premier league clubs are full of youngsters who never make the grade. I would put money on the fact that neither will ever become premier league regulars. At the moment it isn't clear that either are even good league 1 players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Put it this way our current squad would be relegation favourites if they were in the championship. Sure we have the odd player like bannan and iorfa who could be considered championship level but the overall standard is very much league 1.

As for corbeanu and bpf I think it's obvious that being contracted at a premier league club doesn't mean premier league standard. Premier league clubs are full of youngsters who never make the grade. I would put money on the fact that neither will ever become premier league regulars. At the moment it isn't clear that either are even good league 1 players.

WHO does look like a decent player in our current set up? even BB looks decidedly average...

Michael Duff at Cheltenham Town would be the person i'd go after.

Played all his career at Burnley, model pro. First job in management still there after a few seasons, not straight on the manager merry go round, clearly something about him. Speaks well, plays attacking football.

Had a quick look on their forum trying to find which pub is best for away fans next week and their fans seem resigned to loosing him to a bigger club / job soon.

On 06/10/2021 at 16:50, Utah Owl said:

I don't disagree with this post.

However, the attitude that persists amongst our fanbase that we deserve better and we should have a better manager is where the arrogance and sense of entitlement comes in. Just consider a few facts:

1. We are a struggling club that has largely struggled since the end of the 90's
  2. We are in L1
  3. We are (and have been for several seasons) in the bad books of the EFL. Being in the naughty corner is not an attractive proposition for anyone
  4. We have a clueless owner who can no longer (whatever the reason splash the cash)
  5. At this level the only way you get a good manager is either by having oodles of cash (we don't) or getting lucky with an upcoming younger manager just starting out
  6. Experienced successful managers don't come to L1 clubs and certainly not one's that are broke
  7. Successful and experienced managers are in high demand everywhere and will go to a PL or Championship club that has resources

As I said I agree that the tactics are crap and we'd be far better off playing a high tempo long ball game (like Wilko did). Moore has a limited amount of time to sort this out before he is replaced but by whom is anyone's guess. Just don't be surprised if it isn't someone well known and "successful".

Not accurate at all,Paul Cook was highly regarded and would have come if the terms had been right,GM was highly regarded and he came,as did Bruce,YES  2 of those were when we were a Championship side,but look at Paul Warne at Rotherham....or Thommo here,Bully,could they do worse than DM? 

Doesn't have to be an established 'face' can come here from a smaller Club and do that...

Why do people imagine a 451 set up with a lone stroker will work??   (Mmm  a 451 'stroker' now that might work!!) or even Para 451 & LONE STRIKER   ****    me