Jump to content

List of realistic replacements for Moore


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, parajack said:

So lets not do it again than,and as a fan base,lets not put up with it again.....or another failing manager

 

............and every team in the league can come up with the same argument.

 

At the end of the day this just translates to the "we're bigger and better than you argument, just look at our history!"

 

Arrogant and self entitled.

 

We are what we are and need to stop deluding ourselves.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

............and every team in the league can come up with the same argument.

 

At the end of the day this just translates to the "we're bigger and better than you argument, just look at our history!"

 

Arrogant and self entitled.

 

We are what we are and need to stop deluding ourselves.

Its nothing of the sort,your marking your own homework,and answering your own Q.....I have said nothing to elecit a summary like yours...Our squad contains at least 5 Championship players & 1 Premier League player on loan.we are paying decent wages for the Division(allegedly) 

We have a reasonable squad,secured Wing when others were after him,and the reason we are languishing where we are ,is solely down to the manager and his dire 451 set up.lone striker up front,playing out from the back,& constant chopping and changing....

Nothing whatsoever to do with any 'Big Club entitlement' how long is it since we were that,in anything but name only?

It is the managers tactics alone,that is causing our ills, This is a poor  League,full of average and shi*e teams in my vieew,who are easily beatable,if set up to attack. Thats why they are playing their football in this Division.because they are unable to climb higher,ergo they are not at Championship standard.

We have only just been relegated into it,and need to get out at the first attempt or join them in mediocrity and move even further backwards,,,,,

Currently my view is we are as bad(or worse) than the poor teams who we are playing and being humbled by.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

............and every team in the league can come up with the same argument.

 

At the end of the day this just translates to the "we're bigger and better than you argument, just look at our history!"

 

Arrogant and self entitled.

 

We are what we are and need to stop deluding ourselves.

 

I don't think it's that, though.

 

Well, not in my case anyway.

 

Moore's trying to play the ball out from the back with players who aren't, and probably never will be, good enough to do it.

 

This puts us in great peril in every game we play, and means that in all likelihood we are going to gain results worse than you would expect with the group we currently have.

 

That's the exact opposite of what a good manager does.

 

All any opposing manager has to do is tell his players to harry and pressurize our defenders, and sooner or later something will give.

 

If Moore persists with this style, and he's sacked, then he only has himself to blame IMO.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

 

I don't think it's that, though.

 

Well, not in my case anyway.

 

Moore's trying to play the ball out from the back with players who aren't, and probably never will be, good enough to do it.

 

This puts us in great peril in every game we play, and means that in all likelihood we are going to gain results worse than you would expect with the group we currently have.

 

That's the exact opposite of what a good manager does.

 

All any opposing manager has to do is tell his players to harry and pressurize our defenders, and sooner or later something will give.

 

If Moore persists with this style, and he's sacked, then he only has himself to blame IMO.

I don't disagree with this post.

 

However, the attitude that persists amongst our fanbase that we deserve better and we should have a better manager is where the arrogance and sense of entitlement comes in. Just consider a few facts:

 

  1. We are a struggling club that has largely struggled since the end of the 90's
  2. We are in L1
  3. We are (and have been for several seasons) in the bad books of the EFL. Being in the naughty corner is not an attractive proposition for anyone
  4. We have a clueless owner who can no longer (whatever the reason splash the cash)
  5. At this level the only way you get a good manager is either by having oodles of cash (we don't) or getting lucky with an upcoming younger manager just starting out
  6. Experienced successful managers don't come to L1 clubs and certainly not one's that are broke
  7. Successful and experienced managers are in high demand everywhere and will go to a PL or Championship club that has resources

As I said I agree that the tactics are crap and we'd be far better off playing a high tempo long ball game (like Wilko did). Moore has a limited amount of time to sort this out before he is replaced but by whom is anyone's guess. Just don't be surprised if it isn't someone well known and "successful".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/10/2021 at 12:51, mcmigo said:

I think Moore will work out well , just needs players to settle and Windass back fit.  But if he is mad enough to fire Moore then DC needs to admit he made a mistake and hire Garry Monk back.

we were on track for the playoffs in the championship until DC decided to stop paying the players.  We were just about on track to stay up under Monk when he was fired despite points loss and players not being paid . It has all gone downhill since.  

 

Look it’s gaRRy monks PR manager

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/10/2021 at 00:27, Athelwulf said:

 

I don't think it's that, though.

 

Well, not in my case anyway.

 

Moore's trying to play the ball out from the back with players who aren't, and probably never will be, good enough to do it.

 

This puts us in great peril in every game we play, and means that in all likelihood we are going to gain results worse than you would expect with the group we currently have.

 

That's the exact opposite of what a good manager does.

 

All any opposing manager has to do is tell his players to harry and pressurize our defenders, and sooner or later something will give.

 

If Moore persists with this style, and he's sacked, then he only has himself to blame IMO.

 

Moore played same style of football at Doncaster with much worst set of players and it worked well enough for him. 

 

There are other sides in this league and leagues below that play from the back and it is working great for them. 

 

Don't think that Moore's failing jhere is down to style of football he chose to play. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, malek said:

 

Moore played same style of football at Doncaster with much worst set of players and it worked well enough for him. 

 

There are other sides in this league and leagues below that play from the back and it is working great for them. 

 

Don't think that Moore's failing jhere is down to style of football he chose to play. 

maybe not but its not working and will never work with these players now next week or next year . play 442 till end of season then if that dont work moore should leave . otherwise he will leave in 2-3 weeks by getting sacked

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/10/2021 at 22:53, parajack said:

Its nothing of the sort,your marking your own homework,and answering your own Q.....I have said nothing to elecit a summary like yours...Our squad contains at least 5 Championship players & 1 Premier League player on loan.we are paying decent wages for the Division(allegedly) 

We have a reasonable squad,secured Wing when others were after him,and the reason we are languishing where we are ,is solely down to the manager and his dire 451 set up.lone striker up front,playing out from the back,& constant chopping and changing....

Nothing whatsoever to do with any 'Big Club entitlement' how long is it since we were that,in anything but name only?

It is the managers tactics alone,that is causing our ills, This is a poor  League,full of average and shi*e teams in my vieew,who are easily beatable,if set up to attack. Thats why they are playing their football in this Division.because they are unable to climb higher,ergo they are not at Championship standard.

We have only just been relegated into it,and need to get out at the first attempt or join them in mediocrity and move even further backwards,,,,,

Currently my view is we are as bad(or worse) than the poor teams who we are playing and being humbled by.

Who are the 5 championship players and 1 PL player?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan Lowe 

 

Absolutely has to be - he'd do a lot more with the players at his disposal, we'd certainly muster up more shots on target which inevitably leads to a chance of more goals. 

 

It's not good enough to be fumbling through looking like we're not going to score with all these players in the squad at all. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last 3 managers we have had,all defenders trying to play a boring defending game its instinct to them.We need a forward thinking manager x player,on front foot.Keegan'esque Newcastle style.

Name managers who used to be up top with a bit of SWFC in em..

Lowe,Carbone and Di Canio whos in managment...

Lets just ATTACK.....

4-3 every game!!!

UTO

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Last 3 managers we have had,all defenders trying to play a boring defending game its instinct to them.We need a forward thinking manager x player,on front foot.Keegan'esque Newcastle style.

Name managers who used to be up top with a bit of SWFC in em..

Lowe,Carbone and Di Canio whos in managment...

Lets just ATTACK.....

4-3 every game!!!

UTO

I can only speak for myself but I think a lot agree, this attempt by wannabe managers trying to be jnr peps is an annoying fad and they just cannot see it can only work with top class players capable of controlling and passing the ball quickly. 

Being an Owl for a couple of years means you forget about winning stuff, yes we have an inate expectation but  personally I just want to see honest up and at them tackling, fast attacking passes and a few shots hopefully on target. if we lose 3-4 ok it was a good match, we'll win more than we lose ( keegan's newcastle style) 

The difference around hillsborough ( and prob all stadia) when attacking intent is shown is like night and day 

The job at SWFC is a big one and 90% of 'managers' we've had shrink into defensive mode, due to the over whelming expectation. We need a big character with the balls to say get out there and tear them a new one win or lose leave it all on the pitch the crowd will love it - well I will

 

Moore has done nothing to persuade me he has a clue what he's doing. I think he'd prob be better working with a half size squad where he doesn't have so many options, but even then does he have it in him to admit he needs to change his style especially in this div ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

I don't disagree with this post.

 

However, the attitude that persists amongst our fanbase that we deserve better and we should have a better manager is where the arrogance and sense of entitlement comes in. Just consider a few facts:

 

  1. We are a struggling club that has largely struggled since the end of the 90's
  2. We are in L1
  3. We are (and have been for several seasons) in the bad books of the EFL. Being in the naughty corner is not an attractive proposition for anyone
  4. We have a clueless owner who can no longer (whatever the reason splash the cash)
  5. At this level the only way you get a good manager is either by having oodles of cash (we don't) or getting lucky with an upcoming younger manager just starting out
  6. Experienced successful managers don't come to L1 clubs and certainly not one's that are broke
  7. Successful and experienced managers are in high demand everywhere and will go to a PL or Championship club that has resources

As I said I agree that the tactics are crap and we'd be far better off playing a high tempo long ball game (like Wilko did). Moore has a limited amount of time to sort this out before he is replaced but by whom is anyone's guess. Just don't be surprised if it isn't someone well known and "successful".

 

Before I commit fully to a response...I'm trying to pick through all of the 'high tempo long ball' teams that are thriving in the EFL...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, parajack said:

Eh??

Your post states our squad has at least 5 championship players and 1 PL player in loan.  
 

Just interested to know who in our squad you class as these 5 (minimum) championship players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 83owl said:

Your post states our squad has at least 5 championship players and 1 PL player in loan.  
 

Just interested to know who in our squad you class as these 5 (minimum) championship players.

Stop playing games,ime not running through the entire loans/signings new comers Parent Clubs and stating the obvious ..You do it,if you disagree..heres a clue,who has come from Wolves to Wednesday?Burnley?...be more than 5 players from Championship Clubs(including our own) and 2 PL..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...