List of realistic replacements for Moore

3 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

This season should be about consolidation and preparing for a promotion push next season with a settled squad and tactics. If we get a play off place, its a bonus.

We need to put things in place for the next three years, transfer policy, style of play, tactics so that we can continue to upgrade every season...I know it's a PLAN but we have to start having one sometime lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

We need to put things in place for the next three years, transfer policy, style of play, tactics so that we can continue to upgrade every season...I know it's a PLAN but we have to start having one sometime lol

Spot on. 

14 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

The only issue with that plan is that 6 players are here on loan and will return to their parent clubs next summer and players like Windass, Iorfa, Bannan are unlikely to want a second season in league 1.  So we are likely to need to replace another 10 players or so again next summer, and then say they need time to gel.. 

If we don't look like getting promoted in January, I'd honestly send all of tge loanees back, try and pick up some of the younger players that we've been looking at and drill the hell out of them ready for next season. Then hopefully we'll be able to buy or get a couple to finish the squad in the offseason and put them into an almist finished team.

58 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

If we get near the relegation places, after the midway point in the season. This season should be about consolidation and preparing for a promotion push next season with a settled squad and tactics. If we get a play off place, its a bonus. I am not expecting to bounce straight back. It doesn't happen often. Ask Sunderland/ Ipswich or us the last time we came down.

Fair enough however I think the squad is capable of doing  well in this league, so we can be a bit more ambitious ..however based on what has happened so far I am not convinced Moore can mould the side to maximise its potential. It may need some else with more experience of achievement to do it. 

Mark Robins surely has to be a strong shout.

His win % even managing lower end teams is 39%.

He always seems to play good football, his teams are always tough to play against and he has Coventry flying currently. 

He would be my choice. 

Darrens position has to be terminal. Good recruitment but has shown absolutely diddly squat as a manager.

• Haha 2

I think Moore will work out well , just needs players to settle and Windass back fit.  But if he is mad enough to fire Moore then DC needs to admit he made a mistake and hire Garry Monk back.

we were on track for the playoffs in the championship until DC decided to stop paying the players.  We were just about on track to stay up under Monk when he was fired despite points loss and players not being paid . It has all gone downhill since.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brad_owl said:

He always seems to play good football, his teams are always tough to play against and he has Coventry flying currently. 

He would be my choice. 

Darrens position has to be terminal. Good recruitment but has shown absolutely diddly squat as a manager.

A “strong shout” is about right, probably followed by hysterical laughter and slamming the phone down.

Our days of luring managers from comfier jobs or higher leagues based on the size of the club alone are done. Mark Robins’ team are 3rd in the Championship and ran riot against one of their promotion rivals at the weekend.

We need to be better at identifying the next Mark Robins and their ilk before they bypass us on their way up. Ryan Lowe is another who it wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve missed the boat on. I don’t think we’ve really done that since Brian Laws, who is probably pound for pound my favourite manager of the last 20 years, and came further than anyone other than Carlos to doing anything here.

• Like 3

He would be my choice. 

I admire your ambition and I like Robins but why on earth would he leave a club he's got pushing for promotion to the Premier League to go to one floundering in League 1? Not a chance.

He would be my choice. 

Apart from that game last season when we beat Cardiff was it 5 nil playing the best football from an owls team for years.

4 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

If we get near the relegation places, after the midway point in the season. This season should be about consolidation and preparing for a promotion push next season with a settled squad and tactics. If we get a play off place, its a bonus. I am not expecting to bounce straight back. It doesn't happen often. Ask Sunderland/ Ipswich or us the last time we came down.

settled squad and tactics 😬 something that sounds so simple but something Moore doesn’t seem capable of. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

On 04/10/2021 at 15:36, Utah Owl said:

The league was full of crap teams then and over the course of 5 seasons we lost to virtually all of them!

So lets not do it again than,and as a fan base,lets not put up with it again.....or another failing manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Moore does get the old heave-ho, then frankly he'll only have himself to blame IMO.

There are those on this site who say that he should be given more time, but time won't convert this group of players into being good enough to play the way he wants.

It's highly likely that they will never be good enough at any stage of their careers to do that.

Frankly, were we ever to return to the PL then we'd probably not be able to afford the players to play out from the back that way, and if we developed any then the vultures would swoop and they'd be gone.

With this group, at this level, you adopt a safety-first approach at the back and you play your football where it hurts the opposition.

You never play it where it will hurt you.

Footballers have big egos, and are stubborn.

What will happen IMO is that we will limp on, sliding down the league, until Moore will be sacked in December/January.

Another season wasted.

10 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Fair enough however I think the squad is capable of doing  well in this league, so we can be a bit more ambitious ..however based on what has happened so far I am not convinced Moore can mould the side to maximise its potential. It may need some else with more experience of achievement to do it. 

The squad should be capable...

The manager isn't...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

So lets not do it again than,and as a fan base,lets not put up with it again.....or another failing manager

............and every team in the league can come up with the same argument.

At the end of the day this just translates to the "we're bigger and better than you argument, just look at our history!"

Arrogant and self entitled.

We are what we are and need to stop deluding ourselves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1