Darren Moore's post-Oxford Utd thoughts at Hillsborough

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd be surprised if he says the same in the dressing room as he says in front of the cameras.

He does need to have another look at his tactics, playing out from the back isn't working. One striker on his own isn't working. We need 2 up top or if it's 433 the other 2 need to get closer to the man in the middle

If Bannan is playing we need to seriously look at the structure in midfield. He won't stick to his position, he goes ball chasing and screws up our shape, either he needs telling to stick to his position when we don't have the ball or we need to find a way to compensate. Maybe 2 athletes rather than Dennis and Wing  or one of the strikers drops back to midfield.

It's the managers job to sort things out like this, if he doesn't he's abdicating responsibility.

Tactics...not convinced we have any.

Play 2 banks of 5 get the ball forward asap and see how we go..playing out from the back only works with players who are capable of playing it..were just,currently,putting pressure on ourselves...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Speaks well according to some one here 🤣

I don't really want to rag on him, but I do, so....here are some choice quotes from the interview.  

..."and then we had to, like, sort of, erm..."

"I've not seen them Trevor, to look back on it.  Erm.  Callum's adamant in there that it was a definite pelanty before...you know....3 or 4 minutes from the end."

"What I said to him is that I'll have a look at the video evidence.  And then I'll have a look at it.  Erm, but it looked like...it looked like a pelanty...erm...claim...and then...and then we had another, nother, pelanty claim."

🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers, Darren.

Must admit, it was an absolute joy to watch Oxford in full pomp at Hillsborough - camped in our half and full of running, pressure, quick passing and movement.

Beating us to every 50-50 and forcing us into errors.

Can't wait to see which team we make look like the one I ACTUALLY want to support turn up next.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Yeah, its cringeworthy when people at the beginning said 'oh he speaks really well' no he didn't, he speaks like an old school centre back with limited ideas. 

10 more games to prove himself for me.

Wouldn't trust him with that, noting he could not motivate a bunch of players who now ply their trade away from the club in the Championship (Reach, Oddjob etc) to keep us up.

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I don't really want to rag on him, but I do, so....here are some choice quotes from the interview.  

..."and then we had to, like, sort of, erm..."

"I've not seen them Trevor, to look back on it.  Erm.  Callum's adamant in there that it was a definite pelanty before...you know....3 or 4 minutes from the end."

"What I said to him is that I'll have a look at the video evidence.  And then I'll have a look at it.  Erm, but it looked like...it looked like a pelanty...erm...claim...and then...and then we had another, nother, pelanty claim."

🙃

Darren Snore.

• Like 1

It scares me when he says "...I didn't see Oxford getting up the pitch and scoring like that"

Jesus Darren, every single person who's supported or watched Wednesday even a handful of times knows that's exactly what you should be expecting 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’m now playing Moore bingo...

Every interview begins with”yeah, No”, then “in terms of going forward” are the 2 you will hear every time! 
What does “in terms of going forward” regarding every single question mean ??

Does he actually sound coherent when explaining the tactics to the players? I just can’t see it 

“The group were tired from two games this week “

They are pampered professional footballers, getting paid a fortune, traveling to games in luxury coaches that look like space crafts. I remember going on footy tour, playing Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning,   15 of us squashed into a twelve seater transit, at least seven individuals not in control of their bodily functions, using the same kit on three consecutive days and I gave more effort than those fu*kers.

• Like 5