27 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

I was sceptical about all the fanfare when we signed him, and he's done absolutely nothing to change my mind, so far anyway.

You'd think after doing so well at this level last season, Boro would be ready to give him a chance at the level above?  Sending him back down here suggests (to me at least) that he isn't very motivated.

He was in the championship last season pal 

29 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

I was sceptical about all the fanfare when we signed him, and he's done absolutely nothing to change my mind, so far anyway.

You'd think after doing so well at this level last season, Boro would be ready to give him a chance at the level above?  Sending him back down here suggests (to me at least) that he isn't very motivated.

This should be a step lower in theory than he did well at last season. All his football last season was in the Championship. 

50 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Is he playing out of position?

Is it that he's playing next to Bannan and its a case of too many cooks spoil the broth?

Is he just not a good player?

He is the biggest disappointment for me, way off it today, slow, couldn't get the ball out of his feet so always getting caught. Looks like it doesn't work with him and bannan so off to the bench. Dennis, bannan and Byers when he's fit.... Or just 2 of them. 

45 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Plays well with an enforcer next to him like hutch 

For me byres bannan and wing shouldn’t be paired in the same team it needs an adreinan or hutch in there next to them otherwise we lack that bite 

if we’re playing 3 in centre mid still only one of bannan, wing or byres should play in my opinion 

I get what you mean with regard to Wing, but a little surprised that anyone is still advocating playing Hutchinson in midfield.  I think that ship has sailed.

57 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I get what you mean with regard to Wing, but a little surprised that anyone is still advocating playing Hutchinson in midfield.  I think that ship has sailed.

Not in the slightest Hutchinson gives us grit in midfield and pretexts that back four 

luongo does the same but he’s injured 

our midfield without players like this lack aggression abs we get walked through abs out played 

unless luongo is fit or we sign a midfielder that agreesivly puts his stamp on the game basically a sh##house  Patterson type but midfielder then hutch has to play there for me otherwise we will keep getting lack lustre performances and getting turned over in this league 

they sat the league starts taking shape after 10 games and where are we 

10 games in sat in mid table of league one 

let’s not use the they need time to gel until the season runs out 

What they need is a good old fight more aggression and a bit more purpose 

players like Hutchinson gives us that 

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Not in the slightest Hutchinson gives us grit in midfield and pretexts that back four 

luongo does the same but he’s injured 

our midfield without players like this lack aggression abs we get walked through abs out played 

unless luongo is fit or we sign a midfielder that agreesivly puts his stamp on the game basically a sh##house  Patterson type but midfielder then hutch has to play there for me otherwise we will keep getting lack lustre performances and getting turned over in this league 

they sat the league starts taking shape after 10 games and where are we 

10 games in sat in mid table of league one 

let’s not use the they need time to gel until the season runs out 

What they need is a good old fight more aggression and a bit more purpose 

players like Hutchinson gives us that 

Sorry, can’t agree.  Hutchinson way past the point where he offers anything in midfield.  

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

He is like a mix of Potter and past it Jones. 

We wish he could be as good as Potter was in League One. MK Dons fans favourite who was named on the PFA Team of the Year and as Milton Keynes Dons Player of the Year and Player's Player of the Year.

I think he's a bit of a luxury at the moment, because of the level we're playing at and also the way we play. 

He had a great game vs Donny and Hudds. We need to get him up the pitch and on set plays.