Carlos Carvalhal

12 hours ago, morganowl said:

this is a wind up. the worst manager in swfc history allowed chansiri to sign total dross /ageing players on long contracts which has sent this club at least 10 years back and could have folded this club and be in a worse place than derby . a good manager wouldn`t have let an owner make stupid decisions . 

Wow

• Haha 1

I'm not for him coming back as I say never go back

It's like before Carlos came along you'd believe with the comments of never won anything that we were man utd under fergie winning all and sundry, instead of a mismanaged underachieving bumble idiocy of a club whose only trophy in living memory is a League cup 30 years ago.

And as for he allowed Chansiri to overspend, ******** fizz me the compete naiveté 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Best manager we’ve had in 20 years and Chansiri let him go. Worst decision as the top man. 

FB7194CA-1544-473F-B9CF-F7414F583F45.jpeg

FFS!.

He inherited a good squad, fit, purposeful, organised.

All he did was let them play, he was sussed out early in his 1st season by, of all people , Warnock when he was at Rovrum.

Every body and their  dog knew where the team wanted strengthening after the Wembley debacle, yet he did the total opposite.

He should have been replaced as soon as Bruce resigned from Hull.

He spent more money than any other manager in the History of the club, only to lead the team into decline.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kilbyj said:

Remind me how many of our managers in recent history get close to his record both with us and other clubs?

Silence...

Also remind me what market we are in for managers? I apologise for forgetting we should be attracting multiple cup winning managers.

Carlos has and will be the best manager this club has seen for many years.

remind me how many managers we had that sent the wage bill up 300% from 14 million to 42 million a season caused massive massive future problems to the point where we are lucky to still have a club. if relegation impacted us 2 years ago we would be in league 1 with a 40 million wage bill with players of no value stuck with the club would have gone bust as even administration wouldn`t have saved us.. yes i know the fool chansiri and paxio wrote out the wage contracts etc but a proper manager would have told his boss this isnt a good idea , that lot at the stain got promoted on a 3rd of the wages and wilder im sure wouldnt have said to the owner lets have a massive spending spree win or bust , the club goes up or we go bust . if we got the right man in 2015 we wouldnt now be a mid table league 1 club . 

i wont even go into his tactics etc i really dont want to bore myself silly. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, morganowl said:

remind me how many managers we had that sent the wage bill up 300% from 14 million to 42 million a season caused massive massive future problems to the point where we are lucky to still have a club. if relegation impacted us 2 years ago we would be in league 1 with a 40 million wage bill with players of no value stuck with the club would have gone bust as even administration wouldn`t have saved us.. yes i know the fool chansiri and paxio wrote out the wage contracts etc but a proper manager would have told his boss this isnt a good idea , that lot at the stain got promoted on a 3rd of the wages and wilder im sure wouldnt have said to the owner lets have a massive spending spree win or bust , the club goes up or we go bust . if we got the right man in 2015 we wouldnt now be a mid table league 1 club . 

i wont even go into his tactics etc i really dont want to bore myself silly. 

Sorry every manager will spend funds if they are available and most of the signings played a significant part in our success bar the strange ones like urby emanuelson and others.

The wage bill became a problem when chansiri refused to sell any of "his family".

No one has got us closer to the Premier league than Carlos did twice and nobody has got us playing anywhere near as good football and yet somehow he's the root cause of all our problems?

Book stops at the top. CC did a great job and would immediately get a tune out of this current crop

15 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Are you for real...CC is way ahead of Moore,  Monk, Jos, Pulis not coming back, but sorry to say going sideways and backwards with Moore just like his game plan.

you cant compare managers like for like . jos for instance took on a club in a total mess ,steve bruce once he saw the problems he was off,  s gray worked with peanuts but still put together a decent side , all the managers upto moore were working with the club on a full embargo ,players with injuries or ageing players i doubt hardly anyone would have done a lot better . darren moore is lucky that the dead wood is all gone he has been able to fetch in 15 players yes upto now he aint doing a very good job but he is the 1st manager in 6 years where he cant blame carlos ,this is his team and his tactics . 

26 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

No one has got us closer to the Premier league than Carlos did twice and nobody has got us playing anywhere near as good football and yet somehow he's the root cause of all our problems?

Not the root cause, but a significant contributory factor. He created a certain culture, took training, picked the team, dictated tactics. And failed to get us promoted. Twice. Despite the resources at his disposal. And the decline in his third season was horrible.

So the question remains. Given his failure to gain promotion with significant resources, why believe he would succeed now?

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Oh... You mean the guy that have never been a manager since.

thats because s gray is a coach or a head coach thats what he enjoys and he has been in work nearly all the time since he has left and was 1 of the main reasons why fulham got promotion he got loads of credit. when s gray left this club had a core of a team westwood,loovens palmer lees lee hutchinson etc was debt free ,the right manager in those circumstances and allowed to triple the wage bill should have got promotion . id sooner have a club what works within its budget rather than promotion or bust . who cares about the premier league thats purely about money , i dont see what good its done at the stain , no money left and the ground aint been improved with 2 years in the top flight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim said:

This is a forum for debate but the amount of 2 footed tackles that go in on here when posters disagree is f**king ridiculous. People have different opinions, whether they prove to be right or wrong, live with it 🤣

Two footed tackle... I like that analogy, I’m gonna file that one with a milky midfield

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

Sorry every manager will spend funds if they are available and most of the signings played a significant part in our success bar the strange ones like urby emanuelson and others.

The wage bill became a problem when chansiri refused to sell any of "his family".

Book stops at the top. CC did a great job and would immediately get a tune out of this current crop

great job? look at derby we are so so lucky that we aint gone bust . what would have happened if we went down 2-3 years ago  with the likes of hooper fletcher jones abdi etc etc under contract . a 42 million wage bill going down to league 1 wouldnt have just been administration it would have meant almost certain winding up of our club . if you dont believe that your extremely naive 

17 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Best funded manager in 20 years. And he still couldn't get us out of the Championship.

Why would he do any better now?

I used to think that

Since then we’ve all come to learn that he was basically handed players and told to get on with it

48 minutes ago, morganowl said:

great job? look at derby we are so so lucky that we aint gone bust . what would have happened if we went down 2-3 years ago  with the likes of hooper fletcher jones abdi etc etc under contract . a 42 million wage bill going down to league 1 wouldnt have just been administration it would have meant almost certain winding up of our club . if you dont believe that your extremely naive 

If buts and maybes. 

We didn't and Carlos still got us closer to the Premier league twice than anyone before, no ifs buts and maybes there.

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Not the root cause, but a significant contributory factor. He created a certain culture, took training, picked the team, dictated tactics. And failed to get us promoted. Twice. Despite the resources at his disposal. And the decline in his third season was horrible.

So the question remains. Given his failure to gain promotion with significant resources, why believe he would succeed now?

He would do a better job than Moore right  now.

A lot of people point the finger at Carlos for things above his head and control. The way of playing, the results in those first two seasons prove he was a successful manager.

If chansiri refreshed the squad with outgoings as well as incomings then the 3 year decline wouldn't have been so harsh.... 

He gets a lot of stick but I'd have him over every other manager this club has had in the last 20 years. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1