Carlos Carvalhal

27 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Best manager we’ve had in 20 years and Chansiri let him go. Worst decision as the top man. 

FB7194CA-1544-473F-B9CF-F7414F583F45.jpeg

Nowhere near as bad as the decision to not sack him after the Huddersfield debacle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, morganowl said:

this is a wind up. the worst manager in swfc history allowed chansiri to sign total dross /ageing players on long contracts which has sent this club at least 10 years back and could have folded this club and be in a worse place than derby . a good manager wouldn`t have let an owner make stupid decisions . 

Poor old Braga must be doing awful with such a frivolous and terrible manager...

• Love 2

21 minutes ago, morganowl said:

remind me how many cups and leagues he has won in 25 years after 18 clubs?

Remind me how many of our managers in recent history get close to his record both with us and other clubs?

Silence...

Also remind me what market we are in for managers? I apologise for forgetting we should be attracting multiple cup winning managers.

Carlos has and will be the best manager this club has seen for many years.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, morganowl said:

this is a wind up. the worst manager in swfc history allowed chansiri to sign total dross /ageing players on long contracts which has sent this club at least 10 years back and could have folded this club and be in a worse place than derby . a good manager wouldn`t have let an owner make stupid decisions . 

Are you for real...CC is way ahead of Moore,  Monk, Jos, Pulis not coming back, but sorry to say going sideways and backwards with Moore just like his game plan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Complete load of cr@p.

• Thanks 1

Club spent more money on players under his managership than the rest of our history added together. That will never happen again as we gambled and failed. League 1 is about fitness, dogedness, battling and digging in deep every game. It takes a certain type of manager to get out of this league and my examlpe is Paul Sturrock who worked with hands tied behind his back but knew how to work the magic with average players. Carlos does not fit that I'm afraid.

• Like 2

interesting that someone has brought his name up after yesterday.

I was watching the game, looking at the individuals that we have and the investments we have made and thinking these players should be good enough to challenge at the top end of the division, and that pound for pound (ie Championship/League One) this squad isn't far off the squad Carlos had to work with initially.

I was 100% in agreement when we got rid of him (should have gone sooner) and never once before have I thought it wouid be a good idea to have him back, but I'm convinced he'd get a better tune out of most of these players than Moore is, and we'd be a lot more entertaining to watch too.