So come on… what’s causing the lack of success?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Someone tell me the actual reason these tactics and lineups aren’t working 

Don’t say Bannan either

Tell me what’s causing the lack of chances

The lack of creativity and goals 

Why are we stuttering and struggling to score and win?

Luongo and Windass not playing are a massive factor 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t like the way Moore sets us up. Second half I thought we looked far more dangerous - 4-4-2. We will create chances if we use wide players properly and get balls into the box. I just hope this is a lightbulb moment for Darren.

I doubt it but 4 4 2, while extremely unfashionable, makes the best use of our players.

Only problem, don't think you can fit bannan into a 4 4 2 so we won't play it regularly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I doubt it but 4 4 2, while extremely unfashionable, makes the best use of our players.

Only problem, don't think you can fit bannan into a 4 4 2 so we won't play it regularly.

I think you can personally. I remember Bruce managed it quite effectively for a number of games.

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Don’t say Bannan either

I don’t think we are compact enough. There’s too much distance from one bloke to the next. The forwards are isolated and no one gets up to support them quickly enough. The ball doesn’t stick when it gets up to them and no one runs in behind for a quick one round the corner.

For me, Shodipo today and pretty much every time he’s played has been really disappointing, he doesn’t seem to come narrow, doesn’t take his man on, doesn’t cross the ball and is never in a shooting position. He seems to just get the ball turn around and pass it 25 yard back to Johnson. 

Everyone’s calling Wing out on another thread and he’s not been great but at least he gets involved a bit. We can’t be carrying passengers and Shodipo has been a passenger in most games. I would have hooked him at halftime rather than Gregory and hope we see Sow or Theo start on Tuesday 

The other thing that stood out for me, particularly in the first half, was Oxford wanted it more. If this squad want to get promoted they need to fight harder than the opposition all the time. If they want to get promoted they need to earn it by not only battling but also winning those battles. 

They need a rocket up’um! 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but what I’m looking for really is why the tactics aren’t working 

which part of the tactics is failing 

For me it's messy

I don't like the narrow 3 in the middle, feels crowded and puts pressure on the full backs.

The two wider players leave the CF isolated. And the seem to be caught in no man's land.

The reality is, it's probably a case of not having the right players.

The keeper, is a horror show and I'd wager Dawson was a better option. No way should he be getting beat at the near post for the first. It's flipping basic goalkeeping that. I'd be dropping him with immediate effect. 4 total ricks in 3 games.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think you can personally. I remember Bruce managed it quite effectively for a number of games.

Not sure he's the same player but you might be right. Think if luongo was available instead of constantly injured then I'd have more confidence.

Getting prepared to get this post ripped apart but I think the crowd has to take some responsibility. Listening to the away games our fans are making the most noise and in a lot of games are the only ones you can hear. That must affect the team? Today the loudest noise at times was some bloke sat in the South stand calling one of the players not sure if it was theirs or ours baldy. Telling somebody to put a foot on it. It was very quiet at times. Shouted at the lino a few times as well. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, darra said:

Getting prepared to get this post ripped apart but I think the crowd has to take some responsibility. Listening to the away games our fans are making the most noise and in a lot of games are the only ones you can hear. That must affect the team? Today the loudest noise at times was some bloke sat in the South stand calling one of the players not sure if it was theirs or ours baldy. Telling somebody to put a foot on it. It was very quiet at times. Shouted at the lino a few times as well. 

Waddya do though?...what comes first..Chicken or the egg

On one hand you have 22'000 tipping up in this bloody division?...You sing "Hi Ho"....you cheer when they start....Then they totally f.ook up with a bad pass to a poor player...and you are losing 0-1 at home?

I mean...pardon me for not performing like it was "Last night at the Proms" Darra..but i was P8ssed off

Add to that recipe...Yer owner selling your own ground back to himself.........nearly 3 decades of  "back in two weeks"...Premiership return tickets"...."Suing your OWN fans" "Europe in 5 years"..."Cakeball" "Jos" "Monk" "Pulis" ..Then your own sodding Chairman actually relegating you.

On top of that...needing a f.ookin' fire certificate to bring a sodding blue and white handkerchief into the ground, 5 minutes mute silence for a bloke you never heard of  25 pies to serve 25000 fans...prices that would make a shiek shake..and terribly poor football for nigh on 3 decades....I'm surprised the Kop is still peopled by folk who can talk wivout dribblin'...let alone sort a chant out!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Moore ticks a lot of boxes, unfortunately the “tactically adept” box isn’t one of them. It’s been a concern from the outset for me. No way he resolves this without assistance.I don’t expect him to be replaced and if that does eventually transpire it’ll be after this season is a write off.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Don’t say Bannan either

That is a very good question...

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Waddya do though?...what comes first..Chicken or the egg

On one hand you have 22'000 tipping up in this bloody division?...You sing "Hi Ho"....you cheer when they start....Then they totally f.ook up with a bad pass to a poor player...and you are losing 0-1 at home?

I mean...pardon me for not performing like it was "Last night at the Proms" Darra..but i was P8ssed off

Add to that recipe...Yer owner selling your own ground back to himself.........nearly 3 decades of  "back in two weeks"...Premiership return tickets"...."Suing your OWN fans" "Europe in 5 years"..."Cakeball" "Jos" "Monk" "Pulis" ..Then your own sodding Chairman actually relegating you.

On top of that...needing a f.ookin' fire certificate to bring a sodding blue and white handkerchief into the ground, 5 minutes mute silence for a bloke you never heard of  25 pies to serve 25000 fans...prices that would make a shiek shake..and terribly poor football for nigh on 3 decades....I'm surprised the Kop is still peopled by folk who can talk wivout dribblin'...let alone sort a chant out!

Can't really disagree with much of that mate. 

• Like 1

Don’t say Bannan either

Answered this Q many times in multiple threads...DM s preferred 'playing out from the back' style just plain wrong,too defensive,and unnecessary in Div 3, not working either for the Blunts or Barnsley in the Championship

lone striker up front(why?)...

2 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Averagewin games.. Manager squad of mostly average to poor footballers. Simple's.

L1 is full of such teams,as you describe,thats why they play their football in what was Div 3(in old money)yet they manage to play a systym and win games,get to the play offs,sometimes get promoted....

We however...