Or plan!  Moore  seems to just send  them out and hope that  the quality in the squad will win game.  Really want Darren Moore to succeed, seems a really nice guy and has  done a cracking job with Recruitment but that doesn't make him a good manager unfortunately. He seems tactically inept. I watch us and its really hard to work out what formation we play?  And when out of possession its scary how teams cut through us! 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Or plan!  Moore  seems to just send  them out and hope that  the quality in the squad will win game.  Really want Darren Moore to succeed, seems a really nice guy and has  done a cracking job with Recruitment but that doesn't make him a good manager unfortunately. He seems tactically inept. I watch us and its really hard to work out what formation we play?  And when out of possession its scary how teams cut through us! 

This

Impressive how Oxford moved the ball forward. Made it look ridiculously easy when for us it was ridiculously hard. It was like one side had been coached and the other hadn't. Should we be charitable and say that Robinson has had a lot more time to work with that squad whereas DM is only just getting to grips with his first 11?

• Like 1

Absolutely agree with the OP. Disjointed formation and confusing tactics. The Wednesday players look like they don’t understand what they supposed to do and seem to lack a purpose. We seemed to be overrun at times. Moore needs to earn his corn now because, apart from 20 minutes in the second half, we looked all at sea. 

51 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Difficult to argue with that.

You can't say Oxford have a better squad than us player for player but they were the far better side first half, played some good football. 

Quite why they reverted to time wasting second half I don't know but they were certainly better organised than us. 

The shape of the team and approach is a big worry, it really is unclear. 

55 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Disagree about recruitment 

we are top heavy with average players, mainly up front and wide and short of a top centre half and left back 

I would take Thornily back after today 

1 hour ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Spot on . Oxford had a clear formation and stuck to it . I really couldn’t work out our formation . 

It's baffling how often we get managers who do well elsewhere and come here and look like a rabbit in the headlines. 

Same for players. Wing was one of toy towns best players last season, is lucky to be in the squad here. 

It's season after season after season. Its mind boggling 

Moore should know the team strengths by now, Bannan and Denis should not play on wing. Dunkley is far too slow and Johnson is not a LB. We have a load of wingers but have still not decised who is the best. i would give Theo a long run in the side and looking forward to a fit Luongo, Windass, Gibson and Byers

The players are constantly arguing with each other because they don’t know what they are supposed to be doing - I’d put Bannan on the left as Carlos did and let Hutch or Dennis take centre mid with Wing or Byers preferably Byers - where is he by the way ? Injured I presume as he looked way better than Wing