WEDNESDAY -V- OXFORD UNITED - omdt

What can you say after that. We are making the same mistakes we've made for years. Maybe it's in the Wednesday DNA and we will never stop doing it.

Another game we should have won but ended up losing.

• Like 1

Will we ever get a good result from a losing position ever again?  We did a lot better in the second half to be fair, but yet again it ends with an almighty kick in the teeth.  Oxford's time-wasting from pretty much the moment they scored and the dreadful refereeing only made it more infuriating.

I get that the players still need time to gel, I just want to see some bit of progress.  I don't see any identity or understanding forming.

• Like 2

As dire as it is, we have to get our head's out of our arses and realise we are an average league 1 team. Oxford are better than us fact. Is it down to tge players being poor? Or Moore being tactically inept? The players look stifled and scared!!

Ipswich lose again, both of us struggling and wanting managers sacked , after both of us tipped to steam roll the division 

2 teams with absolutely no respect for the league getting shown the ropes ?  I suspect so 

You can laugh at ‘little old Oxford’ all you like, but teams like this have a work ethic and desire to compete that our lot and Ipswich look a world away from 

That’s was f@cking horrible.

Everything that’s destroying my love of football. An inept, lacklustre, Nash performance by Wednesday, against a team that worked hard but were wasting time from the 20 th minute, with a set of officials who looked like they really didn’t understand what was happening or why they were there.

As wakefieldowl would say, I hate football.

• Like 5

They obviously did there homework on our defenders. Every goal kick they had a player around iorfa and gave dunkley space for the pass.

The manager is tactically inept, no decent manager would allow that defense to keep a high line all that first half.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Might as well bring the Christmas tree down.. you can decorate it during Bolton.

Realised some of the decorations were crushed so nipped to IKEA. So glad I did not have to endure what sounded to be utter shybo. Official crap start to the season. Never convinced with Moore. Have to ask what he has done so far? Confirmed our relegation, replaced the squad with his players and now cannot command and motivate them into a team. 

• Like 3

I hate all this uncertainty and potential chopping and changing of managers, but it is starting to look like we took Moore on, just as he was being found out at Doncaster. Surely if his staff have owt about them they’d be advising him to change tactics, personnel etc during games. 

I think DC did his best to employ a good up and coming young manager after the Pulis debacle, but he must be wondering where to turn now. The team still play like a bunch of strangers and there’s no sign of improvement really, even taking into account the win in midweek. 

If we lose or even draw to Bolton next Saturday, I think I would probably join those who think it’s time for DC to intervene. 

Where to then though? Ryan Lowe perhaps. Plymouth are doing well, but he has made it obvious he wants to manage Wednesday one day. Would he even take the job, given the squad we have and the restriction on signing players? He couldn’t even bring any of his good players with him, unless the umbongo is lifted in January. (Not sure of the exact situation there). 

• Like 1