WEDNESDAY -V- OXFORD UNITED - omdt

I hope we can take the positives from the Wigan game. Those being that increased work rate and desire will elevate your chances of a positive outcome….. more of that please Wednesday!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

Come on Womble they will do it for your home coming. Yeah they won 5-1 in the week but poor old Stanley from Accrington always gets run off of his feet. He is a one man team didn't you know.

Yeah we know about Sherry and his stinker for which he atoned at Wembley. My heart turns back to when the schite Maxwell; no no her, that's his daughter who does the procurementing; Robert Maxwell. The fat guy who did a Lucanesque show. Well the ******** when Wednesday came out of the cup bag after Oxford rubbed his hands together and threw at us exorbitant prices to attend the game. 

I was going to boycott but you know a lad and his club and all that. Anyway, they paid the price Meggo the younger destroyed them and we deservedly put them to bed 3-0 and that is my prediction for tomorrow.

And hopefully will follow up with a Bums Off Seat award, BOS      Come on Wednesday !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This print at home ticket system is a joke. Does somebody have to manually send the email? Been waiting for 2 hours for the ticket email to drop in the inbox so I can print the tickets off. You should be able to access the tickets from your account page and print them off yourself. I'm having a right proper flounce here. 

2 hours ago, mrgund said:

This print at home ticket system is a joke. Does somebody have to manually send the email? Been waiting for 2 hours for the ticket email to drop in the inbox so I can print the tickets off. You should be able to access the tickets from your account page and print them off yourself. I'm having a right proper flounce here. 

The whole ticketing process is a shambles. Mine came through straight away, check your spam fritter box.

• Like 1

I remember going to Hillsborough with my dad in the mid 1980s and seeing Wednesday demolish Oxford United 5 or 6 - 1.  Great days under Wilkinson and Oxford were in the top flight then.  I think Gary Shelton played that match and he later joined Oxford and did well for them.

Would be great to see a good performance from the team today and 3 points would be very welcome.  Come on Wednesday!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

This will be my first game since before the covid saga began.

Let's have a win please.

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Me too! Never went for the whole Luhukay/ Monk season was it? Can’t even remember! So it’s nigh on 3 years I reckon. Fell out with them a bit during that time. Anyway they pull you back in don’t they. A nice 3 points , get a proper look at some fresh faces, and on 6 minutes I hope the whole ground stands as  one for Jose❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Hootsman said:

Thank you Snoots. Let's keep the positive vibe going,  3-0 to Wednesday today, Gregory hat trick, I can feel in my bones. Come on you blues!

If Lee Gregory gets a hat trick I will bare my buttocks in John Lewis’seseses’eses window ( they are shut now aren’t they?? Or this could backfire badly)😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Wonk said:

If Lee Gregory gets a hat trick I will bare my buttocks in John Lewis’seseses’eses window ( they are shut now aren’t they?? Or this could backfire badly)😳

The City Hall crowd are getting excited already 😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Who've we got today?"

"Oxford United, Sir"

"Oxford united eh? I'd forgotten all about them"

"Well, the fixtures are coming thick and fast, Sir. I had to check myself"

"No, I don't mean the fixture. I mean the club!"

"How do you forget an entire Club ,Sir"

"I don't know, but I have. Forgot the place even had a team. When did we last play

them?"

"In the League Cup six years ago"

"No wonder I've forgotten. What about in the League?"

"Thirty years ago, Sir"

"Thirty years. No wonder I've forgotten them. Wait, thirty years ago"

"Yes, Sir."

"Right. Well, that's that then. Pop the bunting up Stubbs. We're having a get together.

Invite the village. It's party time"

"What's brought this on, Sir?"

"Tomorrow is a win-win situation. Wednesday win and it's 3 points in the bag"

"And if you lose?"

"Then it's an omen, and we'll go on to win promotion and probably get a Cup to boot!"

"Excellent, Sir"

image.png.4ea04b79af4ef23a368627f2eb5da426.png

WEDNESDAY

-V-

OXFORD UNITED

image.png.69789d0662f668a434b5908822df10a8.png

Sky Bet League One
Saturday 11th September 2021

Kick off: 3:00pm 

Hillsborough

Sheffield Wednesday will face Oxford United at Hillsborough on Saturday, with only goal difference separating the sides in the League One table.

Both sides have accumulated 15 points this season, with Sheffield Wednesday occupying ninth position, while their opponents sit a place higher in eighth.

------------------ WEDNESDAY -------------------

Wednesday Boss Darren Moore has Captain Barry Bannan available after suffering a slight strain. The Scotsman was only on the bench for Wednesdays win over Wigan in the week.

El Pato looks set to retain his spot after a hard working performance the DW was rewarded with a super goal.

If Bannan starts Chey Dunkley could be the one to make way in the reshuffle.

image.png.2fb33051cd61ffbb09d4b2ed8392ec35.png

------------------ OXFORD UNITED -------------------

On Tuesday, Oxford ended a run of four League One games without a victory when they thrashed Accrington Stanley 5-1 courtesy of a brace from Nathan Holland, a goal apiece for Matty Taylor and Mark Sykes and an own goal from Michael Nottingham.

image.png.5d551fad46f22c09c9045e3f11478820.png

owls-swfc.gif

image.png.465435db249e3f6224fb5aa2b30baa79.pngOur thoughts are with you Jose Semedoimage.png.465435db249e3f6224fb5aa2b30baa79.png

Respectfully Lord, I know that time flies but today it's 2nd October...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As always excellent OP. 3 points today, just hope we attack them and take the game to them, playing at home that’s what we should be doing. Oxford had a very good win midweek but apart from that they haven’t been great at all. Be disappointing not to get the 3 points. Come on Wednesday! 

• Like 1