Cheaper phone brands

Sambo89

I went down the Huawei route over 2 years ago.

They're a bit more expensive these days than the others but still much cheaper than Samsung/iPhone.

I have just gone sim only with it - It's bang on. Battery is amazing, screen is great, camera is immense.

Also between myself and my 2 year old It's been dropped umpteen times and still no marks on it.

You can also look at Honor - Same as Huawei just re-branded and they're cheaper. 

• Like 2

On 15/11/2021 at 17:01, modboy said:

Wife has had the Sony Xperia compact continuosly for the past 6 years or so. 

Great camera and small.

Same here. They're not cheap though and the chargers are poo. Mine falls out when I'm trying to charge it all of the time now. I have to wedge it in with something to stop it happening.

8 hours ago, dan27 said:

Same here. They're not cheap though and the chargers are poo. Mine falls out when I'm trying to charge it all of the time now. I have to wedge it in with something to stop it happening.

Is it USB C?

If so, get a pin or something similar and give the port on the phone a good clean out.

I had the same issues with my phone and thought it was on it's way out. Spoke to Huawei who suggested I clean it and it's perfect now.

It's a common problem with USB C, because they are so wide they get gunk inside. 

On 13/11/2021 at 12:28, Drewswfc said:

Is there any decent smallish phones about (not iPhone) that aren't mega money? 

Pixel. My pixel 5 is perfect size wise and usually get a good incentive (free headphones which I flogged for £100+ on ebay last time). Hate the big phones nowadays

On 17/11/2021 at 02:39, dan27 said:

She's not had same issue though I did with my pixel.

I now have OnePlus nord2

On 17/11/2021 at 09:17, Skyline said:

Is it USB C?

If so, get a pin or something similar and give the port on the phone a good clean out.

I had the same issues with my phone and thought it was on it's way out. Spoke to Huawei who suggested I clean it and it's perfect now.

It's a common problem with USB C, because they are so wide they get gunk inside. 

No idea why I didn't try a pin before. I kept cleaning it with a little brush but I've just got some fluff out with the pin and it seems much better now. Cheers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dan27 said:

No idea why I didn't try a pin before. I kept cleaning it with a little brush but I've just got some fluff out with the pin and it seems much better now. Cheers.

Pin worked a treat for me too, some of the poo inside there was really tough to get out, needed that firm scrape a brush couldn't do. 

On 03/10/2021 at 10:38, owlsfan_72 said:

An air frier 😂 

Please post a review. Do you know if it comes with the charger? It's supposed to charge at 67w - whereas my S20+ is only 25w. I'm a really heavy user, so charging speed matters. 

They've arrived!!!! 

Only had time to set up the smart clock so far, to be honest it's pretty decent. 

Sound is on par with Alexa, the screen auto dims to the surrounding light, easy to set up and use. 

IMG_20211202_213420.thumb.jpg.4fb077cfcfe579fdfe74ca2c208822af.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

They've arrived!!!! 

Only had time to set up the smart clock so far, to be honest it's pretty decent. 

Sound is on par with Alexa, the screen auto dims to the surrounding light, easy to set up and use. 

That's amazing. Wanted one of those cameras in summer. Some creature was digging up our garden. Worked out it was squirrels burying nuts and then foxes digging up the nuts. Managed to catch it on a webcam I set up. 

Don't think I've ever thought the world needs a smart air fryer

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, owlsfan_72 said:

That's amazing. Wanted one of those cameras in summer. Some creature was digging up our garden. Worked out it was squirrels burying nuts and then foxes digging up the nuts. Managed to catch it on a webcam I set up. 

Don't think I've ever thought the world needs a smart air fryer

Only problem so far is the cameras are not mains powered but have to be recharged. The cable that comes with it is only about a meter long and is a usb charger cable. See how long the battery lasts on it.  

I'd never thought about an air frier, especially a smart one, but I've found myself gutted that I've not finished work early enough to set it up and give it a go yet. 

13 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

They've arrived!!!! 

Why are you securing your air fryer with security cameras?

Owlstalk Shop