Cheaper phone brands

Sambo89

I'm looking to get a new phone, currently got a Samsung note 9, which i love, but to be fair it's had a bit of hammer in the nearly 3 years I've had it (including being used as a skimming disk by my kids across the room), so sometimes the screen has a green tint to it (unless the brightness is at minimum or maximum) which is a bit annoying. 

I don't really want to spend a fortune on my next phone, to be honest I'm not that bothered anymore about having the latest thing. So I've been looking at the Oppo X3 Pro and Xiomi 11T Pro. 

A lad at work has an Oppo phone and he loves it, which is why I looked at them in the first place, and stumbled across Xiomi whilst looking into it. His has a pop up camera out of the top, but when it senses that you've dropped it the camera automatically goes back in before it hits the floor. Clever as fųck. 

Has anyone used either of them or have an opinion on them?

Are they just false economy, in the buy cheap buy twice sense?

Are they worth getting?

And no Neil I won't go back to iPhone before you suggest an iPhone. 

19 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

I'm looking to get a new phone, currently got a Samsung note 9, which i love, but to be fair it's had a bit of hammer in the nearly 3 years I've had it (including being used as a skimming disk by my kids across the room), so sometimes the screen has a green tint to it (unless the brightness is at minimum or maximum) which is a bit annoying. 

I don't really want to spend a fortune on my next phone, to be honest I'm not that bothered anymore about having the latest thing. So I've been looking at the Oppo X3 Pro and Xiomi 11T Pro. 

A lad at work has an Oppo phone and he loves it, which is why I looked at them in the first place, and stumbled across Xiomi whilst looking into it. His has a pop up camera out of the top, but when it senses that you've dropped it the camera automatically goes back in before it hits the floor. Clever as fųck. 

Has anyone used either of them or have an opinion on them?

Are they just false economy, in the buy cheap buy twice sense?

Are they worth getting?

And no Neil I won't go back to iPhone before you suggest an iPhone. 

I've used flagship OnePlus and Xiaomi phones before and thought they were on a par with the latest Galaxy. The OnePlus charged way quicker than my S20+. Oneplus and Oppo have got battery tech nailed and the Xiaomi M11 Ultra has a fabulous camera/screen and charges incredibly quickly - but is massive. 

1 hour ago, owlsfan_72 said:

I've used flagship OnePlus and Xiaomi phones before and thought they were on a par with the latest Galaxy. The OnePlus charged way quicker than my S20+. Oneplus and Oppo have got battery tech nailed and the Xiaomi M11 Ultra has a fabulous camera/screen and charges incredibly quickly - but is massive. 

Cheers matey! 

I've got a note at the minute and is only slightly smaller than the xiomi. I've bit the bullet and upgraded to it today so I will see what is like when it arrives on Tuesday. Decent deal (with 3). Only £23 a month for 1st 6 months then £46 for unlimited everything and 30GB to use as hotspot. 

Quite impressed with the spec, camera looks amazing and harman kardon speakers built in. 

Also comes with smart clock, 2 smart cameras and rather bizarrely an air frier which is a bonus. 

And no I'm not on commission 🤣

15 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

Cheers matey! 

I've got a note at the minute and is only slightly smaller than the xiomi. I've bit the bullet and upgraded to it today so I will see what is like when it arrives on Tuesday. Decent deal (with 3). Only £23 a month for 1st 6 months then £46 for unlimited everything and 30GB to use as hotspot. 

Quite impressed with the spec, camera looks amazing and harman kardon speakers built in. 

Also comes with smart clock, 2 smart cameras and rather bizarrely an air frier which is a bonus. 

And no I'm not on commission 🤣

An air frier 😂 

Please post a review. Do you know if it comes with the charger? It's supposed to charge at 67w - whereas my S20+ is only 25w. I'm a really heavy user, so charging speed matters. 

6 hours ago, owlsfan_72 said:

An air frier 😂 

Please post a review. Do you know if it comes with the charger? It's supposed to charge at 67w - whereas my S20+ is only 25w. I'm a really heavy user, so charging speed matters. 

I know. The smart clock and cameras are a decent offer with them linking to my phone as well, but the air frier made me chuckle. Although I'm intrigued by it,  do I control it with my phone? 

I'll let you know how I find it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flo said:

I had the Xiaomi Redmi note 9 which is good. I think there's a new one now. 

Uei had a look at it, but it didn't come with an air frier so I got the t11. 

It's coming tomorrow! 

On 03/10/2021 at 10:38, owlsfan_72 said:

An air frier 😂 

Comes with the 120w charger so goes from flat to 100% in 17 minutes,  also comes with a clear protective case and already has a screen protector fitted. 

Not had chance to set it up yet though. Gunna get on that tonight. 

3 minutes ago, darra said:

I've got a Samsung A32 5G cost me around £240 for the 64GB upgradeable with a sim card. 

Good phone with a decent camera.

Forgot to add the 4G version is cheaper but the 5G has guaranteed upgrades for at least two years

On 13/11/2021 at 14:28, Drewswfc said:

Is there any decent smallish phones about (not iPhone) that aren't mega money? 

Wife has had the Sony Xperia compact continuosly for the past 6 years or so. 

Great camera and small.