Paterson talks

I had mixed feelings on this when the news first broke about the negotiations but the guy clearly cares and wants to be here which makes a nice change from the majority of the rabble he called team mates last season.

Also he could be a big player for us this season if he doesn’t have the distraction of knowing he needs to find a new club at the end of the season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, trev said:

Hmm.

Depends which league we are in next season I guess. 

I'm sure he is on a decent amount and I'm not sure if he's worth it tbh.

If he helps get us back up, then we’ll be £7m (?) a year better off.

If we don’t go up, we’ll probably be able to recoup what we paid for him - or at least a good chunk of it - as opposed to letting him leave for free in summer or on a pre-contract to a Scottish club in January. 

This is the problem with giving 2 year deals to players under the age of 30 - after 12 months the club have a decision to make about whether they want to keep a player or not, and our decision making as a club hasn’t exactly been brilliant in recent years

He has a key role to play in the recovery job that Moore has on his hands and for that reason he needs to be offered an extension. I understand that salaries from last year were immediately halved upon relegation last season so people banging on about how much money that the likes of Bannan and Paterson are on are not really relevant. Sure they'll still be the top earners but the disparity in pay won't be that big.

25 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Football being what it is means I want to see this guy in the lineup!

Yes he scored against wigan but generally speaking doesn’t score enough goals that’s why lol 

Can only assume it’s because gregory probably only be here til the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really not sure about this. Think he has to prove himself a lot more to earn a new deal. 

It’s not his fault he hasn’t been playing it’s our managers failure to select him 

Scottish international and a previous regular scorer in the championship and he can’t get a game in this side

Laughable   

• Like 1

I don't think he is a central hold up striker in the Fletcher mould, he is best playing just behind the main striker in that type of formation. Can break into the box which is something we have missed for years.

He is very good at closing down and hustling for the ball and also his timing when striking the ball from distance looks decent.

Strange as he was once a defender he looks clumsy in and around our box when helping out.