Wimbledon ticket details

5 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Our lot all have between 680-720. We’ve bought tickets in the home end as back up.

No idea when this could theoretically sell out, anybody ITK on that?

Always the third phase, can never sell out in the first two phases, I think that’s how they work out the points based on the allocation. 

11 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Like someone else has said, I’m struggling to see how people get up to those high numbers?

I’m on 700 and missed Plymouth (this season) and roughly 4 or 5 aways in 19/20 before covid 19

But what about cup home games like Huddersfield in EFL cup, Newcastle and Mansfield EFL trophy? 

There's 30 points, like said previously to have 800 points you need to have gone to every single game home and away. 

13 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

What the hell is that points system. Who came up with that monstrosity 

TBH, the points system is the fairest way, those who go to most games get 1st chance. I'll miss out but, just go in their end like other games. All fans of the bigger clubs have the same issue.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bradowl said:

But what about cup home games like Huddersfield in EFL cup, Newcastle and Mansfield EFL trophy? 

There's 30 points, like said previously to have 800 points you need to have gone to every single game home and away. 

went to Huddersfield then bought tickets for the papa John’s games without actually going 

3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

TBH, the points system is the fairest way, those who go to most games get 1st chance. I'll miss out but, just go in their end like other games. All fans of the bigger clubs have the same issue.

It’s just the 780 pts for this day, 750 the day after, 730 the day after that. What an unnecessary admin ballache 

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

With the increasing use of scanners to enter games, I'm sure that a system can be put in place that if the ticket isn't scanned in (meaning you haven't gone to the game) then yoy don't get the points. It's the only way I can think.

Likewise, making tickets have your name on and require photo ID to collect, could help cut down on the selling problem.

i don’t see any incentive for the club to do that. After all Wimbledon aren’t really bothered whether an away fan turns up or not once they’ve sold the ticket and in some instances they may sell less if they impose extra rules or restrictions. It’s just a bi-product of supporting a club that can often sell more tickets than they are given. Like I said before I don’t blame anyone, I just find it frustrating. I messaged someone last night who has more points than me, will get a Wimbledon ticket but won’t go, has bought a ticket for every game this season and has attended 3 games less than me and has also spent less on tickets cos he rarely buys them in the adult category whilst I do, plus he often passes them on or sells them if he’s not going. Nobody could see this happening cos the last time we were going to matches was in the Championship and it wasn’t an issue getting tickets for me at least as I was usually  2nd category.

• Like 1

there is no right or wrong system but it looks more and more are been a bit naughty by buying tickets for every game and not going . its just impossible for many to get tickets . ive attended every home game in the 2 seasons league /cup . and most away games . only plymouth missed ,and in 2019/20 the away night games apart from 2/3 i got to inc derby but attended every saturday away game ,yet i doubt i will get a ticket for this . if people are abusing this system then i can see a big shock coming for a few when the club adopt the leeds away system when it goes to 1st come 1st served for a few away games . 

if you aint going stop been an arse by depriving others of getting tickets ,all it needs is a few to make complaints then the club will look into this , and thats not what we want is it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, morganowl said:

there is no right or wrong system but it looks more and more are been a bit naughty by buying tickets for every game and not going . its just impossible for many to get tickets . ive attended every home game in the 2 seasons league /cup . and most away games . only plymouth missed ,and in 2019/20 the away night games apart from 2/3 i got to inc derby but attended every saturday away game ,yet i doubt i will get a ticket for this . if people are abusing this system then i can see a big shock coming for a few when the club adopt the leeds away system when it goes to 1st come 1st served for a few away games . 

if you aint going stop been an arse by depriving others of getting tickets ,all it needs is a few to make complaints then the club will look into this , and thats not what we want is it. 

Totally agree with most of your post I believe owlstalk should not be used to this abuse of the system posts regarding selling and buying of tickets should be deleted immediately 

• Thanks 1

Back in March 2012 I managed to get a ticket for the Notts County away game where the season turned on it's head and we gained the advantage over United in the fight for automatic promotion. I was a season ticket holder but at this point I'd only been to one other away game that season. I don't recall any issue getting a ticket for what I'm guessing was a high demand game. This was before the priority points system and maybe I just got lucky but I do have the general impression that going away was a lot easier back then for the more casual away supporter; less overall demand and maybe people not buying tickets for games they don't actually want / intend to go to just to get the points.  

The priority points system is probably the fairest way to go about things and people 'gaming' the system are probably few and far between and I can accept likely missing out on Wimbledon and Cheltenham but I am interested in the culture change the system has introduced in fan behaviour. 

1 hour ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

. I messaged someone last night who has more points than me, will get a Wimbledon ticket but won’t go, has bought a ticket for every game this season and has attended 3 games less than me and has also spent less on tickets cos he rarely buys them in the adult category whilst I do, plus he often passes them on or sells them if he’s not going. 

i'm surprised that an adult season ticket holder can buy a child ticket ......the club should put a stop to that .

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pahowl said:

Don't forget out of the allocation there are players tickets and box holder entitlements to take off, as well as away season ticket holders.

that might mean only 600 available . whats happened to the 1400 away end? a lot of us got train tickets on that basis of it been 1400 with expectations of getting a ticket . now no hope. 

4 hours ago, TheGreatNebber said:

Back in March 2012 I managed to get a ticket for the Notts County away game where the season turned on it's head and we gained the advantage over United in the fight for automatic promotion. I was a season ticket holder but at this point I'd only been to one other away game that season. I don't recall any issue getting a ticket for what I'm guessing was a high demand game. This was before the priority points system and maybe I just got lucky but I do have the general impression that going away was a lot easier back then for the more casual away supporter; less overall demand and maybe people not buying tickets for games they don't actually want / intend to go to just to get the points.  

The priority points system is probably the fairest way to go about things and people 'gaming' the system are probably few and far between and I can accept likely missing out on Wimbledon and Cheltenham but I am interested in the culture change the system has introduced in fan behaviour. 

I was a member that season and easily got tickets.

Something strange with tickets website.  The Wimbledon match appears on away tickets available when usually it doesn't until you have enough points.  It then lets you select tickets,put in basket then won't let you proceed to checkout....  It's greyed out. I'm sure that's no normal