If you can't get an away ticket

2 hours ago, Jim Wonk said:

This... sat in home end at Leeds once, lost 3-0, so kind of stood up awkwardly everytime they scored, they must have known! Nightmare!! Not for me, I just couldn’t get into it

Same here for that match, left ten minutes before the end and got back in the house about the same time as if I’d been to Hillsborough.

It was more difficult the following season keeping from looking pleased when Tudgay  Brunt and JJ scored crackers.

Edited by marconi

26 minutes ago, marconi said:

Same here for that match, left ten minutes before the end and got back in the house about the same time as if I’d been to Hillsborough.

It was more difficult the following season keeping from looking pleased when Tudgay  Brunt and JJ scored crackers.

Remember bouncing around in that boozer across from their ground for that game where Brunt scored from about 40 yards out. Think it’s called Peacock or something like that. 

Been to a few away games in home end, remember jumping up when Brunt scored away at Preston one season only to be offside… was with my old man too. They didn’t really do much tbf, just the odd Yorkshire barsteward comments lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

Remember in the 70s watching Wednesday at Plough Lane,  we played in a white away kit,

We started off behind one goal and one side and at some point I was stood singing on all sides of the ground including their home end when we were kicking into it in the second half lol

• Haha 1

Going to the Baseball ground at Derby when we were band what a great day out that was. Weeks before, the police were saying any Wednesday fans would be ejected so don't buy tickets.

Couldn't tell you how many we took but we were all over the ground and not afraid to sing. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Hospitality packages are available. £62 +vat

Mentioned it in the original post, pay more attention,lol. 

Can't believe one of the Owls Talk police hasn't seen the title of my post and commented yet saying my post should be in the ticket section of the site. Still time yet and for the do gooders to comment about going on the kops of teams in the 70s.

East Bank Republican Army were barmy, where ever we go we fear no foe, cos we are the EBRA.

56 minutes ago, Spion Kop said:

Going to the Baseball ground at Derby when we were band what a great day out that was. Weeks before, the police were saying any Wednesday fans would be ejected so don't buy tickets.

Couldn't tell you how many we took but we were all over the ground and not afraid to sing. 

Went to that one too.

”If you’re not here clap your hands.”

“Laughing at Ted Croker the Wednesdays laughing at Ted Croker.”

😀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

As long as you don't shout your mouth off, slag their team off or jump up if we score, it shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't have a problem if an away fan was sat next to me and told me that they couldn't get a ticket for their end. 

When we played Newcastle at home and beat them 2-1 there was a Newcastle fan sat next to me in the south stand. He just sat calmly and watched the game. No one was bothered. It’s gobby trouble makers people get irate with.

• Like 1

Went to the Swansea v Owls game with my Swans mates down here and they outed me in the first 5 mins to everyone sat around us the gits!! ... They absolutely hammered us 1-1.. 😆. ..Gray scored with a header for us I seem to remember ...good fun!! Been on many an away end and chatted with the locals its usually fine and we're all like minded folks...The Leeds kop wasn't fun mind... 😀

• Haha 1

I have a ticket in the home section at Wimbledon, as I think the 1K away tickets will be gone before I am eligible.

I have registered with Oxford, Cambridge, Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Wycombe .. all in the expectation that the away tickets will go quickly and I may need to buy a home ticket. Should be ok at MK Dons as they have loads of seats and also Pompey on a Tuesday night.

The irony is that if I could add the 10 points for each of the away games I go to in the home ends  I would have a much higher points tally to get Wednesday away tickets easily.

and BTW I am a season ticket holder at Hillsborough but live in the sunny south.

4 minutes ago, WestBerksOwl said:

I have a ticket in the home section at Wimbledon, as I think the 1K away tickets will be gone before I am eligible.

I have registered with Oxford, Cambridge, Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Wycombe .. all in the expectation that the away tickets will go quickly and I may need to buy a home ticket. Should be ok at MK Dons as they have loads of seats and also Pompey on a Tuesday night.

The irony is that if I could add the 10 points for each of the away games I go to in the home ends  I would have a much higher points tally to get Wednesday away tickets easily.

and BTW I am a season ticket holder at Hillsborough but live in the sunny south.

wimbledon might well check tickets to see if those buying on home end are on our database . morecambe did this.