Next 2 Months

Before last night and even before the run of 4 without a win I have always been looking at October as a key month. 3 home games and the 3 away games against Wimbledon, Cambridge and Charlton.

But now with the Sunderland game being rearranged for November, 4 of our 5 home games will be at Hillsborough so 7 out of the next 11 games are at Hillsborough

image.png.b6ad0e15601753085cae883013ca4ede.png

Is it unrealistic to expect 8 or 9 wins out of these? If we are to go for the top 2 surely thats what we need to do. All of a sudden last night's win is getting me all giddy and excited again!

There's not a single team in there that we can't beat.

I've said before the game yesterday, we now go on a run of seven victories.

The smart money is on bitcoin.  The smartest money is on Wednesday winning 7 in a row.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Before last night and even before the run of 4 without a win I have always been looking at October as a key month. 3 home games and the 3 away games against Wimbledon, Cambridge and Charlton.

But now with the Sunderland game being rearranged for November, 4 of our 5 home games will be at Hillsborough so 7 out of the next 11 games are at Hillsborough

image.png.b6ad0e15601753085cae883013ca4ede.png

Is it unrealistic to expect 8 or 9 wins out of these? If we are to go for the top 2 surely thats what we need to do. All of a sudden last night's win is getting me all giddy and excited again!

So giddy, you want to go Charlton away again! lol

I agree, so many games at home, have to take advantage and build the season from here.

I certainly won't underestimate Oxford, Bolton, MK Dons and Wycombe - all of these can score goals, something we're not doing in abundance right now. 

Our defence is keeping us in it, we've not conceded many - but we really need things to click in the final third and start punishing sides when we're on top at home. 

• Like 5

Nothing in there to worry us, Lincoln and Wycombe the most challenging of the bunch, plus of course the rearranged Sunderland game, a proper tough fixture.

As we've shown, we come unstuck against the lesser fancied teams, so won't all be plain sailing, should be, but expect some disappointment along the way. 

• Like 1

If we play like that 

high intensity working hard we will win a lot more than we lose 

as a team that was as hard fought game as we are going to see this year 

two teams having a right go 

most teams would completely collapse under that intensity 

I’m sure it will of taken it out of the lads as they covered some serious ground but for me that’s the standard now 

I can take dropping points if we’ve made them work for it Plymouth beat us comfortably by turning up and playing at high intensity 

we would have easily beat Shrewsbury and Ipswich if we played like that 

superb efforts by the lot if them I can certainly get behind a team that plays like that 

I much rather win ugly with heart like that than win from a wonder goal out of nowhere like when we had reach 

more of the same please 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Have to take 1 game at a time. This group is still largely unpredictable.

Don’t expect an easy win against Oxford this weekend. If we start slow, or even fast and don’t capitalise on it, we could suffer similar to the Shrewsbury match 

It’s just 1 win. It’ll take a run of good results to convince me

Out of that list, I've already seen Gillingham this season at Argyle. As you might expect with Evans in charge, they are a cheating, time wasting lot, so prepare for a frustrating afternoon when they come to Hillsborough.

I’m sure there will be plenty of entertainment on offer for the South Stand baiting Mr Evans though. How that guy doesn’t have a coronary with the way he rants and raves in the technical area is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

So giddy, you want to go Charlton away again! lol

I agree, so many games at home, have to take advantage and build the season from here.

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Where are we playing the 5th home game?

Yup definitely so giddy I made lots of mistakes 😀

• Haha 1

I’m surprisingly un bothered by the results at the moment. Just want us to turn up every game and give it our all. Like last night. Playing teams off the pitch will be very rare in this league. Teams fight. And we need to fight harder. Then the small moments of quality get you the win. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Have to take 1 game at a time. This group is still largely unpredictable.

Don’t expect an easy win against Oxford this weekend. If we start slow, or even fast and don’t capitalise on it, we could suffer similar to the Shrewsbury match 

It’s just 1 win. It’ll take a run of good results to convince me

Let’s start at medium pace then and job's a good ‘un 😀