The £6.4m loan secured against Hillsborough

ANDY

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Well yes, who owns Sheffield 3 Ltd? The same person that owns SWFC? How well do you think that person has run that business in terms of meeting financial obligations and does it fill you with great confidence that he will be able to keep on top of these payments as they keep increasing, because if not, he loses control of the stadium. 

Do you think it is good news that our owner has kicked a payment for the stadium down the road for another year at extra cost?  

I didn’t comment on any of that because I didn’t want to.  I was merely correcting an error.

I know that I’m probably too pedantic at times. But when I see an error, it makes my blood boil. I always think without any proof whatsoever think it has been made deliberately.

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I didn’t comment on any of that because I didn’t want to.  I was merely correcting an error.

I know that I’m probably too pedantic at times. But when I see an error, it makes my blood boil. I always think without any proof whatsoever think it has been made deliberately.

Fair enough, thanks for correcting my error, it certainly wasn't made deliberately.

Having established that the deferred payment and increase in cost of £200K is against another company owned by our owner and not directly our club, do you think that this is in any way a good thing given that the future ownership of the ground we play in rests on such payments? 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I agree but people naturally have stubborn streak and some people don't want to believe he is a bit of a charlatan after they were giving him hero status in 2016.

DC is neither the hero he was made out to be in 2016 or the villain some paint him as now.

Truth lies in-between, someone who has made good intentioned mistakes that have resulted in club being in worse position than it was when he took over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, thanks for correcting my error, it certainly wasn't made deliberately.

Having established that the deferred payment and increase in cost of £200K is against another company owned by our owner and not directly our club, do you think that this is in any way a good thing given that the future ownership of the ground we play in rests on such payments? 

Are we going to go down the same rabbit hole we went down when the charge became public.  The same characters that were telling us Sheffield 3 would default this year are now saying this will happen next year.

No doubt when the loan is rolled over again next year. We’ll be told they will default in 2023.  And so on and so on.

Totally pointless.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That's the most worrying thing mate 

Yes, isn't it annoying when people keep backing someone who continually f*cks up and clearly doesn't have other people's best interests at heart. 

You know, like football owners, politicians, prime ministers etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, isn't it annoying when people keep backing someone who continually f*cks up and clearly doesn't have other people's best interests at heart. 

You know, like football owners, politicians, prime ministers etc. 

please don’t politicise this topic. There’s a whole section for politics. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Are we going to go down the same rabbit hole we went down when the charge became public.  The same characters that were telling us Sheffield 3 would default this year are now saying this will happen next year.

No doubt when the loan is rolled over again next year. We’ll be told they will default in 2023.  And so on and so on.

Totally pointless.

What same characters?

I never said we would default and asked you a question which you have totally ignored and instead gone on a rant in reply to me which has nothing to do with what I posted.

Do you think adding £200K to a charge which the stadium is registered against is a good thing?

6 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Sorry disagree on this one.  Chansiri explained two things about this debt

1: it was an inherited debt. (before DCs tenure)

2: it had low level of interest

The increase from last year supports point 2, no need for him to repay any time soon as low interest level.

Only reason it's now attached to the stadium is due to covid and lender wanting more security.

So £6m of inherited debt of SWFC which has not been disclosed in the SWFC accounts that he has signed for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Is he very forgetful?

• Like 4