• Dunkley
    • Adeniran
    • Wing
    • Paterson
    • Gregory
    • Brown
    • Hunt
    • Shodipo

After a poor first half, we were excellent in the second and the panic only set in because of Johnson’s stupidity 

BPF 8 MOM back to his best with three excellent saves

Palmer 7 did ok against McClean and one excellent interception and cross for Gregory 

Iorfa 8 much better. Colossus 

Dunkley 7 won his fair share but balls over the top worry me

Johnson 5 he’s not good on the wing and he’s not great at full back either. Awful defending for the penalty 

Adeniran 6 ok but he’s wasted on the wing. Get him in the middle

Hutchinson 6 I can understand with Luongo out why he plays in midfield but it will be the death of him. Definitely should not do this at home

Wing 6 did ok, but gave the ball away cheaply at times

Brown 6 awful first half but better in the second. I want to see him play at full back dribbling from deep 

Paterson 7 very good. An excellent goal and almost scored too other crackers. This formation suits him just behind a striker 

Gregory 7 he had a great game. Hit the bar and got an assist too. Awful miss near the end though

Hunt 4 why? He’s not playing well at full back so why would he play well on the wing?

Shodipo 5 no time to impress 

Moore 6/7 better as he tweaked the formation today. Still think his substitutions are crap though. They just never make sense. 

Onwards and upwards. UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

After a poor first half, we were excellent in the second and the panic only set in because of Johnson’s stupidity 

BPF 8 MOM back to his best with three excellent saves

Palmer 7 did ok against McClean and one excellent interception and cross for Gregory 

Iorfa 8 much better. Colossus 

Dunkley 7 won his fair share but balls over the top worry me

Johnson 5 he’s not good on the wing and he’s not great at full back either. Awful defending for the penalty 

Adeniran 6 ok but he’s wasted on the wing. Get him in the middle

Hutchinson 6 I can understand with Luongo out why he plays in midfield but it will be the death of him. Definitely should not do this at home

Wing 6 did ok, but gave the ball away cheaply at times

Brown 6 awful first half but better in the second. I want to see him play at full back dribbling from deep 

Paterson 7 very good. An excellent goal and almost scored too other crackers. This formation suits him just behind a striker 

Gregory 7 he had a great game. Hit the bar and got an assist too. Awful miss near the end though

Hunt 4 why? He’s not playing well at full back so why would he play well on the wing?

Shodipo 5 no time to impress 

Moore 6/7 better as he tweaked the formation today. Still think his substitutions are crap though. They just never make sense. 

Onwards and upwards. UTO

Paterson 8 not 7. Typo 

Paterson, BPF, Adeniran (who i think could become our new 'star player' if played in midfield properly), Iorfa and Dunkley were very good.

Johnson at left back however is absolutely hopeless. I've not seen us in the flesh since pre Covid due to my own illness and work and honestly defensively he reminded me of Beswetherick.

Going forward he put one wicked cross in - so it might be more of the fact that he's out of position but he was beat over and over and over again and then gave away the penalty.

Just back.  We’re a mess at times at the back and don’t create much.  But good tactical changes during the game and a high work rate. 

BPF 8. Great saves. 

Palmer 8. Mature performance both defending and attacking.  
Iorfa 6.  Fast but misses headers. 
Dunkley 6.  Misses headers and makes poor passes but did ok. 
Johnson 5.  Poor defensively.  Was targeted and needed help including Gregory at one point.  Good going forward at times. 

Hutch 7.  High energy.  Good tackles. 
Wing 7. Makes mistakes but did well. 
Adeniran 8.  Ran for days.  Good play in a new position. 

Brown 7. Ran all night.  Needs more quality. 
Paterson 9. Amazing game.  Never stopped running.  Winning headers.  Great finish. 
Gregory 8. A nuisance and good target man play.  Cracking cross. 

Moore 9.  Changed tactics several times to counter Wigan’s attacks.  Very good game plan. 

Went for BPF.

Also a mention for Paterson who made a nuisance of himself & took the goal well. Put a shift in.

I like the Johnson/Brown left side link up too ... shame MJ gave the penalty away as he had a decent game.

Prefer Hutch at CB as he gets a rush of blood in midfield and seems to think he has to make a mark and is reckless.

Adeniran started well but he tends to drift through games.

• Like 1

Im probably going to be a bit generous here, purely because of the effort and battle that I think all of the guys showed tonight. Great to see.

BPF = 9 = excellent tonight, made several good saves, and made it look easy.

Palmer = 7 = did ok, without ever really provideing much quality going forwards 

Iorfa = 8 = did what Big Dom does 

Dunkley = 8 = best I've seen him for a long time

Johnson = 7 = I really liked him tonight, and love his willingness to attack. give us another option that I feel we dont get with Palmer on this side 

Adeniran = 7 = one of his quieter games

Hutchinson = 7 = did his job quietly and effectively. their advanced MFers/10 didnt get a sniff

Wing  = 7 = not his greatest game going forward, but today showed us his willingness to battle and get stuck in

Brown = 4 = I honestly dont see what this guy gives us. just seems to run into blind alleys and not produce anything. maybe Im missing something, cos others seem to like him 

Paterson = 8 = scored the winner, an excellent strike, and ran his bag off tonight, and gives his all for the team. deserves an extended run in the team.

Gregory = 7 = played well, fluffed his big chance. really needs another goal right now to set him going again

Im not going to rate any of the subs

• Like 1

BPF                                                 7.5 some good saves. 

Palmer                                            7.5 Managed to get forward.  
Iorfa                                                 8  My MOTM his speed is awesome. 
Dunkley                                           7.  one of his better performances. 
Johnson                                          6.  holds on to the ball a little too long. 

Hutch                                               8.  Playing in the middle is not good for him. 
Wing                                                 7. Making a fist of it. 
Adeniran                                          8.  More than willing runner. 

Brown                                               7. Got the attitude needs a little more in his tool box. 
Paterson                                          8. Great game.  excellent in the air.

Gregory                                            8. My Bums On Seats performer, strike that hit the bar was Hirstesque. Gr8 set up for Patterson. 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 1

BPF 7 decent saves and more importantly no clangers

Palmer 7 very good 

Iorfa 7.5 excellent tonight

Dunkley 6 solidish but scares me to death when he's on the ball and what was he doing for the penalty

Johnson 7 steady enough

Hutch 7.5 solid

Dennis 7.5 runs a lot. Really like this lad

Wing 7.5 thought he really battled and got stuck in

Brown 6.5 plenty of pace but needs more end product

Paterson 8 looked dangerous through out. Excellent finish. 

Gregory 7 worked very hard and set up Paterson goal but needs to be putting that chance away

• Like 1

Patterson for me. He got stuck in from start. Suits him best with out Bannan. Patterson was unlucky in first half not to score. There keeper pulled off a really good save from a volley from 25 yards. 

We beat a good side with out playing anywhere near what we capable of. Very good signs. Hope players get the confidence they need from this victory. 

• Like 1

BPF a d Paterson would be joint MoM for me. BPF was great and deserved a clean sheet really. Proper ‘redemption’ performance from him for me. Paterson. What actually is he as a player? God knows but he was a terror last night and Wigan hated playing against him. Sure some of his passing was poor at times but he was right in Wigan face for the whole match. Plus a terrific volley earlier in the game followed later by a fantastic strike for the winner. 
Team work ethic was top drawer. 
As for the crowd. Wednesday fans were the 12th man last night. What a noise!