WIGAN ~V~ WEDNESDAY -OMDT

12 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

There's  only 18 players though. If players stayed fit this was always going to be problem if you make 14 signings.

agreed but imo Corbeanu offers something different, a player like him to being on in the last 15 minutes could be a very useful option. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness to Gregory he didn’t do too badly on Saturday in spite of the utterly abysmal service he was getting.

But he just compounds the issues we have, ie passing it backwards. He holds it up well but never moves it forwards, always backwards. He allows opposition defences to push right up so we have no space in midfield, then it ends up back with BPF.

Chansi has no intention of allowing Dele Bashiru of starting a league match. 

Why did he bother signing him when he's got absolutely no intention of giving him a chance. He's been at the club for well over a year now. He's got another season after this one at the club. 

He's probably one of the most promising players we've got in midfield. 

There isn't another club in all four divisions that behaves in such a bizarre manner. I doubt there are any more insane clubs anywhere than ours that does so many totally inexplicable things. 

Maybe the saddest thing of all is that Chansiri is ruining such players careers. But I don't suppose that matters to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Agreed, the team selections appear to give an indication that DM isn't confident with whom he's playing and where, or some of these players aren't good enough, I'm pretty sure the lethargic way we are at the moment isn't what Moore wants.

Yep 9 games into the season and he still doesn't have a clue what his best team is and who should play where. Baffling.

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Hutch should NEVER play in midfield, how the hell can't Moore see that ,unless he's playing in a back 5 😖

Palmer shouldn't be in the first Xl full stop !

Moore sees nowt pal,

Worse by miles than Monk and Pulis,

Even a point today papers the cracks 

Wait while sat Oxford at home...we will struggle..deffo..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Hutch should NEVER play in midfield, how the hell can't Moore see that ,unless he's playing in a back 5 😖

Palmer shouldn't be in the first Xl full stop !

Probs will be Hutch in midfield 

Unless it’s a 343 

Brown    Gregory   Paterson 

Johnson   Wing   Adeniran   Palmer 

Dunkley  Hutch. Iorfa 

PF

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You're right about too many players.

We currently have 19 fit outfield first team players to fill16 spots, so 3 have to be left out of every match day squad. tonight it's Sow, Corbeanu and Byers. When Windass, Luongo and Gibson are fit, that's 6 to leave out. I think DM will be rotating who he leaves out every game to keep everyone happy.

I think Byers is injured and I don't think Gibson will ever be fit , it's just the Wednesday way I'm afraid , always have players unavailable.

Poor team selection - 5 at the back leaving just 2 in midfield with the way Hutch plays so deep and including Paterson means we’re going agricultural.  I’d take a point right now but that’s not really good enough for a squad such as we have (even against top of the league). 

• Like 1