WIGAN ~V~ WEDNESDAY -OMDT

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Why is Gregory still starting, we've changed everything else in attack evwry game but kept him.

5 starts, 3 team goals scored.

Kamberi, 2 starts, 4 team goals scored, 7 in 3 if you count the cup.

In fairness to Gregory he didn’t do too badly on Saturday in spite of the utterly abysmal service he was getting.

• Like 1

Guess the formation? 

Most definitely (probably) 433

But could be 352 or 442 this is part of the problem at the min we have no settled team its a guess who is going to be playing where 🤷‍♂️ and like people are saying we have like a 100 wingers but they can't even make the bench 

Just now, BadBoy1762 said:

Guess the formation? 

Most definitely (probably) 433

But could be 352 or 442 this is part of the problem at the min we have no settled team its a guess who is going to be playing where 🤷‍♂️ and like people are saying we have like a 100 wingers but they can't even make the bench 

Yes I wondered about 3-5-2 as a possibility. I wonder if that’s the (dare I say it) plan?

2 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I personally prefer a more consistent lineup.

I'm all for tweaking a little but more me we actually have too many players which makes it difficult to keep them all happy. 

You're right about too many players.

We currently have 19 fit outfield first team players to fill16 spots, so 3 have to be left out of every match day squad. tonight it's Sow, Corbeanu and Byers. When Windass, Luongo and Gibson are fit, that's 6 to leave out. I think DM will be rotating who he leaves out every game to keep everyone happy.

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Way way too much chopping and changing for my liking 

And I think it will show ,  2-0 Wigan 

Unfortunately I agree, the team in form name another unchanged team while we have 3 changes again.

A lot to be said for knowing your best 11 and having a settled team. The only crumb of comfort is it's close to the team we had at the start of the season when we picked up a few points.

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Another random DM team selection. 

We are not going to get any consistency this season. I'll be surprised if we put the same team out for 2 games running all season.

Agreed, the team selections appear to give an indication that DM isn't confident with whom he's playing and where, or some of these players aren't good enough, I'm pretty sure the lethargic way we are at the moment isn't what Moore wants.