WIGAN ~V~ WEDNESDAY -OMDT

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Apart from Brown there is no pace in that side going forward.

We have all these wingers yet Paterson starts.

Think he's picked this team to battle it out and stay solid, cant say with that team selection that he's going for it.

Weird isn't it. Genuine wingers yet Paterson is there. Very odd. 

• Like 1

Just now, sternlad said:

Is Mr Moore planning some late impact substitutions?….looks like a “ hold them to 0-0 for 60 minutes then try and nick it”. I suppose at least it’s a plan of some sort. It will be interesting to see how the midfield works without Barry Bannilow.

Christ, a match with bloody Wigan and we’ve gone with a game plan of parking the bus. How miserable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Christ, a match with bloody Wigan and we’ve gone with a game plan of parking the bus. How miserable 

Aye, trouble is we’re not very good at parking…don’t use our mirrors very well or summat. And like always I fear we will be scrabbling around for an equaliser instead of pushing for a winner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It is absolutely incredible that, after 8 years, 2 banishings into the stiffs, several red cards , endless bookings, a free transfer to Cyprus and relegation that we pick Sam Hutchinson in midfield.  

Sam is an excellent defender , yet we pick dunkley back there. 

We have made the defence weaker and the midfield weaker already by that one decision. 

Spot on.

Hutchinson should be at CB. Him and Iorfa have a good understanding and they are solid. Dunkley in is a disgrace, he has played like an OAP every time I have seen him. Cannot move! Takes ages to pass and is just garbage. People say he is playing for his height and strength - has he got any? I don't see any.

He could have changed the formation and went with a 2 in CM today or could have played FDB in CM and kept Hutchinson at CB.

Or even still, he could have played Patterson in the middle three- which is still the only position I have seen him play for us where I thought he didn't look like an amateur. 

Moore is looking really out of his depth atm. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

DM going for a hat trick of draws by the look of it. Starting to regret making the trip!

Don’t forget photographic evidence of the owls support in that North Stand…pink blancmange shirts to the fore!!!