We would be MUCH better without Bannan

Play Baz in his best position he his head and shoulders above Wing and co 

Play him up front like Moore tried to do and he was poor 

Moore needs to get the balance right and we are getting there now he has got left footers on the left and stopped trying to play out from the back last night 

Apart from a left footed centre back we have the players for a top six finish 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Wing was the worst player in our team last night admittedly but for me that CM role isn't what he does or what he's about.

What is he about then? He could barely string a pass together last night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

What is he about then? He could barely string a pass together last night.

He seems to be a player suited to the number 10 role or just to sit in behind the front two in space. Last night showed he doesn't really want to be involved with the "horrible" side of the game and he isn't going to put his foot in on a regular basis and last was very much a battle for the large parts.

I think the whole squad would benefit from a settled selection and run of games. 

Last night regardless of individual performances will do everyone within that squad the world of good.

• Like 2

I though Wing was ok in the sense that he broke up play, tackled blocked etc but his forward passing was often poor and he seemed to panic a bit and just smash the ball away when there was a pass on. That said he didn’t put us in immediate danger with what he was doing so it didn’t cost us. 
If Bannan is fit I’d expect to see him start. As has been said the whole team ran around a lot more last night so there were far more passes on than on previous occasions. 
Hutchinson can’t stay in midfield. He has all of the heart but will end up crocked if we stick with him there. He’s too valuable to us to wreck him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I can feel myself being sucked across here to the better without bannan mob

Someone help me

We won without Bannan so it’s an easier case to make. But if you think about it we only won because of a fluke own goal. With Bannan on the pitch and the extra energy we had last night we could have score three or four….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

We won without Bannan so it’s an easier case to make. But if you think about it we only won because of a fluke own goal. With Bannan on the pitch and the extra energy we had last night we could have score three or four….

Just now, FreshOwl said:

1 game where we sneak an own goal to get us the win and now Bannan isn’t needed anymore lol 

Yes yes - you're right

Of course you're right

I'm so tired this morning my weak will nearly gave into these nutters trying to influence people with their lies and made up nonsense - and I nearly fell for it too!

Now I can see why Brexit happened

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Its all about results, our two best  this season have been away at Rotherham and last night.  

2 wins  away  from home against sides in the top six, both games won as a result of a more physical midfield ( Lulongo second half at Rotherham   ), playing a higher tempo  more direct style. Its not about quality of passing or possession its about exposing other teams lack of quality. 

Our squad on paper is one of the best in the division, we just need to play in a league one style, and allow that extra quality in all areas to overcome other sides.  If we match teams for work rate and physicality we will be very close to an automatic spot, 

All about opinions but for me, Bannan has to be a luxury we introduce when the games won, ,or if we are on top and cant find that extra class to open up a team that sits in at Hillsborough. 

I hope, Moore will fore go the nice slow cultured build up and possession and get at teams more.  Wigan were in the automatic spots but didnt look all that to me, however they worked hard, had pace wide and knew the system. We had more quality than them .   Its that old saying you have to earn the right to play !  hutchinson,  Lulongo can do that problem is they are made of biscuit, but its still better than wee Barry showboating, he cant win a tackle on his feet, always has to go to ground, Keep Wing in for me, unless Dele can step up?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

1 game where we sneak an own goal to get us the win and now Bannan isn’t needed anymore lol 

you can tell the Bannan haters were desperate to post this without really thinking it through 

Its not he isnt needed , its just he isnt the bleeding messiah 

• Like 1

I still feel like Bannan’s best position has always been left midfield which is what he played a lot in the 2015/16 season as we had Lee/Hutch/Lopez in the middle.

Not that this makes any difference to where we’re at now as we have too many wide midfielders as it is and don’t play the same system as 2016.

For what it’s worth I do think Bannan is still a starter.

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I agree about the fluke goal and one win doesn't make the case.

However it could be that the extra energy on the pitch is a result of not playing Bannan because he reduces the pace?

I'd keep him on the bench for the next few games to find out.

He's been ever present more or less last few seasons and it's not lead to overwhelming success.

• Like 7

Just now, Rev Owl said:

I agree about the fluke goal and one win doesn't make the case.

However it could be that the extra energy on the pitch is a result of not playing Bannan because he reduces the pace?

I'd keep him on the bench for the next few games to find out.

He's been ever present more or less last few seasons and it's not lead to overwhelming success.

I’d be pretty surprised to see Bannan dropped for any reason other than injury. My opinion for what it’s worth is that a lot of our extra energy came from Patterson, Brown and indeed the Wednesday fans. 

We won last night because we got the rub of the green for the first time in weeks, it had nothing to do with Bannan not playing.

When you look at the most likely replacements for Bannan (Wing and Byers), Bannan has more ability than both players put together.

Oh and our set pieces weren’t great last night either, even though we had more height in the side than we’ve had for a while.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1