We would be MUCH better without Bannan

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye because thats the only thing BB has done for Wednesday jesus wept 

In that one game alone when BB was no more than a 6 he laid on the pass for the goal, he laid on a defence splitting pass to make the Penalty , he laid on a defence splitting pass for the disallowed goal he also put at least 2 crosses for Gregory that IMO should have been finished ..................oh and the only thing that matters to you he missed a penalty ....badly 

Do you actually think he delivers good set pieces most of the time?

I don’t think anyone is questioning the other attributes he brings to the team, but his set piece delivery is poor most of the time in my opinion, and I would really like to see someone else in the squad step up and have a go other than Bannan.

• Like 2

I always think that anyone/ any team needs minimum 10 games and that’s being a bit impatient - really a manager needs a few seasons with decent support, but we mustn’t let a few poor results and Bannan trying to make up for a new team understanding each other, create suggestions that our best player has to leave. They just need time to work it out and I reckon that despite the Moore critics, he knows more than anyone posting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, p2008601 said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

There were 3 key passes in that game from a Wednesday point of view.

The assist for the goal, the assist for the goal which should’ve stood and the ball through to win the penalty…. All made by Bannan.

We are a far far worse side when he’s not in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few games without Bannan might do the squad a lot of good. For the last few seasons any player winning possession around midfield looks to pass to Bannan regardless of what other pass might be possible. Even the new additions, Adeniran, Byers, Wing etc seem seem to have the same idea. A week or two of our midfielders using their own initiative could well work to our advantage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

If he is out then this is when the others have to step out of his shadow as he is too often the easy out ball for players rather than creating something themselves.

Agree, Bannan often the easy option. Other players need to accept responsibility and make something happen. If he's not playing, they can't simply pass him the ball and stand still waiting for him to do something. 

Although, the worry is they pass the ball back to the defenders instead and stand still. 

Opportunity for Dele-Bashiru IMO to come in and show if he has what it takes. 

In defence of the rest of the midfield, I bet playing with Barry takes some getting used to. 

He's a little dynamo, always wants it, always moving. His reading of the game is amazing.

A lot like the play that  Harry Kane gets criticised for. Always trying to get the ball, formation be damned.

It must be hard for the others, trying to get into a system, when Barry just does what he thinks is best at the time.

12 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

In that one game alone when BB was no more than a 6 he laid on the pass for the goal, he laid on a defence splitting pass to make the Penalty , he laid on a defence splitting pass for the disallowed goal he also put at least 2 crosses for Gregory that IMO should have been finished ..................oh and the only thing that matters to you he missed a penalty ....badly 

This

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Is the cry from a few Wednesday fans on the current ‘Bannan is holding us back!’ Bandwagon

looks like he will be out and miss the next game 

So… let’s see

What are you expecting to see?

The only thing that get's on my T*ts about Bannan is how he slows thing's down when a good attacking pass is on.

If only he would make the quick pass rather than looking for a Hollywood pass.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, p2008601 said:

Do you actually think he delivers good set pieces most of the time?

I don’t think anyone is questioning the other attributes he brings to the team, but his set piece delivery is poor most of the time in my opinion, and I would really like to see someone else in the squad step up and have a go other than Bannan.

This, in spades.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

The problem with Bannan isn't Bannan, it's us. We rely on him too much. Bannan not playing won't allow players to hide behind him forcing him to play the killer ball. Other players will have to step up without him. I thought Dele looked good when he came on. We should be able to utilise one of the best players in this league without relying on him so much he becomes a liability. It ain't Bannans fault no one else has stepped up in the past 5 years. Nothing has changed since Moor arrived - it's possibly got worse.

Wednesday fans are crackers sometimes.

Every single club in this division would love to have Bannan in their sides, regardless of what faults we might think he has. He would walk into a lot of Championship sides too.....  You only have to listen to opposition fans, opposition managers and pundits to know this.

Yet our fans are falling over themselves to leave your best player (by a mile) out of the squad for a run of games.

Its just another distraction from many of the other issues..... such as why the manager has made the pitch wider, yet plays with such a narrow formation which allows more space for opposition wingers....which funily enough, if we ustilised our own wide players in the space it would probably accomodate Bannans game far more.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I posted this on twitter after bannan felt the need to apologise for missing his pen...

photoCollageMaker_20210918_202756317~2.jpg

It's like when Curran left 1st division Southampton and joined us in Div 3 - a complete waste of talent but we certainly benefited. Like BB, Curran just did what he wanted, but we had players around him who complemented him, and did the hard work. This is what BB has needed for several seasons. If we'd had bought a quality CM partner for him at the start of the 2016/17 season rather than Abdi/Jones and then Butterfield, we'd have gone up and he'd have plied his trade in the PL rather than at Morecombe.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

There were 3 key passes in that game from a Wednesday point of view.

The assist for the goal, the assist for the goal which should’ve stood and the ball through to win the penalty…. All made by Bannan.

We are a far far worse side when he’s not in it.

Not advocating for his exclusion from the team, just that his set pieces are generally on the whole poor, and I would like someone else in the team to step up and be given/have a go other than BB.

• Like 1