We would be MUCH better without Bannan

I don't agree with the calls to sell and move on whilst we are in such a transitional phase with the squad.

Captain's duty isn't just to be the leader on the pitch and turn in game winning performances week in week out - it's only part of it. 

A long term campaigner needs to be in and around the club to lead off the pitch as well, especially when we have a number of young players. 

Regardless of whether he is the same player as 3 or 4 years ago we need him around, it's up to the manager to bring the other players we have on so we do not over rely on him.

Guest Willow Owl

Cannot believe some fans actually believe we would be better off without Bannan. 
I agree we need some alternatives on set pieces but he is still, by a long stretch our best player.

I’d love to know who they think would be better at this level. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Cannot believe some fans actually believe we would be better off without Bannan. 
I agree we need some alternatives on set pieces but he is still, by a long stretch our best player.

I’d love to know who they think would be better at this level. 

I do believe we need to see if we can play without, it may work, it may not, but our midfield is not working.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Is the cry from a few Wednesday fans on the current ‘Bannan is holding us back!’ Bandwagon

looks like he will be out and miss the next game 

So… let’s see

What are you expecting to see?

I am someone who has suggested it a few times.  I don’t know if it will work or not but I would like to see how it goes without Bannan.  

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I do believe we need to see if we can play without, it may work, it may not, but our midfield is not working.

Don’t think Bannan is the problem, think it’s those around him that need to take more responsibility. 

1 hour ago, p2008601 said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

Aye because thats the only thing BB has done for Wednesday jesus wept 

In that one game alone when BB was no more than a 6 he laid on the pass for the goal, he laid on a defence splitting pass to make the Penalty , he laid on a defence splitting pass for the disallowed goal he also put at least 2 crosses for Gregory that IMO should have been finished ..................oh and the only thing that matters to you he missed a penalty ....badly 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

It’s true though 

All the chopping and changing of starting lineups is killing us dead 

Not one of us knows the best starting lineup from you to me to Darren Moore

Nobody has a clue 

Because we keep flip flopping between players for no reason 

As Moore did last season. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Wing is the best set piece taker at the club by an absolute mile.

You may be right, but your set piece taker has to be someone playing on a regular basis. Someone you can work with on set pieces in training.  Don’t believe Wing has played consistently well enough to nail down a starting place. That may well happen in the future. 

It’s true though 

Nobody has a clue 

Absolutely this.

• Like 2

It’s true though 

Nobody has a clue 

Spot on.

I think looking at the players we have brought in, ones like Corbeanau and Sow are players that are going to need a run of games to show there potential, to get into it and so we can see the best of them as fans. 

If Moore is going to persist with this 451/433 (I’d prefer he didn’t) then can he please have these 2 with  Gregory in between them For the next 6 games fitness permitting !!!

• Like 1

For me drop Bannan for the next three games give someone else a chance, let's see if we have more goals from midfield, better delivery from free kicks and corners that actual best the first man.

many on here seen to forget a few season ago Bannan was no where near the set plays when we had free agent signing Wallace his delivery was a lot better and he scored goals.

Bannan can be a good player again but not playing defensive midfield.

• Like 4