Adam Reach

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

The facts:

0 goals, 0 assists, only a 63% pass completion

average, and 1 tackle in 6 Championship games for West Brom. 

Stop trying to change the point

The point is we were told he was so rubbish he’d never get a game and would just be signed as a squad player 

That’s the only point 

Let’s not try deflect and distract techniques here 

The point is we were told he was so rubbish he’d never get a game

He’s now a regular in their starting eleven 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*checks thread title*

*sees that WendyOK has clicked it, read it, posted in it*

WendyOK checked thread title and made a very valid comment. Can't really see why people jump in with a thread cos Reach has had a good game playing for another club myself. He wanted to leave. 

• Like 2

i right dont care what reach is doing now, he was an idol waste of space for us for last 2 years so where nearly all the other players what left , how many of them are doing well now??????????? absolutely none of them is the answer . whats the obsession with past players? there gone there forgotten , im more bothered about now and the current state of things ,the stale football etc etc 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

For the benefit of the tape I clearly remember many many posts slating Adam Reach and saying he was a rubbish tackle avoiding waste of space. 

I know we are operating in the ‘post truth’ era but surely every Owlstalk reader remembers it? There are even posts in this thread saying he was rubbish! We don’t need to delve into the past to find more evidence…

Oh there were plenty who criticised Reach's commitment, desire, tackling etc. during his final few seasons with us.

That's not in question - we all surely remember those.

What I don't remember is many posters suggesting he'd never get a game after leaving us, which is what the OP appears to be in response to. 

I'm not denying it happened; just saying I don't remember it. Therefore it would aid the discussion of said posts if someone would post them so we could see what was said and by how many.

• Like 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Oh there were plenty who criticised Reach's commitment, desire, tackling etc. during his final few seasons with us.

That's not in question - we all surely remember those.

What I don't remember is many posters suggesting he'd never get a game after leaving us, which is what the OP appears to be in response to. 

I'm not denying it happened; just saying I don't remember it. Therefore it would aid the discussion of said posts if someone would post them so we could see what was said and by how many.

👆👆👆

Another example of people trying to claim something never happened in the post truth era 

Don’t let em succeed with this sheeeeeite 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Strange thread.

Sometimes it’s time for a player to move on and that was certainly the case with Reach.

Let’s stop living in the past. And this from someone who rated Reach as a player. 

This is Owlstalk - a Sheffield Wednesday forum where we discuss players past and present 

And we always always will do

If people don’t like particular subjects or threads thats fine they can just move onto the ones they do

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

👆👆👆

Another example of people trying to claim something never happened in the post truth era 

Don’t let em succeed with this sheeeeeite 

Eh?

I literally said 'I'm not denying it happened'.

I just have no memory of them or missed them the first time around.

All you need to do is post the quotes you're responding to, and then we can all discuss them.

Surely that's the very definition of 'truth'?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

I literally said 'I'm not denying it happened'.

I just have no memory of them or missed them the first time around.

All you need to do is post the quotes you're responding to, and then we can all discuss them.

Surely that's the very definition of 'truth'?

Youre literally talking to yourself now

if you want to find the quotes use the search facility 

Im not your lapdog

And i don’t ever entertain the ‘nah didnt happen’ brigade 

this is my final engagement with you on this one as you’re just here to waste everyone’s time with your denial nonsense 

Owlstalk Shop

No surprise to me whatsoever. Very good Championship left-sided player.

Now he’s upto fitness he is playing 90 minutes every game, as indeed he always did for us. Difference is, we covered holes in our squad elsewhere in our squad by playing him in foolhardy positions. 

As for last season, name me a better LW in our squad last season. Name me a better LWB in our squad. Name me a better LB in our squad.

You can’t. Which is why he was picked every single game. 

Let’s be honest guys. And many of you will hate this. If he was still here he’d be a shoe-in every game this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Youre literally talking to yourself now

if you want to find the quotes use the search facility 

Im not your lapdog

And i don’t ever entertain the ‘nah didnt happen’ brigade 

this is my final engagement with you on this one as you’re just here to waste everyone’s time with your denial nonsense 

Oh dear.

Again, I'm not denying it happened; I'm simply asking that the quotes you refer to be posted so we can have a properly informed discussion about them.

Ironically, if you'd posted them to begin with, it would have saved us both the time of entering into this discussion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

0F04D109-A27E-41AD-8968-EC72680CA057.jpeg

When Adam Reach left our club he was mocked as some of our fans laughed and said he’d never get a game, would do nothing etc etc

Hes an integral part of the West Brom team now and having a solid time

Maybe just maybe some of our fans aren’t the judge of players they think they are?

That fact is that some fans love a scapegoat and Reach became one at Hillsborough; plus some fans either can’t think for themselves or are too cautious to do so and will just spew out the “he’s crap” line irrespective of whether a player plays well or not. Also, some fans can’t see the difference between a good or bad performance. 

Saying all of that, Reach had lost his way at SWFC and a change was needed. The great shame is that we didn’t get any money for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Let me guess. 

They’re playing him on the left and he’s doing just fine?

He has started 3 games and has not been great to say the least. Left wing-back on Friday night, typical Reach performance. 

Integral is far from the truth but then that doesn't fit in with the point the OP is trying to make. I wonder how many times he has seen Reach play this season.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has started 3 games and has not been great to say the least. Left wing-back on Friday night, typical Reach performance. 

Integral is far from the truth but then that doesn't fit in with the point the OP is trying to make. I wonder how many times he has seen Reach play this season.

Here is the point of the thread 

We were told Adam Reach was rubbish and wouldn’t get a game at West Brom

He is doing - regularly 

Anything else is irrelevant 

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No surprise to me whatsoever. Very good Championship left-sided player.

Now he’s upto fitness he is playing 90 minutes every game, as indeed he always did for us. Difference is, we covered holes in our squad elsewhere in our squad by playing him in foolhardy positions. 

As for last season, name me a better LW in our squad last season. Name me a better LWB in our squad. Name me a better LB in our squad.

You can’t. Which is why he was picked every single game. 

Let’s be honest guys. And many of you will hate this. If he was still here he’d be a shoe-in every game this season. 

He is playing left-wing back for West Brom. In his 3 league starts they have won one, and that was a last gasp victory. Their results show that so far they are better without him in the team than with him.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Here is the point of the thread 

We were told Adam Reach was rubbish and wouldn’t get a game at West Brom

He is doing - regularly 

Anything else is irrelevant 

OK, so the fact than when he does play West Brom get worse results is irrelevant? 

Fair enough. great point you are making. Enjoy your Sunday.

:duntmatter: