Adam Reach

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Here comes the revisionist history tactics

lol

I think the vast majority of Wednesday fans knew he had ability, can't remember anyone saying he was rubbish. Overall his time here was disappointing and the criticism of him was due to his refusal to tackle, head the ball, and , an old fashioned phrase, get stuck in. Poor value for money.

• Like 2

Well let me remind you all, 

Man City fans hurl abuse at Raheem Sterling. 

We're all abit bitter at the end of the day, paying ticket prices of £30 to £75 per game for footballers to ride their Bentleys. 

I always think if you've got £30 to spend on a weekend, why not go for a massage instead of paying for a footballer to get a massage.

Self care lads and lasses, put yourself first

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If you go back far enough I’m sure you could find the same comments about Antonio, you know the guy who has just become WHUs all time premier league goal scorer?

But like Reach, in his last few months here, there was a good player, who didn’t want to be here.

I don’t think people were criticising Reachs ability, more his willingness.

personally I always thought he would go to a club higher up the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Plonk said:

If you go back far enough I’m sure you could find the same comments about Antonio, you know the guy who has just become WHUs all time premier league goal scorer?

This is my point 

Emotion takes over some of our fans when we don’t win that leads to them starting movements and criticism against players 

When in reality their judgment is either impaired through emotion, or they’re simply not a good judge of player at all in the first place 

So should we listen to those (pretty much same) people currently posting about how bad Bannan is?

Owlstalk Shop

It's the old ability and application debate. If you want to take it to an extreme you could apply the same to pogba. The guy has the ability to be world class but for the past few years his application has been poor. Countless pundits slagged him off and wanted him shipped out of man u. Doesn't mean they were wrong.

Same could be said for balotelli, he's got the talent and shows it for certain teams. End of the day he got shipped out of clubs because his application was poor.

Reach is not on that level. But Countless times for us he just wasent up to it. We knew he had the skill but when you strip things down all the average fan asks is some effort, reach bottled countless tackles and his effort just noise dived. A lot of the criticism, especially in the last season was justified, perhaps that was the wake up call he needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

It's the old ability and application debate. If you want to take it to an extreme you could apply the same to pogba. The guy has the ability to be world class but for the past few years his application has been poor. Countless pundits slagged him off and wanted him shipped out of man u. Doesn't mean they were wrong.

Same could be said for balotelli, he's got the talent and shows it for certain teams. End of the day he got shipped out of clubs because his application was poor.

Reach is not on that level. But Countless times for us he just wasent up to it. We knew he had the skill but when you strip things down all the average fan asks is some effort, reach bottled countless tackles and his effort just noise dived. A lot of the criticism, especially in the last season was justified, perhaps that was the wake up call he needed.

Or perhaps he’s been paid?

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would YOU if you weren’t getting paid?

nope, that's what I was getting at without mentioning that bit, the fans stopped caring so god knows how the players felt, comedy club, then we got some hope this season and that's fell flat on its backside 😂

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I'm not sure anyone said he was rubbish did they? His attitude, workrate, determination, commitment and consistency were questioned, quite rightly. 

This is the thing, isn't it?

Until someone posts the quotes this thread is a response to, it's hard to know exactly what was said.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is the thing, isn't it?

Until someone posts the quotes this thread is a response to, it's hard to know exactly what was said.

Come on now Anyone who reads this site will testify the last two years of criticism of Reach with it being he is rubbish

Lets not waste anyones time trying to claim it never happened 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now Anyone who reads this site will testify the last two years of criticism of Reach with it being he is rubbish

For the benefit of the tape I clearly remember many many posts slating Adam Reach and saying he was a rubbish tackle avoiding waste of space. 

I know we are operating in the ‘post truth’ era but surely every Owlstalk reader remembers it? There are even posts in this thread saying he was rubbish! We don’t need to delve into the past to find more evidence…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm on here pretty regularly and I can't recall posts saying Reach would never play a game after leaving us.

As I say, it's hard to enter into a discussion of these posts if you don't quote them to refresh our memories.

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

For the benefit of the tape I clearly remember many many posts slating Adam Reach and saying he was a rubbish tackle avoiding waste of space. 

I know we are operating in the ‘post truth’ era but surely every Owlstalk reader remembers it? There are even posts in this thread saying he was rubbish! We don’t need to delve into the past to find more evidence…

Thanks mate

Its important we don’t allow the ‘nah that didn’t happen’ brigade to ever get away with trying that tactic 

Owlstalk Shop