Rinse and repeat

Marro

New manager - good guy.  His interviews are great, so refreshing.  Good result.  

Fast forward 6 or so games - another defeat - we played badly - no plan b - what was he thinking of when he picked that team.  I’m sick of his interviews - spouts the same old sh.  1t every week.  Another defeat - how long has the manager got left?  Manager sacked.

New manager appointed.....and repeat.

Bottom line is none of us will be happy until we have winning football at S6 on a consistent basis.

6 minutes ago, Marro said:

Fast forward 6 or so games - another defeat - we played badly - no plan b - what was he thinking of when he picked that team.  I’m sick of his interviews - spouts the same old sh.  1t every week.  Another defeat - how long has the manager got left?  Manager sacked.

Bottom line is none of us will be happy until we have winning football at S6 on a consistent basis.

Thought it was a draw yesterday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marro said:

Yep. This Goldfish thinking is not sustainable or a successful strategy imo.

As tough as it is short term, we have to hold fast and think medium/long term.

The results wouldn’t be bothering me if I could see the sense in what we are attempting to do in a tactical sense.

Ultimately, we look like a pub team, sent out to just play it by ear. There’s no cohesion, there’s no tactical reactions mid game, it’s diabolical in all honesty.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

DM has put together a good squad, but doesn't get the best out of them.

There are several good attacking players for this level, yet in only one match have we actually had more shots than the opposition (Morecambe).  IMO this tells you all you need to know about DMs tactics, and approach to games.

We are supposedly going for automatic promotion yet haven't even scored a goal a game on average.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marro said:

But at our level that's pretty much what it is.

Let's face it, there are few managers who are universally successful, and those that are wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

It's trial and error until someone eventually clicks.

What we really can't afford is to go into a relegation scrap with this team.

Not only is it brittle, but it also has young, inexperienced players.

And Moore's no stranger to relegation either.

If you're in the brown stuff at Xmas - and on current form that's where we're headed - then you need top-of-the-table form in the second half to get out of it.

I wouldn't fancy our chances one jot of cheating the drop.

• Like 4

Guest The Claw

my self and brothers usually pull a game apart when its finished, this happened, that happened, we could have, should have etc. etc. yesterday and today we have said nothing. we just cant be bothered, i imagine were not alone with this feeling. peacock blunder and defence stood watching without a word of warning.

bloody pantomime, hes behind you..................ffs 

Guest Tactical Bacon

We've seen 20 minute spells in games of the potential, but I'm at a loss as to why we aren't hitting those levels for longer.

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

The results wouldn’t be bothering me if I could see the sense in what we are attempting to do in a tactical sense.

Ultimately, we look like a pub team, sent out to just play it by ear. There’s no cohesion, there’s no tactical reactions mid game, it’s diabolical in all honesty.

Spot on.

Those who defend Moore say that we've many new players who need to gel, which is in fairness perfectly true.

Yet gelling isn't really the main problem.

If the team had an effective structure, and a clear plan, then we'd all have hope, even if at present there was a lack of cohesion.

But the players seem at a loss as to know what they're doing, and it makes you wonder if Moore does either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tactical Bacon said:

We've seen 20 minute spells in games of the potential, but I'm at a loss as to why we aren't hitting those levels for longer.

That is a great point.  At times we’ve looked very good but cannot sustain it.

• Like 1