Biggest problem this summer was...

OP might get there wish for Tuesday as Bannan looks to be injured

Won’t make any difference whilst Moore continues to play this totally in effective system that is draining the attacking play out of the team

Cole Stockton at Morecambe already has  8 goals this season. Wednesday as a team have 7. That’s an illustration as to how bad Moore’s tactics have become

• Like 1

Didn’t have a great game yesterday, he’s not immune to criticism, I too was shouting at the TV about him playing 40 yarders going out of play instead of keeping the ball and posesssion. 

We were so sloppy with out passing across the park yesterday - Bannan isn’t the problem here though, the problem is our manager playing restrictive football in a side which is more than capable of doing more - take the shackles off, surround Gregory quicker and give him a partner up top instead of being isolated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The biggest problem this summer was Chansiri.

The wage situation, the delays in signing players, the lack of transfer funds etc.

After that, and on the face of it, the freebies we eventually signed are all good for the league.  The end product that Moore creates is that of a Division 3 midtable side.

Bannan is neither here nor there in the grande scheme of things.  If we are going to linger around midtable with no danger of going up or down, we don't need a £20k a week midfielder.  We need him if we are hoping to get promoted.  We are not aiming for promotion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

OP might get there wish for Tuesday as Bannan looks to be injured

Won’t make any difference whilst Moore continues to play this totally in effective system that is draining the attacking play out of the team

Cole Stockton at Morecambe already has  8 goals this season. Wednesday as a team have 7. That’s an illustration as to how bad Moore’s tactics have become

Spot on,

Over cautious football

8 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

His contribution has been great. 

We've sang his name no end. He's somewhat iconic. And our captain.

Dropping him would be a total shift. 

Big call.

No he is not.

Bannans biggest problem to SWFC is the wages he is on.

Reported £27k per week is ridiculous in the Third Division for a player, not sure we have learned our lesson from over generous with the wages.

On the pitch however he is not perfect and would like to see someone else take the odd corner or free kick but he is a decent player at this level.

• Like 2

Without Bannan this team is nothing, yes at times he is frustrating when playing Hollywood balls but individually, take him out of the team and we are left with a set of players that nobody wanted and a manager that talks absolute shìt.

Don't get me started on our dear leader.

Barry is the least of our problems. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Not getting rid of bannan..perpetual failure..doesn't score, creates nothing, berates team mates, too small, completely ineffectual 

Watched today as usual and I have genuinely no idea why he is in the team let alone captain

Darren you have a big decision to make or lose your job..which is it?

Thank god someone has had the balls to say it how it is, Bannan is the most overated player ever, fed up of seeing his stupid little twists and turns and no end product ,makes me wonder how much power he has within the squad, we will never see the best from Wing while Billy big rounduns Bannan is in the side.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Without Bannan this team is nothing, yes at times he is frustrating when playing Hollywood balls but individually, take him out of the team and we are left with a set of players that nobody wanted and a manager that talks absolute shìt.

Don't get me started on our dear leader.

Barry is the least of our problems. 

This team nothing without Bannan ?😂😂😂what a load of garbage.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Not getting rid of bannan..perpetual failure..doesn't score, creates nothing, berates team mates, too small, completely ineffectual 

Watched today as usual and I have genuinely no idea why he is in the team let alone captain

Darren you have a big decision to make or lose your job..which is it?

Tell me you don’t understand football without actually telling me you don’t understand football 

10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Sorry, but he's different class at this level.

I thought he was a little terrier yesterday. Chased everything, never gave up.

• Haha 1

We have a problem scoring goals. Have done for nearly 2 years. Is it because the strikers aren’t good enough or is it because we don’t create enough clear cut chances? I suspect the answer falls somewhere between the two?

With regards to Bannan, I think finding a role for him in the team that gets the best out of him is proving to be one of Moore’s biggest dilemma’s. Personally I think Bannan has hit a brick wall here just like several of the players of the CC era who are no longer here have done. I think a parting of the ways may have to happen sooner rather than later but when he just happens to be your captain, it makes the situation twice as difficult. I think Moore has to back his own judgement and look to Adeniran and Byers as the way forward.

• Like 2